OT: State of Texas Hockey Thread

drhockey14

Nov 24, 2008
you could be thinking of stefan noesen. I can't remember if he played high school here, but he played on the same team with Colin Jacobs and Cason Hohmann. Hohmann also played hs here at rockwall.

and thats sick that hunter leisner is playing for the tornado - I went to high school with his brother

drhockey14

Nov 24, 2008
Brown moved to Michigan when he was 14. Twist is probably thinking of Colin Jacobs, who I'm quite sure played at coppell, or something.

Wait, I thought Brown's dad coached here in the metroplex. And im pretty sure it is Chris Brown who always comes back during the summer and plays adult league at ITC in Richardson. Its either him or another player from the metroplex who has been drafted and is playing D1

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
you could be thinking of stefan noesen. I can't remember if he played high school here, but he played on the same team with Colin Jacobs and Cason Hohmann. Hohmann also played hs here at rockwall.

and thats sick that hunter leisner is playing for the tornado - I went to high school with his brother

No, it was Jacobs. I knew he played for Coppell, and he's the reason they won the Tier I State title a few years back.

Jacobs played AAA Major, right? Anyone know what team, I can't find him in any of the systems...

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Ice jets.

Oh, wow. I'm really good friends with a kid who's supposed to head up there for them, and he's even got some Junior scouts checking him out. Doubt he'll ever hit the big league, but I wouldn't be surprised if he plays pro somewhere.

ReverendAlBundy

Loungetown mortician
Feb 25, 2010
Fort Worth
Midget Minor AAA. Might be Major, though, can't remember.

Not sure he's old enough for Jr. A, but he's talented enough for it.
Pretty sure minimum age for juniors is 16. Either way, he's probably better off playing for the AAA team where he'd have a chance to get scouted to go play in a different junior league then the ice jets. The ice jets junior team plays in the wshl, which is pretty much the worst junior league in the country.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Pretty sure minimum age for juniors is 16. Either way, he's probably better off playing for the AAA team where he'd have a chance to get scouted to go play in a different junior league then the ice jets. The ice jets junior team plays in the wshl, which is pretty much the worst junior league in the country.

He's 16 now, but I think what you said after is why.

This year is his first year in Minors AAA, though. Only AAA team in the state outside of Dallas.

What level did/do you play at?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Wow. I'd kill to be that good. I probably couldn't even make an A team. :cry:

drhockey14

Nov 24, 2008
Ice jets.

yep, that was the team with cason hohmann, and stefan noesen. That was bantam right? cause cason moved up to detroit and led Tier I AAA while playing for Compuware one of the seasons after that

and I wish I was good enough to play that high level, I never tried out for travel, but some of my friends told me I could make A or AA. I only played high school, and only jv because of how stacked our team was, but I played a bunch of varsity games especially during the Texas Cup. We won state for varsity silver my senior year

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
7.5D but I got them big so they'd last.

Why?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad