Start Your Franchise Draft I

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The Philadelphia Phillies select OF Odubel Herrera

Last year he was nearly a 4 win player, and now he is walking.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
The Cleveland Indians select Jake Arrieta, SP, 30.

092715_chc_arrieta_push_ups_med_mnlz0f3d.gif

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
The Los Angeles Angels take Mike Moustakas.

100214_kc_moustakis_hr_twitter_1td93mps.gif

Finally starting to figure it out and crushing the ball, only 27 and provides good defensive value on the corner as well.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
It took this long for Arrieta to get picked? Lol

JD Martinez, Arrieta, and Moustakas are the only ones to be picked with 2 or less years of control so far. Him and Moose are also represented by Boras, but yeah, most of us are putting a big emphasis on player control. If he had that 3rd year he would not have gotten past my Red Sox pick in the 1st round.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
JD Martinez, Arrieta, and Moustakas are the only ones to be picked with 2 or less years of control so far. Him and Moose are also represented by Boras, but yeah, most of us are putting a big emphasis on player control. If he had that 3rd year he would not have gotten past my Red Sox pick in the 1st round.
Fair enough, I didn't even consider that. I was thinking purely from a talent standpoint.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I'm going for team control and upside more than anything. I have two low budget franchises.

I wonder if some of the older guys will go in the 100-120 range.

Your draft is just about spot on with how Rockies/Brewers would go about it.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Fair enough, I didn't even consider that. I was thinking purely from a talent standpoint.

Talent wise he'd be in 2-4 range but it's a juggling act. When i grabbed Rodon i had a look at Arrieta but decided to pass. Limited control plus he gonna get paid. Not expecting Arrieta to get the largest contract for a pitcher but i think he gets the largest AAV.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
The Pittsburg Alleghenys select David Peralta, OF, Arizona Dinkluhders (28, control until 2021).
12392138.jpg

Final tally for the Bucs:
SP Gerrit Cole
RF Gregory Polanco
SP Garrett Richards
LF David Peralta

Pittsburgh requests that David Peralta change his name to Gavid Peralta to fit the theme. Actually, wait, that's a terrible idea.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Los Angeles Angels pick Brandon Belt

belt-water.gif

Team control until 2021, lots of untapped power that I think will show more as he ages, one of the better defensive 1Bs and well, we needed a cleanup hitter (though Moose could definitely work there, he's killing it in the 2 spot).

Final team for LAA:

Jose Fernandez
Jason Heyward
Mike Moustakas
Brandon Belt

Great top of the order bats, all of them are top end defenders at their positions, and even thought Jose has struggled a bit early on he's, IMO, the best young pitcher in the game so I'm pretty happy with this team.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Definitely Syndergaard for me.

Right now Syn is looking like a real stud but we have to remember that he has 176 IP to his mlb career. He's done great in them for sure. Jose, despite the injury still has a better track record and history. Now for the keeper league, I take Syn because of the years of control and Fernandez being a Boras agent is gonna want to cash in huge, as he should. Who will be the better pitcher over the next 3-4 years? You can't go wrong with either but putting Jose above Syn wouldn't be wrong.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I love Jose but Noah for me any day. Jose along with Matt Harvey is in that 2nd tier. Noah is entering the top tier where Kershaw/Sale/Arrieta are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad