Post-Game Talk: Stars @ Rangers - January 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Shows how worthless that chart is. Plays well, last in possession, who really cares?

He's been very good since returning. I don't know what games you are watching. Maybe its just relying too much on those charts.

"My completely baseless observations show how worthless the chart is". :help:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Who knows whether Girardi is injured? He's playing well though, so why the complaining? Our defense has been significantly better recently. Its speculation that he's playing injured. If he is, its a bad decision by the coaching staff and medical staff to allow it. We shouldn't be playing injured players, but with the way that our defense is playing, there really isn't a spot in the lineup for McIlrath if everyone is healthy. I feel like people are now trying to find new things to complain with about Girardi to find a way for McIlrath to be in the lineup.

As much as we all like how McIlrath's played, his chance was to outplay Boyle. The rest of the players seem to be be given the benefit of the doubt as long as they aren't playing horrible, and none of them are playing horrible. Boyle's putting up points right now, despite how bad he's playing defensively. When its close, I think the coach will give the veteran the advantage, and right now it is pretty close between Boyle and McIlrath.

Last edited:

AKrangerfan

Apr 18, 2012
Anchorage
Feels so good to be on the winning side of 6-2 for once.

Keep Megna with Nash and Step next game. Let Kreider sit for another one. Sitting 2 games did Hayes a lot of good. He was a lot better this game.

Goodbye, good luck Etem, was nice knowing you.

When Kreider comes back, sit Glass and play Kreider on the fourth line until he earns a higher slot.

I don't expect Megna to play like this every game but he certainly earned another game.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I'm going based off of what I see, watching every game. How in the hell would charts tell me that he looks limited from his leg and seems to be a step slower than usual? Did I mention anything about his corsi? No. I said he looks like his knee is hampering his skating and that he's a step slower and most definitely isn't 100% and could benefit from more time to heal.

The idea is that his production/defense is suffering, which is exactly what this chart shows.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Who knows whether Girardi is injured? He's playing well though, so why the complaining? Our defense has been significantly better recently. Its speculation that he's playing injured. If he is, its a bad decision by the coaching staff and medical staff to allow it.

Literally, you are the only person who is saying this...

BarbaraAlphanse

Feels so good to be on the winning side of 6-2 for once.

Keep Megna with Nash and Step next game. Let Kreider sit for another one. Sitting 2 games did Hayes a lot of good. He was a lot better this game.

Goodbye, good luck Etem, was nice knowing you.

When Kreider comes back, sit Glass and play Kreider on the fourth line until he earns a higher slot.

I don't expect Megna to play like this every game but he certainly earned another game.

Did not think this, in the slightest.

gorangers0525

Dec 15, 2014
Literally one player sucked tonight, and it was Girardi. He might as well have turned his back to the play and let them have their way. Everybody else was good-excellent.

AKrangerfan

Apr 18, 2012
Anchorage
Hayes made a good play on Stalbergs goal. He did not get a point on it, but doesn't happen without him.
He did not look like he was out for a Sunday stroll like he has been the last month or so.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Why doesn't AV realize glass should be out and kid like megna who can skate be in?! Had a solid camp and definitely can add a spark to this team.

I really wanted Glass away from this team before the season started and he was horrible last season. But since he came back up he has been solid! And i dont like players like him at all. No offesive threat at all and i dont think there is a place for players like that in the nhl anymore but Glass has been much better since he got called up and played a very good twoway game for a 4th line guy. No problem at all with him beeing on the 4th line atm imo.

Hayes, Kreider and Stepan have been the biggest problems among our forwards this season. Girardi, staal and boyle on defense.

Hayes should be out of the lineup imo. Doesnt fit this team at all, way to slow and the biggest puckrag in the nhl..... I wanna trade Hayes for a young player with more speed or a pick/prospect. He has upside offensivly but his skating just isnt good enough for this team imo...

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
You dudes are making me go all Beatles on yer ass!

Why doesn't AV realize glass should be out and kid like megna who can skate be in?! Had a solid camp and definitely can add a spark to this team.

Yeah!

Sometimes inserting a fresh face with something to prove is a good thing. Megna played like he wanted to win. Great game.

Yeah!

JT Miller is quietly becoming the Rangers best zone entry player.
Plays with courage, not afraid out there. Cares about his play and his teammates.

Yeah!

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Jason Megna had 2 goals for 2 pts in 2 games during preseason. Now 2 pts in 1 NHL game, for a total of 4 pts in 3 games with this team.

Gorton's kid had 0 pts during 4 preseason games and then 0 goals and 3 assist during 19 NHL games.

Last night was he first time in a while I felt that we didn't ice a very flawed roster... I would probably be somewhat excited about Etem if we could play him in HFD. But the kid isn't there yet and needs a lot of time. Should he really get it with this team?

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
Is AV ever going to let McI play again? Like I don't even get why he was taken out.

Happy about the new guy, shame Etem and Kreider have played poorly, but the guy's earned another start.

I'll say one thing, this team is so damn frustrating. I hope we continue with this level of play.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Who knows whether Girardi is injured? He's playing well though, so why the complaining? Our defense has been significantly better recently.

I feel like people are now trying to find new things to complain with about Girardi to find a way for McIlrath to be in the lineup.

right now it is pretty close between Boyle and McIlrath.

:lol:

When people want to see a rookie play over the longest tenured defensemen on the team, I think you can rule out making things up.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Is AV ever going to let McI play again? Like I don't even get why he was taken out.

Happy about the new guy, shame Etem and Kreider have played poorly, but the guy's earned another start.

I'll say one thing, this team is so damn frustrating. I hope we continue with this level of play.

It's pretty evident that AV wants his main 6 playing because they know the system in and out.

Whether people like it or not, Wrath does not. At least not yet and inserting him into the lineup while the team is trying to mentally recover from an absolute trash december will not do good.

Obviously he's played good enough to be in the lineup and while i can see why people want him to play, I can also see why he's not.

I will say though, if girardi is really playing on one leg, just ****ing sit him for Wrath. I rather take a young guy who'll make mistakes but will be at 100% over someone who's injured and bound to make mistakes because of it.

AleksiLucian*

Jason Megna had 2 goals for 2 pts in 2 games during preseason. Now 2 pts in 1 NHL game, for a total of 4 pts in 3 games with this team.

Gorton's kid had 0 pts during 4 preseason games and then 0 goals and 3 assist during 19 NHL games.

Last night was he first time in a while I felt that we didn't ice a very flawed roster... I would probably be somewhat excited about Etem if we could play him in HFD. But the kid isn't there yet and needs a lot of time. Should he really get it with this team?

Gorton's kid? Really. They're trying to see what they have with him. He should be looked to be moved, though.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I thought Hayes played very well. He went to the net, and actually tried to play physical.

I agree he had a sloppy start, soft handles on the puck and had a bunch of turnovers in his first few shifts.

But then he started playing a thinking man's game instead of being casual.

Kept it safe, drove the net, moved it to the open man and moved his feet.

He didn't screw up yesterday and played with pace.

Hayes was much more cerebral last year, and last night's game was the closest to that.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site

No I'd move STEM away from this roster. Ideally I'd like to see him traded for a piece in the minors that can come up or a young player. Maybe a roster fit that's in the dog house.

But I'm okay with waiving him. I get that it's poor asset management, but I don't want him and his lazy dumb plays near a team that's trying to win.

Players for STEM: Shore out of CAL. Chiasson out of the OTT doghouse.
Howden out of FLA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad