Management State of the Bruins - Neely 5/19/22 (unedited)

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I'm not sure what there is to explain. A player comes off the bench and the puck is either in the d-zone, the neutral zone or the o-zone.

I wouldn't consider that a zone start.

By the time a player gets into the play the puck could be into a different zone. And players almost never change when the puck is in their defensive zone.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
A fair analysis,

I still want both Neely and Sweeney gone. Not going to happen anytime soon. Perhaps if they implode next season.
Drafts: F
Acquisitions/trades/term: C-
Retention/term: B-

In a salary cap league, drafting is everything. So is avoiding acquiring bad contracts--and, I lump in Coyle among the bad contracts given its excessive term. He's been very bad in both areas. 2011 was our zenith; 2015 draft our nadir. I don't see how we can recover from that and I don't trust him to try.

Reactions: GordonHowe

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
Reactions: GordonHowe

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
Analytics signed that shitty free agent signings from last year. Should have just plugged their own bottom six from Providence.
A little hard to follow this but if you think analytics signed forbort, foligno or ullmark, I would disagree

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Drafts: F
Acquisitions/trades/term: C-
Retention/term: B-

In a salary cap league, drafting is everything. So is avoiding acquiring bad contracts--and, I lump in Coyle among the bad contracts given its excessive term. He's been very bad in both areas. 2011 was our zenith; 2015 draft our nadir. I don't see how we can recover from that and I don't trust him to try.

Don't disagree.

Whatever Sweeney's strong points, and we can discuss them if you like, his overall management, quite poor over six plus years, is evident.

Neely makes me ill.

Yet everyone knows the old man will ride it out, as long as there is a playoff berth. So, another season of same. Then the inevitable firing of Cassidy. Then a further season with some poor f***er behind the bench.

And then, when they can't make even round one, SweeNeely shown the door.

And then...?

It's going to be TWO SEASONS of this foolishness, ladies and germs.

"Roll it again,"

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
A little hard to follow this but if you think analytics signed forbort, foligno or ullmark, I would disagree
Foligno no but everyone else, he’ll ya. Always wondering “ what did they see when they signed him”. The numbers speaking to them.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Didn't I read here someplace yesterday that Forbort's analytics were doggy poo last year and his final year in the 'Peg.

bp14

Mar 17, 2022
still no news on a Contract for DON
It’s coming. We all know he's not getting fired.

We are stuck with Neely, likely until he retires. We are stuck with Sweeney until the team bottoms out - could be next year or 5 years from now.

Coaches will churn when fans get restless, but the real issues will remain firmly in place.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Yeah, I think Sweeney simply liked him and thought they needed size on the backend. He then figured Forbort would excel playing with McAvoy, who could handle the puck and cover up Forbort's biggest issue.

Which was f***ing crazy.
Yes and no. He played with Doughty, and there isn’t a better McAvoy comp than Doughty. Not excusing it or even trying to defend it in the least but it’s not the worst thought in the workd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad