Pre-Game Talk: Stars vs Jets Jan 31 6:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
Man, another day off? Didn't we just have a maintenance day right after the all-star break?

Can't expect anything worse than last couple games. But they've already surprised us a few times this year :laugh:

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I'd go

Ladd, Little, Frolik <-- that line needs a shakeup big time
Perreault,Scheif,Wheeler <-- Scheif and Wheeler played well together earlier in the season

Leave the third line as is, it's been the best line the last couple games.

Sabs*

The true test for this team will be tomorrow. Win or lose they better be competitive and defensively responsible or were in for a Toronto like collapse!!!!

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
The true test for this team will be tomorrow. Win or lose they better be competitive and defensively responsible or were in for a Toronto like collapse!!!!

Toronto collapsed for a reason, nothing they were doing indicated it was ever going to be sustainable. The Jets are an entirely different story, they had a couple of bad games but their record up to this point is deserved and not based on luck. Step away from the ledge.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
On reflection, I don't think we need a line change.

I agree, it's not like the team has hasn't scored over the last 5-6 games and they've created plenty of chances. They're in a downturn, players hate the shuffle game for the most part so I don't think they need to quite yet. Ride it out, if they're still stale after Calgary, shake them up.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Coach-Maurice-scrum-chat-300x165.jpg

Coach Maurice scrum: Trying to figure out what has gone wrong last few games. What have they gotten away from as a team? Is it a blip with the top line after last two games? How long does it take to get top six back to being a cohesive group? What does he attribute Perreault’s success since mid November? On Perreault’s personality. Is Evander Kane playing a different style of game and is that his handiwork? Players using word ‘playoffs’ does he use that word? How is Kane? Is it about players getting to certain spots on the ice?

To listen click here.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Wheeler should be the best forward on the team. Right now he's the worst outside of the fourth line. I don't know how people are itching about Scheifele and barely mentioning Wheeler.

I'd swap Frolik and Wheeler for now. Anything more would be more desperate than the situation calls for. If Ladd continues to struggle for another week or two, bump him to the third, put Perreault on the first and Kane on the second.

Just Ducky

Jan 8, 2012
We've seen the LLW go into a funk before- they(Little) usually gets them out of it. I wouldn't mind seeing Perrault, Kane, or Fro get some #1 minutes if this continues.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Think Scheifs has been fine, he's a 2nd year player playing top minutes against the other teams best or darn near best players. That line and the third line have been the only line producing the last little while actually, perreault scored 2 yesterday, yes one was on the powerplay but that line had plenty of chances. LLW have been MIA for some time now, Wheeler especially. Ladd looks lost too. Maybe shaking up the lines a bit might help. Put Frolik with Ladd and Little and Wheeler with Scheif and Perreault. Really liked Wheeler when he was with Scheif earlier in the year, wouldn't hurt to try it out, gotta get the big man going and ladd and little need a spark too and maybe frolik can spark them. Also these last 2 games, and even before, they have definitely gotten away from the D first style of play. Some guys are doing it still but some aren't and it's a problem. Way too many odd man rushes last night vs Philly, D are pinching and the forwards aren't covering when they do. That wasn't like that a few weeks ago. They also need to stop taking so many penalties and when the other team takes one, capitalize on it, I mean really, couple power plays last night, one goal yes but the other powerplays had like what? 1 shot on net in total? Powerplay is brutal and that needs to change for this team to have a chance.

3-2, 2-1 games were what we were winning before, these last 2, yup empty netters but 10 goals against in 2 games and yesterday, if not for Hutch could have been double digits really.

I love this LLW MIA for some time now. I have read that a few times now. If you are counting the break yes. They where solid for the 5 game win streak. 2 bad games, and everyone stretches it and says they have been MIA for some time, when really it was just 2 games. They will be fine, if they are invisible another game or 2, and we are at 3-4 loses in a row, then yes. The panic after back to back loses I have seen is ridiculous. You can hit the panic button if we go another 2 without a win. Every borderline playoff team will have a crummy skid of 3 loses in a row. But we can not afford a typical Jets/ Thrashers late season 5+ game skid.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
They where solid for the 5 game win streak.

Not entirely true. They had a brutal game in Dallas, perhaps the worst game those three have ever played together. They were real good the next night in Chicago though.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
Jets really need a win tomorrow, its almost must win territory. A loss does damage to the mental state of the team, it would be a helluva lot of pressure to snap out of a sustained losing streak...

If they lose to Dallas then its two good teams back to back..the potential for things to get bad fast exists...break up LLW...send them a message...

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Kinda feel sorry for Galiardi. He's getting tossed around a lot...

Was exactly thinking this. He (IMO) is at least good enough for the 4th line, yet he is behind Peluso AND Halischuk, has been waived TWICE, sent to St John's... Doubt he has a great opinion of the Jets

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Pavelec was a save-machine last game against Dallas. This is the right start for him.

We were so much better with our top-5 defensemen injured - maybe we should trade a few of them away and get some solid offensive help? :naughty:

He does that about once a year. This year's is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad