Stars MVP

Who has been the stars MVP so far this season ?

• Total voters

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
i was reading a bit on the leafs' board.. a lot of them are saying the season is toast now that Muzzin is for 4 weeks. made me think about this very question for the stars.. if you lost any one player, this team isn't doomed. worst case would be miro, but even then, we could survive 4 weeks of missing anyone.

Reactions: Bfantz

serp

Jan 17, 2016
This is a difficult question to answer. With how bad the team looked without Miro those 2 games i'd say him ? Maybe also Esa but i don't think he's ever missed a game so no idea how that would look and no interest in finding out.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
I'd vote Khudobin for best player, but I couldn't vote MVP due to the lack of starts (and presence of Bishop if that's how you want to define MVP).

Voted Miro but this really is more of a success by the collective group situation rather than any one individual effort

Reactions: Dynamite Time

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Polak easily, when he’s scratched and not playing of course.

I say Heiskanen as well. Plays in all situations, leads team in TOI, +/- and d-man in points. Has also already played for 3 coaches and at only 20 he’s going to grow. Thankfully with Johns and Sekera on our D now he’s not being played to death as well.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
I'd vote Khudobin for best player, but I couldn't vote MVP due to the lack of starts (and presence of Bishop if that's how you want to define MVP).

Voted Miro but this really is more of a success by the collective group situation rather than any one individual effort
I agree; more of an overall team situation than one player. Seguin, Lindell and Bishop all have a case for MVP when choosing one player.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Anton.

Plays like a beast when he's in but I think most importantly he shelters Bishop from a large workload which I think is huge for the whole team.
Dobby has been brilliant , it is hard to say he’s the mvp though when he’s the number 2 goalie .

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Honestly if I have to vote I'm gonna say Esa I guess but idk if he's really more important than Heiskanen or the goalies, but we have a lot of players with key roles on this team that would hurt us if we lost them. There's no single MVP but if I wasn't picking a goalie I'd go Lindell or Heiskanen. Also honorable mentions to Gurianov and Hintz. Without them we wouldn't be where we are either

We know for a fact this team would suck without any of the following: Bishop, Khudobin, Lindell, Heiskanen, Seguin (maybe we could live for a bit but he's still very important)

Last edited:
Reactions: brighteststars

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Heiskanen quickly become massively overrated.

Yeah I'd say so too slightly. He's incredibly important to this team, but right now there's no clear MVP to this group in my opinion. Lot of guys that are important to the teams success in different ways. Goalies are an easy choice though I suppose considering how they've been very consistent for most of the year

With Johns back and Sekera playing better I think it allows us to balance our defense a lot more so we don't rely on Heiskanen or one particular dman as much.

Reactions: brighteststars

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Honestly if I have to vote I'm gonna say Esa I guess but idk if he's really more important than Heiskanen or the goalies, but we have a lot of players with key roles on this team that would hurt us if we lost them. There's no single MVP but if I wasn't picking a goalie I'd go Lindell or Heiskanen. Also honorable mentions to Gurianov and Hintz. Without them we wouldn't be where we are either

We know for a fact this team would suck without any of the following: Bishop, Khudobin, Lindell, Heiskanen, Seguin (maybe we could live for a bit but he's still very important)
Ya I agree , who knows where we would be without Guri or hintz scoring like they have .

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
I pick Heiskanen over Lindell simply because Miro is on PP2 and PP goals have been important for a while. They're both important at 5v5 and PK, but PP gives Miro the edge.

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
I would say goaltending is our MVP, which makes it hard to choose just one of them as MVP. If either one goes down, we wouldn’t be in much trouble because we have the other one.

I picked Miro because of his impact on so many parts of the game and the fact that he would be the hardest player to replace.

This team is so balanced that whoever the MVP is, the 2nd, 3rd and 4th most valuable players are not far behind him.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I still think their MVP is the defense . Just look at last night Khudobin produced a ton of questionable rebounds but pretty much every single time a skater was there to clean it up so nobody from the other team had a chance to score on the rebound. The goalies are good but outside of the few really bad game the defense is allways there to make sure that they aren't left completely hanging.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Lindell or Heiskanen is my answer. Both goalies have been awesome, but the defence has really limited high danger chances most nights and been very consistent.

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
Never thought in a million years that I would ever read on these boards that Miro Heiskanen is (even slightly) overrated. I think he is easily the MVP.

If you removed one player from this team that would subsequently have the greatest negative effect, surely it’s him, isn’t it? Klingberg or Lindell go down, Miro plays 35-40 mins in all situations without breaking a sweat. Bishop or Dobby go down, the Stars have utmost confidence in the other. Any forwards go down, the Stars still win (or lose) 2-1 or 3-2. Lose Miro. . . yikes!

Last edited:

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
Never thought in a million years that I would ever read on these boards that Miro Heiskanen is (even slightly) overrated. I think he is easily the MVP.

If you removed one player from this team that would subsequently have the greatest negative effect, surely it’s him, isn’t it? Klingberg or Lindell go down, Miro plays 35-40 mins in all situations without breaking a sweat. Bishop or Dobby go down, the Stars have utmost confidence in the other. Any forwards go down, the Stars still win (or lose) 2-1 or 3-2. Lose Miro. . . yikes!
That’s why I voted for him. It hurts more to lose him for a game than any other single player on the team.

Reactions: JesusNPucks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad