Stars MVP

Who has been the stars MVP so far this season ?

• Total voters

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Voted Bishop, would have voted "goalies" if an option, and considered others on the reason that if Bishop did go down, Dobby is there, so Bishop might not be the guy we miss most. Again, using the "who would we miss most" theory, it doesn't seem like it could be a forward, because they seem like 12 interchangeable parts. So it could be any of the top 3 D, which I would probably rank (this year anyway) Esa, Miro, Klinger.

Like others, it seems to me to be a real team effort. Which led me to the thought that maybe it's Bones or the coaches who held it together and kept them going at even a slightly better win %. And especially Laxdal, the new coach who finally seems to have figured out the power play and get them moving the puck around rather than standing. Yeah, I know continuing the winning ways might not seem like a hard thing for a coach, but under the circumstances, its not the given we now take it as, either.

By the way, kudos to the OP for making an interesting thread, MVP in its own right!

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
Dobby. Clearly an exemplary backup and then some.

Agreed. You can always count on a world class effort out of him. I feel like everyone has their roles on the team and he plays his better than anyone. His role might not be the most prominent so I can see how he could get overlooked here.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
how on earth can the backup goalie (or any backup for that matter) be the MVP?

most underappreciated? most underrated? more important than your #3 defenseman or forward? maybe. but MVP? no, if he's the most valuable player on the team, he isn't a backup. i mean, i love dobby, but c'mon.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
LOL Seguin with zero votes so far
Yeah it's ridiculous that he has 0 and Gurianov has 4.
I'd love to hear how anybody can justify 3more goals but like half as many points as "MVP" over Seguin.

Last edited:

insomniaddict

Jan 9, 2020
Finland
I don't care what anyone says, I voted Dobby. He may not be our starter but if you look at his stats he SHOULD be our starter. I'm not saying Bishop has been bad but Khudobin has single-handedly stolen us so many games this year. Guy's a hero. Outside of goalies, Heiskanen would have been my second choice for sure.

Last edited:

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Compare their ice time
Compare there usage. A 12-13 minute a night forward has no business in the conversation. If anyone actually thinks Gurianov is legitimately even in the conversation for MVP needs to give their head a shake, let alone him getting votes over a player that actually does

Starsfansfromqc

Sep 8, 2018
I pick Heiskanen but not far away in order was Lindell and Seguin.

Seguin maybe don't have a big offensive season but he's been our leader offensively and play good defense too so he needs to be consider.

Reactions: Dynamite Time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad