News Article: Stars reportedly will sign Toronto Maple Leafs defenseman Roman Polak to a one year deal

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I never question his effort but I questioned everything else he did on the ice

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
One thing I dislike about the departure of players like Polak and Komarov is that the peanut gallery will just direct their tantrums elsewhere. That's what whiners do.

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017
Leafs will need to sign someone to fill his role. Dubas probably doesn’t understand that you actually do need some physical, shot blocking dmen, who are quality PKers.

If Dubas can’t find a replacement it will speak volumes.

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
Leafs will need to sign someone to fill his role. Dubas probably doesn’t understand that you actually do need some physical, shot blocking dmen, who are quality PKers.

If Dubas can’t find a replacement it will speak volumes.
The role of an immobile low iq undisciplined oft injured right handed lug?
Knowing that Dubas character, he’ll prolly try to land some fleet skating wimp in the mild of Kaberle!!

DavePoulin4PM

Nov 6, 2017
The role of an immobile low iq undisciplined oft injured right handed lug?
Knowing that Dubas character, he’ll prolly try to land some fleet skating wimp in the mild of Kaberle!!

You need some physicality on the backend. Guys like Babcock, who have been in the game for years understand this. Guys like Dubas who evaluate using charts do not.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Gross.

As a #7 he’s fine, give him limited usage every once in a while for some extra physicality . Just hope Babcock (who obviously likes the guy) doesn’t lean on him as much as he’s done in the past.

You may have misread the headline. I did too at a glance.

Beaninfritz

Aug 27, 2009
You need some physicality on the backend. Guys like Babcock, who have been in the game for years understand this. Guys like Dubas who evaluate using charts do not.

He seems to understand it. I mean, the Marlies won a championship, and Dubas was the GM of the team. So..... you're wrong.

DavePoulin4PM

Nov 6, 2017
He seems to understand it. I mean, the Marlies won a championship, and Dubas was the GM of the team. So..... you're wrong.

AHL success means nothing in regards to predicting NHL success. You were probably saying the same thing about Dallas Eakins. If winning an AHL championship as “GM” is impressive to you, then there is nothing left to say.

Beaninfritz

Aug 27, 2009
AHL success means nothing in regards to predicting NHL success. You were probably saying the same thing about Dallas Eakins. If winning an AHL championship as “GM” is impressive to you, then there is nothing left to say.

That's literally the dumbest thing I've read so far this summer. Are you telling me that Babcock being a successful coach at all the levels before being a head coach in the NHL had nothing to do with his current success? NO! Of course not! Every coach should just skip out on whatever jobs they could get in the college and junior leagues. You don't need experience to be successful. Psh! Perish the thought!

But if winning an AHL championship as GM is such a paltry task, surely you could do it?

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
He a muthafreakin bone crusher. A real solid, hard bouncer on that thang. Rest in Dallas like JR Roman Polak. You was the greatest Polak ever to play with our rear ends :clap: Icing on that cake treally. We miss you and needs you. We actually needs to be meaner and hardner and bigger on D right now as we speak. We too soft now fools. We ain't got it yet man. With tavares we will win it all, but we still needs some otha suckas on D. Some tru fools who did that.

Reactions: Erdinger

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Man the Dubas / Babcock relationship is going to be fun. Dubas is going to take away all the grinders Babs overplays

Azazel

Jan 2, 2016
He a muthafreakin bone crusher. A real solid, hard bouncer on that thang. Rest in Dallas like JR Roman Polak. You was the greatest Polak ever to play with our rear ends :clap: Icing on that cake treally. We miss you and needs you. We actually needs to be meaner and hardner and bigger on D right now as we speak. We too soft now fools. We ain't got it yet man. With tavares we will win it all, but we still needs some otha suckas on D. Some tru fools who did that.

Any FA D left that look good for that role? Didn't JR die in Dallas? I can't imagine we dont get at least one dman before pre season.

The Best Leafs Ever

Feb 28, 2017
Any FA D left that look good for that role? Didn't JR die in Dallas? I can't imagine we dont get at least one dman before pre season.

I wouldn’t want it if he is not top4 D. We have ridiculous amount of depth D and would rather try them out before spending 2-3 million on them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad