GDT: Start of the Death March | Jackets@Penguins | 7:00 PM | NBCSports

cbjfan

Jul 4, 2002
Visit site
Says a lot about the confidence in Bob when your #1 goalie doesn't get the call in a game like this.
Really strange. Regardless of Bob's recent past with the Penguins, the Jackets need him if they get into the playoffs. They are not winning a playoff series with Korpisalo or Kinkaid. This team is a mess.

P.S to Tortorella: Bob was the ONLY one who showed up for the game against the Devils on Tuesday. Nice reward for a job well done.

CBJ VGK

May 19, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
PIT puck line (-1.5) is +200 right now. Double your money is the Penguins win by at least 2.

Honestly, I don't know if there has ever been easier money in sports betting than going against the Blue Jackets this season.

Apart from the Tampa game, they have been sizable favorites in almost every home game this year, as well.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
For the love of God Torts, nobody buys your “resting Bob” bullshit. If that was actually the intention, Korpi would’ve started the NJ game.

Why are we starting our worst/least ready goalie in arguably the most important game of the season so far? The mind continues to boggle with Torts’ desperation.

Reactions: We Want Ten

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
For the love of God Torts, nobody buys your “resting Bob” bull****. If that was actually the intention, Korpi would’ve started the NJ game.

Why are we starting our worst/least ready goalie in arguably the most important game of the season so far? The mind continues to boggle with Torts’ desperation.

It's not that complicated. Rest your starter against the team he struggles against.

Reactions: Gagnefan924

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
It's not that complicated. Rest your starter against the team he struggles against.
Don’t get me wrong, I totally agree and get that. I just would’ve started Kinkaid. And of course I worry about the effect it has on Bob’s psyche after he stole us a game, especially since he’s soft regarding these matters.

I expect Korpi to fold like a cheap suit, and whether or not it may be correct/of sound mind, feel as if this decision is the equivalent of throwing in the towel on this game.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
The same people complaining that Bob isn't starting are the one who would be throwing him under the bus if he played tonight. Bob sucks against the Pens, we have enough history to know that. What is there not "to get"?

So true it’s painful

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
So again, no plan or course of action for tonight. Should go well.

Attachments

• 148310F9-9EF3-4CAE-9CE5-3FE8154E29B9.jpeg
    148310F9-9EF3-4CAE-9CE5-3FE8154E29B9.jpeg
    166.3 KB · Views: 33
Reactions: GoJackets1

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
I've got a bad feeling about this...

Exact type of game that we some how, some way end up winning.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Don’t get me wrong, I totally agree and get that. I just would’ve started Kinkaid. And of course I worry about the effect it has on Bob’s psyche after he stole us a game, especially since he’s soft regarding these matters.

I expect Korpi to fold like a cheap suit, and whether or not it may be correct/of sound mind, feel as if this decision is the equivalent of throwing in the towel on this game.
I'd have gone with Kincaid, too. I know he hasn't started for a while, but he's 6-1-1 in his last 8 vs Pens. Yes, that we with NJ, but he at least has it in his head "I can beat these guys!" And playing goalie is a lot about what's going on between in ears.

jacketman10

May 18, 2010
Hilliard, OH
I went on Valentine's Day which was a Thursday. Worst game I have ever seen in person. They got blanked.

Should definitely bet the over, right? Korpi in net. Lol

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
I grew up watching Bill Cardille, who played the tv reporter, on TV. He was a weatherman and also sort of Pittsburgh’s Fritz the Night Owl, hosting scary flicks as Chilly Billy Cardilly.

Apropos of nothing.

I guess the big question that will be answered tonight is if the Jackets will be the catatonic Barbara from the 1968 version or the meek / transformed to kickass Barbara from the 1990 re-make.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
So again, no plan or course of action for tonight. Should go well.

I'm going to disagree. You don't give guys a 12 point plan after they fail to do anything right from the last plan. They were trying win with their brains last game and it became paralysis by analysis. They need to win with their feet.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

Yes, I hope Kinkaid is in next game. 7-1 in his last 8 against the Pens? That's nuts. Though that might have been mostly from playing for a team that didn't try to "safe is death" the Pens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad