Stastny in need of a shooter?

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
IMO, Armstrong will ultimately consider trading any number of players including Steen, Backes, Oshie, Berglund and/or a few others to accomplish two goals:

1. Clear space for salary demands of Tank and Schwartz
2. get a sniper to play with Stastny.
3. possibly swap some defensive pieces to give it a different character

The only reason I think this analysis changes is if for some reason he works out a trade of Stastny or he simply can't get fair value for these players.

Put another way, the only players who I would consider completely safe from a trade at this point are the STL line. I feel the Blues are very close, but not quite there, to being able to consistently beat the Kings and Hawks. I have a feeling Armstrong sees it the same way.

The STL line and Steen and Backes are the forwards I think are not realistic trade bait.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
The STL line and Steen and Backes are the forwards I think are not realistic trade bait.

What happens with Backes is up to him. He'll be 32 when his contract expires, and his style of play means any long term deal carries a degree of risk. If he is looking for $6.5m for 6 years, and remember his agent is Meehan, then we're firmly in the too expensive category and we'll have to explore trade options IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad