GDT: Stars @ Flames, 7:00 PM SNET-FLAMES

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Uh, more rope and less pressure is the exact same thing. 'More rope' doesn't necessarily mean more ice time, it means more freedom to play without the fear of negative consequences for a lack of production or rookie mistakes.

This has to be the first time I have heard it used this way TIL. If the pressure of being expected to produce effects him this much then we should look to move him.

Anyway I still think sending Sven down if his play hasn't picked up by the time GlenX is back he should be sent down.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Wish I had Seguin and Benn in my hockey pool.

5goals 6assists between the two.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
tumbleweed-o.gif

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
This has to be the first time I have heard it used this way TIL. If the pressure of being expected to produce effects him this much then we should look to move him.

Anyway I still think sending Sven down if his play hasn't picked up by the time GlenX is back he should be sent down.

It's common in hockey parlance. But anyway, yeah, let's move every 21 year old who doesn't produce like a superstar immediately. Brilliant.

If you hadn't noticed, Baertschi's been scratched twice for not being effective enough in all three zones, while Hartley has out right said Backlund was scratched because he wasn't producing enough offense. So clearly, there's pressure on the young guys to produce right now or face the consequences.

Well, some young guys anyway. Colborne's 4 points in 18 games apparently warrants nary a peep. But it's enough to cement a top six spot moving forward.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Anyway, given Seguin's performance, I'm a little surprised no one mentioned the fact the Flames could have had him or regretted they didn't pull the trigger. I think the asking price at the draft was 6th OV+Gaudreau plus something else.

I wouldn't do it still, but Seguin looks like he could be a top ten centre in the league pretty soon.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Anyway, given Seguin's performance, I'm a little surprised no one mentioned the fact the Flames could have had him or regretted they didn't pull the trigger. I think the asking price at the draft was 6th OV+Gaudreau plus something else.

I wouldn't do it still, but Seguin looks like he could be a top ten centre in the league pretty soon.
Except there is no actual proof that the Flames could have landed him. SO no one knows if the Flames could have actually had him, also the Bruins are in win now mode, so the Flames having the chance to picl him up for only futures makes little sense. Loui Eriksson was a huge part of that deal and likely a player that was targeted by the Bruins, they also had a trading relationship from the Jagr deal.

Fred Murtz

Jan 20, 2009
Matt Stajan slapshot goal 5-1

Shane O'Brien vs Antoine Roussel fight

Brenden Dillon vs Lee Stempniak fight

David Jones deflected PPG 6-2

Matt Stajan 2nd effort wrist shot 6-3

Last edited:

Guido Sarducci

Aug 7, 2012
canyon meadows

I have been of the opinion that Baertschi has paid his AHL dues. But, .................what if he is able to hang on to his NHL job until February? Then he goes to the Olympics being the most talented player on a team that can't compete. I would imagine that he is getting sick of that right now.

I've changed my mind. Send him down. Let him play for a team that is capable of winning. Let him be a key contributor in those wins. The Oilers have put on a clinic for teaching winners how to lose. I hopr the Flames do not do it to Sven Baertschi,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad