GDT: Stars @ Wild 7pm (BSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Listening to Lapanta and Marvin talk about how great Talbot is because when you're down a goal he doesn't let them extend it to two, but we all just watched the San Jose game Tuesday :skeptic:
I was thinking the same thing lol

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Thought him too but when I looked it up, he played a year in the USHL
I thought they played in the USHL after high school. I know Bjugstad played high school and the website I was looking at only listed USHL. I don’t recall the ones we listed if they played HS as I haven’t been following as closely

Minnewildsota

Jun 7, 2010
Yeah. Just Wiki’ed Guentzel and he played at Hill. I guess the question comes down to when he was drafted?

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
I thought they played in the USHL after high school. I know Bjugstad played high school and the website I was looking at only listed USHL. I don’t recall the ones we listed if they played HS as I haven’t been following as closely
Guentzel played through his Senior year, I don't know what criteria he is going off of but it counts in my book. Leddy, Lee, Nelson all older but also met or exceeded expectations IMO.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Guentzel was born October 1994. He would have graduated after the 2012-13 season, which he played with Sioux City. His last season in high school was 2011-12. He was drafted in the summer of 2013. So he wasn't drafted out of high school, he forewent his senior year to play in the USHL.

I thought we were looking at guys who played high school hockey the winter prior to being drafted.

Minnewildsota

Jun 7, 2010
I was actually surprised to see how young Pitlick is. I thought he’d be in his late 20s to 30s

Minnewildsota

Jun 7, 2010
Guentzel was born October 1994. He would have graduated after the 2012-13 season, which he played with Sioux City. His last season in high school was 2011-12. He was drafted in the summer of 2013. So he wasn't drafted out of high school, he forewent his senior year to play in the USHL.

I thought we were looking at guys who played high school hockey the winter prior to being drafted.
But that could have been because of agreed requirements, being drafted in 2013. If he thought the USHL would have been better competition, it makes sense to forego the senior year. You can make a case either way he it counts or not. Personally, I would count it

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Is hooking the only penalty this ref knows?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Technically you could make the case that every line has scored now tonight

Mookie Blaylock

The in between is mine
Apr 16, 2014
Porch
This broadcast is so weird, Commentary girl says something interesting about the play on the ice and Lapanta replies Suter flops the pass and Kaprizov passes it up the ice

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Brock Nelson?
Brock Nelson or Nick Leddy seem like the last, but Boeser/Geuntzel were closer to high school than I thought. (was thinking 2 years removed)

I guess its mainly the players I remember being talked about at the state tournament that were talked about as 1st round picks.

Aaron Ness, Patrick White, Casey Mittelstadt, Nick Bjugstad, Riley Tufte were some of the guys I was thinking of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad