Stastny in need of a shooter?

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I somewhat remember that and also remember hearing he meant to hit the glass (thought I remember the coach saying something about that too). Either way, yeah it was pretty stupid.

Backes and Tarasenko recently got into a fight at practice too, miswell cut them for an incident.

Two completely different things with completely different situations that shouldn't be compared.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I somewhat remember that and also remember hearing he meant to hit the glass (thought I remember the coach saying something about that too). Either way, yeah it was pretty stupid.

Backes and Tarasenko recently got into a fight at practice too, miswell cut them for an incident.

There's a difference between frustrations boiling over in a practice between teammates and being a total diva. Radulov is the latter. I want nothing to do with a guy like that, but I also happen to believe that team chemistry plays a huge role.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Guys, lets be serious though, Radulov would become a perfect citizen after 5 minutes around Tarasenko. The governments of the U.S. and Russia need to hire Tarasenko to get Obama and Putin as bff's.

But, seriously, I wouldn't want Radulov, but I do think Army can take some risks not only in the draft with Russians, but on the pro level with Russians. I think Tarasenko has that type of leadership mentality that would get the other Russians to buy-in and follow him. He'd be a tremendous role model for a guy like Yakupov, not saying he should be a target, just using him as an example.

Maybe if Semin was on a much shorter contract, Army could take a risk on him.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Guys, lets be serious though, Radulov would become a perfect citizen after 5 minutes around Tarasenko. The governments of the U.S. and Russia need to hire Tarasenko to get Obama and Putin as bff's.

But, seriously, I wouldn't want Radulov, but I do think Army can take some risks not only in the draft with Russians, but on the pro level with Russians. I think Tarasenko has that type of leadership mentality that would get the other Russians to buy-in and follow him. He'd be a tremendous role model for a guy like Yakupov, not saying he should be a target, just using him as an example.

Maybe if Semin was on a much shorter contract, Army could take a risk on him.

Maybe if Carolina took some of the hit on it. Would depend on how much Tarasenko/Jackman are willing to sign for though.

I also don't really take into consideration what you guys think of Radulovs attitude problems since you have no real clue if they exist or not. He'd be a top 10, maybe 5 in his position and at a low price you can't pass him up.

Last edited:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
For what he'd cost salary wise, it just wouldn't be worth it since Tarasenko will cost 6-7, and Schwartz will get his extension soon after.

STLBloosiers

Jul 14, 2014
tell me how much better these lines look without berglund..

realistically….

Steen-Backes-Oshie
Schwartz-Lehtera-Tarasenko
Lindstrom/Paajarvi-Stastny-Rattie
4th line

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA

realistically….

Steen-Backes-Oshie
4th line

They certainly look worse than what we have now

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012

realistically….

Steen-Backes-Oshie
4th line

They look decidedly worse than our current lines.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Maybe if Carolina took some of the hit on it. Would depend on how much Tarasenko/Jackman are willing to sign for though.

I also don't really take into consideration what you guys think of Radulovs attitude problems since you have no real clue if they exist or not. He'd be a top 10, maybe 5 in his position and at a low price you can't pass him up.

We do, though. There's documentation of it. It's not like all of us got together on here and decided to try and fool you.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas

realistically….

Steen-Backes-Oshie
4th line

Huh? So instead of having to play one struggling player on the 3rd line (Paajarvi/Lindstrom), now we play one and an AHLer who isn't ready on the opposite wing? Poor Stastny will feel like Hitchcock hates him. Have you not been watching the last handful of games, where Berglund has played very well and is unlucky not to have a couple more goals?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
And to add on to Berglund's posts and near-goals, he also has 5 points in his last 8 games, a 50 point pace. If he starts to gain chemistry with Stastny, he's worth keeping until the draft.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia

Thornton and Marleau had their "C" removed.

They were eating, not drinking. Members of the media saw them out past curfew and it got reported to Trotz and they were sat the game AFTER the incident. When Trotz checked the security logs they realized they were back around 1AM when the curfew was 12AM. I don't care if a grown man goes out for dinner at 12, sorry.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO

They were eating, not drinking. Members of the media saw them out past curfew and it got reported to Trotz and they were sat the game AFTER the incident. When Trotz checked the security logs they realized they were back around 1AM when the curfew was 12AM. I don't care if a grown man goes out for dinner at 12, sorry.

The point is he lacks the discipline to follow protocol. It doesn't matter if you personally have a problem with someone eating at 12am or not. The team rule is you have to be in by 12am and that's where it ends. He's obviously too immature or feels the rules don't apply to him. I think it's a little of both.

You're right about other players getting their C's removed but I don't recall the other two losing their's for "undisclosed discipline and off-ice problems".

We may just have to agree to disagree here.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012

Blatantly disregarding team rules does not say character issue? Regardless what they were doing(and I think you're pretty naive if you think they were just having a quiet dinner past midnight :laugh: ) Having your captaincy removed due to off ice issues doesn't say character issues? Equating this to Thornton and Marleau is absurd, but you already know that, just like you know equating hitting a coach with a stick is the same as a scuffle in practice.

He's a punk. He's a very talented punk. That's what he is. There is absolutely no reason to bring a cancer into the room. He's not good enough to justify being a brat.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
The point is he lacks the discipline to follow protocol. It doesn't matter if you personally have a problem with someone eating at 12am or not. The team rule is you have to be in by 12am and that's where it ends. He's obviously too immature or feels the rules don't apply to him. I think it's a little of both.

You're right about other players getting their C's removed but I don't recall the other two losing their's for "undisclosed discipline and off-ice problems".

We may just have to agree to disagree here.

Don't know the real reasoning.

Blatantly disregarding team rules does not say character issue? Regardless what they were doing(and I think you're pretty naive if you think they were just having a quiet dinner past midnight :laugh: ) Having your captaincy removed due to off ice issues doesn't say character issues? Equating this to Thornton and Marleau is absurd, but you already know that, just like you know equating hitting a coach with a stick is the same as a scuffle in practice.

He's a punk. He's a very talented punk. That's what he is. There is absolutely no reason to bring a cancer into the room. He's not good enough to justify being a brat.

He is IMO

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
God berglund is awful. Literally getting outplayed by Jaskin

Jaskin had a good game. It was great to see. He outplayed a few players last night (I'd argue Oshie was on that list, too.) But Berglund has been trending up in his effectiveness and there is plenty of reason for growing optimism about his fit with Stastny on that line. Your post is hard to reconcile with what I've seen the past several games.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
IMO, Armstrong will ultimately consider trading any number of players including Steen, Backes, Oshie, Berglund and/or a few others to accomplish two goals:

1. Clear space for salary demands of Tank and Schwartz
2. get a sniper to play with Stastny.
3. possibly swap some defensive pieces to give it a different character

The only reason I think this analysis changes is if for some reason he works out a trade of Stastny or he simply can't get fair value for these players.

Put another way, the only players who I would consider completely safe from a trade at this point are the STL line. I feel the Blues are very close, but not quite there, to being able to consistently beat the Kings and Hawks. I have a feeling Armstrong sees it the same way.

Last edited:

digitaljohn

Osgood As It Gets
Jun 1, 2008
Just an odd situation for him, IMO, to get a big contract like that and then immediately get a substantial reduction in minutes and line quality.

Heh, don't know how I got here, thought this was general talk. :laugh: Well, I kind of like the Blues and they aren't in the Wings division anymore.. go Blues.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad