Pre-Game Talk: start scoring again please... Leafs @ Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I would break up Lupul-JVR-Kessel... our 3 best wingers on one line not producing also weakening our second line... may as well have at least one strong line.

JVR - Kadri - Kessel
Lupul - Anyone - Clarkson

could put Raymond or Kulemin there both have played C at one point. maybe even Gardiner? Doesn't matter but IMO the first line should be changed.

The wild are on fire right now, 7-1-2 in their last 10 games.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Bozak sucks, who needs him.

Luckily ill be in class for this one, have a feeling it wont be any better than the last 3 games.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I would be putting Rielly back in the ****ing lineup. We need offense. If we don't have him in, and we have to rely on Gunnarsson as our 2nd line powerplay defenceman, prepare for another low scoring loss. Especially if Josh Harding is in goal.

leafstilldeath*

Hopefully Carlyle doesn't screw it up AGAIN. Just stick to the lines man and do not over coach FFS.

And buds, just score. If you want to be a special team club then make your chances count if even strength scoring is not going to be your forte.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
We were bound to go through a stretch without outscoring our problems.

I think we have been a bit better lately in terms of puck possession, minus that god awful 1st period against the Bruins of course.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON

I don't know if he flat out said no but he said in an interview recently it was too much work or something along those lines. I have no idea if he was joking around or not.

Yeah, on one of the Leaf articles about JVR moving to centre, it says something along the lines of:

"Nikolai Kulemin was asked about switching to the aforementioned position and he simply responded with "No," and said "too much work" with a smile."

Or something along that. He was being serious but it looks like he was laughing about it as well.

Jtabo

Sep 16, 2010
Greater Toronto Area
I want to see Lupul and Kadri back together. Having two dynamic duos on seperate lines (JVR-Kessel being the other) is what makes us such an offensive juggernaut.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Yeah, on one of the Leaf articles about JVR moving to centre, it says something along the lines of:

"Nikolai Kulemin was asked about switching to the aforementioned position and he simply responded with "No," and said "too much work" with a smile."

Or something along that. He was being serious but it looks like he was laughing about it as well.

It would be a quick ticket to the press box or out of town if he told Carlyle "no" if told to line up there.

leafstilldeath*

Why can't we roll with the following:

Smith/Smithson
Kadri
McClement
Smith/Smithson

Let a Center play a Center position.

Send Ashton or Bodie down to open the cap room for Smith.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
It would be a quick ticket to the press box or out of town if he told Carlyle "no" if told to line up there.

Well he's been getting the minutes he's usually gotten since JVR's move to centre so it clearly didn't change anything. But again, the tone of the article seemed to be that Kulemin laughed off the notion and it was meant to be a light-hearted response.

Also, the article doesn't explicitly say Carlyle asked him, I think he was just asked if he personally could do a move to centre if the situation arose for him to play it.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
I'd give JVR a couple more games at center just to see how he adjusts. Its only been 2 games. Its not like we have any better options.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Need to score more goals.....

P.S. Now we are missing our offensive catalyst Bozak?? Sorry but we were doing fine after Bozak injury. If anything, we stopped producing after Bolland got injured.

koka86yanzi

Jan 9, 2013
Kessel and JVR practically creates their own offence, they just need a centre to be defensively responsible and win some faceoffs. We need to roll two attacking lines - therefore Lupul and Kadri makes sense.

I really feel we should use a combination of McClement or Smithsson to center kessel/JVR

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Need to score more goals.....

P.S. Now we are missing our offensive catalyst Bozak?? Sorry but we were doing fine after Bozak injury. If anything, we stopped producing after Bolland got injured.

I agree, don't know why people miss Bozak. Bolland is what we're missing more.

JVR-Kadri-Kessel
Lupul-Bolland-Clarkson

The above lines were working well enough in pittsburgh and the other games.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Why can't we roll with the following:

Smith/Smithson
Kadri
McClement
Smith/Smithson

Let a Center play a Center position.

Send Ashton or Bodie down to open the cap room for Smith.

that's so crazy it just might work! But I would put Mcclement on the first line with JVR/KESSEL... He wouldn't need to do anything but play D and get them the puck

GifKing*

Oct 24, 2013

"I vant raise, but no worrk exxtra"

kulemin_weights.jpeg

Phil Collins

Mar 5, 2013
Sunnyvale NS
Clarkson: you will not live up to your contract, but please justify 5.5 for this year and next.

Ranger: keep on improving, some leaf fans don't need a whipping boy for the sake of it.

Kessel, JvR, Phaneuf, Lupul, Kadri, Rielly, and both goalies: keep on truckin'

Isn't it nice that our best players are performing like our best players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad