GDT: Stars vs Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Effe

Sep 26, 2013
Gothenburg, Sweden
Yeah but you can still get screwed by the lottery and by other teams like Edmonton who are the draft cup champs.

Although they now lead 3-1. Probably find a way to lose anyway.

Yeah but a if we end 29th then we will atleast get a top 3 and one out of Ekblad, Reinhart or Bennett. But yeah 3-1 for oilers now.

coopdaloop123

Mar 11, 2013
FL
Yeah but a if we end 29th then we will atleast get a top 3 and one out of Ekblad, Reinhart or Bennett. But yeah 3-1 for oilers now.

A real win would be getting ahead of EDM there could be a scenario in which we get the 2nd pick and EDM gets the 3rd pick and we swap w/ them so we can get Ekblad, but also take one of their prospects or another pick for the trouble.

For once it would be nice for the Panthers to have the leverage!

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
Oilers win! :handclap:
A real win would be getting ahead of EDM there could be a scenario in which we get the 2nd pick and EDM gets the 3rd pick and we swap w/ them so we can get Ekblad, but also take one of their prospects or another pick for the trouble.

For once it would be nice for the Panthers to have the leverage!
I love your Star War puns on twitter. :laugh:

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
As an Oilers fan I want the Oilers to take a center so if Florida could not win any more games and then take Ekblad, I'd really appreciate it.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Well if Edmonton can squeeze one win in their last 3 games I'd say that's enough for the Panthers to finish 29th since they lose the tie breaker. I can't see us getting 4 points against Philly, Toronto and Columbus.

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
I can see Edmonton beating 1 of Vancouver/Colorado and maybe taking the other to OT if they're lucky. Los Angeles is probably a loss unless they sit some people, so if they could go to OT on one and win one out of the 3 they should be good for 28th.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
As an Oilers fan I want the Oilers to take a center so if Florida could not win any more games and then take Ekblad, I'd really appreciate it.

Buffalo-Reinhart
Florida-Ekblad
Edmonton-Bennett/Draisaitl

everyones happy :)

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
Buffalo-Reinhart
Florida-Ekblad
Edmonton-Bennett/Draisaitl

everyones happy :)

That's pretty much what I'm hoping plays out.

Not a popular opinion among your people is it?

Haha pretty much, most want Ekblad but I think Edmonton's center depth is even more poor and while I think Ekblad will be a good player I think defense takes longer to develop and a center could benefit them more. There's been a lot of talk about Draisaitl too in Edmonton so that's who I'm hoping for.

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida
Tanks, but no tanks!

20110320-libya-tan_1853142i.jpg

javelin4.jpg

exploding-tanks-640.jpg

RussosBurner

Jun 19, 2012
State of Hockey
From every Wild fan in Minnesota, thank you so much for beating Dallas in regulation. We owe you one. Drinks are on me for the first Panthers fan I meet on my Florida vacation this summer. :clap:

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
we need to sit lou!!!! put ellis in and we finish 29th. at least sit him against phillie. he'd get shelled!!!!!

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Could go like this:

Florida:
Vs PHI - L (A sure loss, but who knows, the Panthers always do the unexpected)
Vs TOR - W (could go either way, but we usually get the best of TOR)
Vs CBJ - L (CBJ is playing more than desperate hockey, a sure loss)

Edmonton:
At COL - L (expect them to lose, but Colorado has some injuries right now and that could come into effect)
At LA - L (LA will destroy the Oil and go into the post season on a high note)
At VAN - W (Vancouver might be eliminated at this point and have nothing to play for, so that could demoralize them or allow them to play nerve-free hockey)

Edmonton - 67
Florida - 66
Buffalo - Fifty-something

Success!

Last edited:

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Could go like this:

Florida:
Vs PHI - L (A sure loss, but who knows, the Panthers always do the unexpected)
Vs TOR - W (could go either way, but we usually get the best of TOR)
Vs CBJ - L (CBJ is playing more than desperate hockey, a sure loss)

Edmonton:
At COL - L (expect them to lose, but Colorado has some injuries right now and that could come into effect)
At LA - L (LA will destroy the Oil and go into the post season on a high note)
At VAN - W (Vancouver might be eliminated at this point and have nothing to play for, so that could demoralize them or allow them to play nerve-free hockey)

Edmonton - 67
Florida - 66
Buffalo - Fifty-something

Success!

The only thing is, the fact it could go down to the last game vs. Vancouver because we might beat Toronto scares me. Colorado is playing very well right now despite missing Duchene.

An added bonus for us though is that Philly and Columbus are fighting for the same spot, the 3rd divisional seed in the Metro. So that could come down to the last game of the season. I'm counting on those games both being losses. If we get a point out of those two though I think we're pretty much boned, depending on the Toronto game.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
The only thing is, the fact it could go down to the last game vs. Vancouver because we might beat Toronto scares me. Colorado is playing very well right now despite missing Duchene.

An added bonus for us though is that Philly and Columbus are fighting for the same spot, the 3rd divisional seed in the Metro. So that could come down to the last game of the season. I'm counting on those games both being losses. If we get a point out of those two though I think we're pretty much boned, depending on the Toronto game.

I would love to knock Toronto out of the playoffs that would be awesome.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Ekblad. Do we want to go with another dman in top 3?

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
we need to go with ellis until we're guaranteed the 2nd spot. we get a good look at him and in all probability lose all games he starts. with luongo in net we have a chance to win every night and we don't want that right now!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille