#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
KC Royals

SP Michael Wacha
SP Kevin Gausman
OF Michael Conforto
SS Xander Bogaerts

Probably would have gone position player over Gausman, but it was a bit of a knee jerk pick.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
The Texas Rangers will take, with their last pick, Masahiro Tanaka.

mike-trout-misses-masahiro-tanaka-splitter-a.gif

He seems to be a bit of a forgotten man because of his season last year with arm pain, but he's still super young, is adjusting really well to the arm scare and seems to be healing. He's not throwing as hard but his command and arsenal are great. Under control until 2020.

Texas Rangers
Corey Seager
Yoenis Cespedes
Dee Gordon (looooooool)
Masahiro Tanaka

Pwnasaurus

Feb 21, 2003
Robot City
Ironically I took 3 (somewhat) vets and a young pitcher with both of my assignments. I've been extremely impressed with Nola's fastball command in the starts I've seen this year, whereas the sky's the limit with Snell if he can continue to improve his. I thought it was a fun mix for both rosters. Thanks for putting this together Murray, I enjoyed it.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Ironically I took 3 (somewhat) vets and a young pitcher with both of my assignments. I've been extremely impressed with Nola's fastball command in the starts I've seen this year, whereas the sky's the limit with Snell if he can continue to improve his. I thought it was a fun mix for both rosters. Thanks for putting this together Murray, I enjoyed it.

Yea, I thought this would be a fun one. Gotta figure out a way now to see who "won".

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I thought Tigers did really well.

MVP, top of the rotation SP, another very good arm and a premium backstop.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Just realised Dodgers drafted 3 aces and another young potentially very good pitcher haha. Good luck getting a hit of that rotation.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Maybe separate it out into 3 classes of organization. The upper, middle and lower in terms of resources since that really affected strategy.

This. Not a level playing field at all if you are taking organizational resources into play. Honestly rather than ranking them in order (which would also be fine) it might be more insightful for the drafter to post something touching on their strategy and motivation behind the picks and then open it up to analysis and discussion.

Pwnasaurus

Feb 21, 2003
Robot City
Honestly rather than ranking them in order (which would also be fine) it might be more insightful for the drafter to post something touching on their strategy and motivation behind the picks and then open it up to analysis and discussion.

Good call. I'd be interested in that as well.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
This. Not a level playing field at all if you are taking organizational resources into play. Honestly rather than ranking them in order (which would also be fine) it might be more insightful for the drafter to post something touching on their strategy and motivation behind the picks and then open it up to analysis and discussion.

Agree.

Lot of people have already touched on that while making their picks too.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I've heard that.

Maybe we can sit him for April and October? Should still help us get there and then we can replace him in the rotation with 2008 ALCS MVP Matt Garza.

0-7, prone to giving up long ball etc.

MurrayBannerman

Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Maybe separate it out into 3 classes of organization. The upper, middle and lower in terms of resources since that really affected strategy.

That would work. Then we can rank by number.

Also would like to do everyone's top 5 or 10 picks by value.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
That would work. Then we can rank by number.

Also would like to do everyone's top 5 or 10 picks by value.

I wonder if it would have been better to separate them into categories before the draft. I feel like it should be fairly obvious which teams fall into which category but some people might have differing opinions on this.

MurrayBannerman

Feb 18, 2012
CHI
I wonder if it would have been better to separate them into categories before the draft. I feel like it should be fairly obvious which teams fall into which category but some people might have differing opinions on this.

I can just make an executive decision on this.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'm good with whatever. I can do a little writeup summarizing each of my teams, my picks and my strategy (and how that strategy shifted based on other peoples' picks).

MurrayBannerman

Feb 18, 2012
CHI
I'm good with whatever. I can do a little writeup summarizing each of my teams, my picks and my strategy (and how that strategy shifted based on other peoples' picks).

I think that's how we'll do it. I'll probably make a whole new thread for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad