Post-Game Talk: Start the plane! Jets win 4-1

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
What the hell was going on with the Jets faceoffs? At least Lowry sucked big time in them. In general Lowry was quite a disappointment for me tonight. His line was constantly in trouble and allowed the only Preds goal. They also couldn't do much of anything with the puck. Didn’t also like the easy handing over of the puck that was going on all night for the whole Jets team.

Well, of course a great win with the result, but the team didn’t look really too good in general, and this win was practically all on Hellebuyck. The rest of the team needs to start playing clearly better and winning some battles and faceoffs. Otherwise I find it hard to believe that Helle can carry this team to the next round just by himself.

Reactions: Tommigun

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Too much cilantro during too long of a break. As others said that was a shake off the rust game.

Interesting to note that Wheeler with the goaltender interference call, which is correct as he made contact with Rinne without being pushed, but Helle can have a stick broken on his mask and it's not. Ah, the league loves us.

Psst, CBC, we're the Canadian team. No one wants you to emulate Sportsnet.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Were the Preds not following proper face off protocol with the linesman not enforcing the rules?

They were jumping early all night. I thought Statsny was going to lose his marbles at one point

Sometimes in the playoffs you need your goalie to win one for you and Helley did that tonight. Lets put a dagger in them on Sunday now

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Were the Preds not following proper face off protocol with the linesman not enforcing the rules?

Absolutely. It was ridiculous. CBC/Sportsnet should be talking about that. Half the time in their O zone they were putting their stick down first and leaning on the dot. Also a lot of draws didn't put their sticks in and did the sweep.

Stastny was complaining a lot and that's unusual.

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
SqZINJs.gif

Chipman Chevy celly my bros!

Chevy droppin a PoMo **** yeah :D

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
I gotta disagree, I thought the Jets were not good in the first and Preds got some good 5vs5 scoring chances. Not anywhere near as much the shot clock would indicate but some.

Helle is a damn machine. Scheif was good. What a win boys. Home advantage!

Not good in the first, but I thought way better than the Preds in the second.

Third period was always gonna be clench city with a 3-0 lead.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Db1liTBXkAIwmrD.jpg:large

Might have said something about that second line of theirs prior to this game...

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Too much cilantro during too long of a break. As others said that was a shake off the rust game.

Interesting to note that Wheeler with the goaltender interference call, which is correct as he made contact with Rinne without being pushed, but Helle can have a stick broken on his mask and it's not. Ah, the league loves us.

Psst, CBC, we're the Canadian team. No one wants you to emulate Sportsnet.

Hockey night in Canada is 100% a Sportsnet production now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad