GDT: Stars vs Jackets

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
That can happen when you're getting routinely reflexively double-teamed. They were playing as though he was the only threat on the ice and they were almost right.
Sorry Viqsi, but I couldn’t disagree more

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I've seen that before, but tonight? I didn't see that at all.

Johnny had time he was just struggling.
I wasn't seeing much time myself, but admittedly I was kind of blacking out every single time a Star seemingly blocked a pass or shot that they had no business blocking so I may have lost track of some things

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I think they need to be split and Johnson needs to stick with Laine. Gaudreau needs to be the puck carrier, attention grabbing player to dish it to others on his line and Johnson needs to be on his. Laine and Gaudreau don't work, so put chinny or Marchenko on his opposite side and staple Laine to Johnson.

Go get Horvat and put him next to Johnny(idc when or how just do it)

I'd like to give our top trio a lot more time.

Johnny's not feeling it and hasn't been going back to the last several games with Boone and Gus. It's not a problem with playing with KJ or Laine.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I'd like to give our top trio a lot more time.

Johnny's not feeling it and hasn't been going back to the last several games with Boone and Gus. It's not a problem with playing with KJ or Laine.
I just want to have to have opposing teams play the matchup game on Johnny or Gaudreau by having them on different lines. I feel like when they are on the same line, if their line doesn't get going, nobody does. They still get to play together, just on the PP.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Larsen is a genius. First on the PP he pulls Johnon and plays Nyquist. Yet in that same PP, Laine is mostly on the right side. At 6:5 Tarasov leaves when we're not in control of the puck. Marchenko didn't always play with Roslovic and Nyquist.
And this game showed how Johnson is an excellent center. Laine was good but Johnny terrible. I like couple Roslovic-Nyquist, the 4th line, don't understand why Christiansen is still playing here.
TARASOV... :clap:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
You could say the Stars... blocked you. :D
:squint:
:)
:squint:
twitch.gif

aargh4.gif

chainsaw.gif

• Haha
Reactions: ThirdPeriodTurtle

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Hate the fact we lost (sorry tank crew) but this was one of those 1-0 games that was fun to watch. KJ was Jackets best skater but also kudos to Gus who busted his butt
I was going to make a similar comment. I generally dislike very low scoring games, but this one was watchable.

VABUCK

Oct 31, 2014
Midlothian, VA
2022-2023 Jackets season is over. It's time to prep for 2023-2024. Laine, Johnny, and Kent need time to play together. Right now they're forcing it and trying to make the perfect pass. Give them time. Kent can be a 1C as shown tonight.
Tarasov has a lot of upside. Play him more. If Elvis or Korpi find their game and can stay healthy great. If not, Tarasov can play.
A nice draft position, new coach, and stay healthy next year. This one is over.

@VABUCK do you really think Taras will be #1 for Larsen?
I think Lars is in over his head!

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
I've seen that before, but tonight? I didn't see that at all.

Johnny had time he was just struggling.

Gaudreau has been slumping a bit lately, I blamed having to play with Jenner & Nyquist but he seemed a bit off tonight as well. Same can be said for Laine, I'm not seeing the beast that came out the gate for the season.

Great to see Johnson grab the opportunity, give them more time to develop chemistry.

Also I'm not sure why so many people seem to think Laine & Gaudreau don't click at all, they had a bad game but they've had good ones as well and I'm just not seeing the mismatch many are.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
They studio team questioning Johnson being a match for Johnny-Laine combo. The mismatch isn't KJ - it’s that Johnny and Laine don’t pair up effectively.
I didn't think it yet. Dallas has excellent pressing, hard play, Johnny has problem with similar play.

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
2022-2023 Jackets season is over. It's time to prep for 2023-2024. Laine, Johnny, and Kent need time to play together. Right now they're forcing it and trying to make the perfect pass. Give them time. Kent can be a 1C as shown tonight.
I agree that the trio shouldn't be split up right away despite the sloppy passing tonight. Regarding the bolded, they kind of have to look for a perfect pass on the rush because they know they likely won't get a second chance off a low percentage shot rebound or a dump-in.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
I’m not saying that Gaudreau and Laine don’t play well together, but I do think Nyquist compliments Gaudreau very well. Similarly I think Chinakhov does the same for Laine. The question is, who does KJ fit better with?

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Gaudreau and Laine need split. If for no other reason than to make teams have to choose which one their top pairing faces.

Johnson should probably center Laine. Gaudreau does better with a big bodied center so I want to see Sillinger get a chance but if not him then Jenner.

The way Larsen is running the lines, it's as if Gaudreau and Laine are demanding to play together.

Reactions: CBJx614 and Viqsi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad