Post-Game Talk: Stars def. Canucks - 4-3 (OT) - Garland, Boeser, Joshua

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
For Dallas I thought Thomas Harley looked really good for them, good player for an 18OA pick.

I can't complain given how well the team is playing but it bugs me that we didn't accrue multiple 1st with Benning other than 2014 draft.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Canucks have played the most games in the LEAGUE do far. Have also had one of the most taxing travel schedules in the LEAGUE do far. Canucks have played 5 or 6 more games than some teams WHILE having one of the worst travel schedules and most miles traveled I repeat IN THE LEAGUE.

Yet we are #1 in Points in the league and top 5 in points %...after getting 6 of 8 points on a 6 games in 8 days road trip.

Anybody seriously complaining about anyone on this team can stfu. They haven't had regular run of games with proper practice time all season.

At the end of last season Tocchet said the team needed to come into camp in shape and focussed because he knew what a shit show it was going to be early.

ADD TO THAT the roster turnover...5 new D? 3 new Forwards? A new backup G?

Everybody bitchin has lost the freekin minds...30 + games in on a team that was expected to miss the playoffs...

Congrats to the believers. This team has some balls out players on it now.
Good f***ing job so far boys!
You make it sound like coach knew the schedule at the end of last season

Reactions: B-rock

dez

Mar 3, 2012
This team would be better off with Suter at center, Aman/Laff/PDG isn't doing it for me, they seem to get caved in every time there out there. Laffs play has slipped since playing with Petey for a few games, he's definitely a candidate to sit a game.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Hard to rag on Demko who actually had a pretty decent game... until we were up late in the third. Terrible memories of Luongo kept intruding into my thoughts. Demko has yet to prove to me that he is a "money goaltender" just yet, he needs to be a wall for those last few minutes but, like Lou before him, has started to show a tendency to not be able to finish the deal. I won so many beers in the pub betting that Lou would give up late goals during his tenure here that on a few occasions I got hammered when two or three guys would take me up on it at once. He was reliably unreliable way too many nights for us...

AzNightmare

Unregistered User
May 11, 2011
But Luongo just got inducted into the Ring of Honour. So not sure if that's a good or bad thing Demko is following in his footsteps.............

ChuckFanForever

Jun 5, 2011
For Dallas I thought Thomas Harley looked really good for them, good player for an 18OA pick.

I can't complain given how well the team is playing but it bugs me that we didn't accrue multiple 1st with Benning other than 2014 draft.
Yes, an in-game graphic on the televised feed showed he has the highest GF stat for all D-men (including Hughes). He's got 9 goals, just one less than Dallas' top goal scorer from previous 2 years (Robertson)!

Hard to rag on Demko who actually had a pretty decent game... until we were up late in the third. Terrible memories of Luongo kept intruding into my thoughts. Demko has yet to prove to me that he is a "money goaltender" just yet, he needs to be a wall for those last few minutes but, like Lou before him, has started to show a tendency to not be able to finish the deal. I won so many beers in the pub betting that Lou would give up late goals during his tenure here that on a few occasions I got hammered when two or three guys would take me up on it at once. He was reliably unreliable way too many nights for us...
Did the last 3 Dallas goals all go in 5-hole?

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver

To be bothered by the fact that they never had multiple first in the past decade while the team is sitting #1 in the league is some truly bizzard

Yes, an in-game graphic on the televised feed showed he has the highest GF stat for all D-men (including Hughes). He's got 9 goals, just one less than Dallas' top goal scorer from previous 2 years (Robertson)!

Did the last 3 Dallas goals all go in 5-hole?
Yup, Demko’s 5 holes tend to be wide open when he hasn’t faced any shots for a couple minutes

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Canucks have played the most games in the LEAGUE do far. Have also had one of the most taxing travel schedules in the LEAGUE do far. Canucks have played 5 or 6 more games than some teams WHILE having one of the worst travel schedules and most miles traveled I repeat IN THE LEAGUE.

Yet we are #1 in Points in the league and top 5 in points %...after getting 6 of 8 points on a 6 games in 8 days road trip.

Anybody seriously complaining about anyone on this team can stfu. They haven't had regular run of games with proper practice time all season.

At the end of last season Tocchet said the team needed to come into camp in shape and focussed because he knew what a shit show it was going to be early.

ADD TO THAT the roster turnover...5 new D? 3 new Forwards? A new backup G?

Everybody bitchin has lost the freekin minds...30 + games in on a team that was expected to miss the playoffs...

Congrats to the believers. This team has some balls out players on it now.
Good f***ing job so far boys!
You had me until you are congratulating believers.

Reactions: B-rock

Regress2TheMeme

Mar 14, 2018
What is driving me crazy about the PP is how they try and do everything at 50% pace. I think it's killing them on the zone entries. They're being way too methodical. If any pass isn't handled cleanly they're not going to recover it when they're stuck in 2nd gear. Shouldn't Hughes or Pettersson be able to attack with some speed and gain the zone?

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
As frustrating as last night was, I'm so f***ing proud of how this team has battled this season.

Our schedule has been absolutely ridiculous and we've managed things brilliantly.

Our sputtering PP is concerning, but I think we'll get it adjusted over the next few weeks as we get some days off and practice reps in.

I'm happy our PK has slowly been improving, we'll get no where in the playoffs if it continued the way it was earlier in the season.

Our roster feels much more balanced and complete from top to bottom than it has in a decade+, we have two very good to sensational goalies.

Role players are buying in AND breaking out as well.

This is a very good team and I stand by what I said earlier in the season: I think we're a notch below the top tier contenders right now but with a bit of savvy additions to the roster we could very quickly jump to the top tier.

Our management group will now have to show that not only can they assemble a great organization, but can KEEP it.

This could all go sideways if we don't find a way to start locking a few players up to efficient contracts or over commit to the wrong players.

I went into this year with a cautious hope, looking to see us take a few baby steps forward.

Then my expectations jumped and I thought playoffs are a must, and doing damage in the first round would be great, and anything more is gravy.

Today, my expectations have gone up even more, I won't be satisfied with anything less than a first round win and making noise in round 2.

This is a hell of a ride!

Reactions: Canuckle1970

crowfish

Jun 3, 2011
Pettersson needs to be way more selfish. He is a great playmaker, but if he wasn't always trying to pass, he would be way more dangerous. Look at McDavid last year when he finally started shooting on 2-on-1s. look at Kucherov this year. Shoot the damn puck!

Reactions: Regress2TheMeme

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012

Uhhh Vegas series says hello lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad