Pre-Game Talk: Stars at Jets pre game thread 4pm Sunday start time

Status
Not open for further replies.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Reunited line #1 will score lots - multi-point night for the all - and they'll do it 5v5
And I hope Rosie brings a spark to the second.

I know pretty much everyone wants to see more blend in the blender - But - it is what it is so I'll work with what we got . . . .

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Forwardines on practice:

Conner Scheifele Wheeler
Laine Little Roslovic
Perrault Lowry Tanev
Lemieux Copp Appelton

I'm happy to see Roslovic get a shot in the top 6 but I don't see how much changes leaving Laine with Little.

I think Roslovic as a digger will help Little's line possession wise. But I don't expect the change to be permanent. Perreault with Little, and Roslovic with Lowry makes more sense to me. Also wouldn't be surprised to see Perreault-Little-Roslovic. Laine at LW might get some looks with Scheif-Wheeler. Our top line is going to have to be better than Dallas's top line and that will be a battle. Heiskanen is already a player to watch. Should be a spirited game.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
My hopes for a “eff-ing horse-shh clap clap clapclapclap” chant may be quashed by the 4pm Sunday timeslot. :sarcasm:

Don’t really see this chant gaining crowd momentum tomorrow but I could be wrong.

I expect kiddie day at the rink tomorrow. Late afternoon game the day before school starts.

I’m not thinking I’ll be participating in the chant with my 6 and 10 year old but really take no offence to others getting it going and participating. Have fun!

Glad to see Rosie up in the lineup. Too bad for Ehlers.

We need to get some offence rolling. Dallas is playing well since CEO comments now only 4 points back of the Jets. I think they were 11 back when the comments were made.

Time for the Jets depth to show.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I think Roslovic as a digger will help Little's line possession wise. But I don't expect the change to be permanent. Perreault with Little, and Roslovic with Lowry makes more sense to me. Also wouldn't be surprised to see Perreault-Little-Roslovic. Laine at LW might get some looks with Scheif-Wheeler. Our top line is going to have to be better than Dallas's top line and that will be a battle. Heiskanen is already a player to watch. Should be a spirited game.

I don’t see any non PP scenario where Laine will play with Scheif unless more injuries come down the pipe.

Unfortunately I think we haven’t hit rock bottom yet. I don’t see our scoring picking up right away so I expect to get killed by their top line. Bro-swat or Helle will need to stand on their head I think.

Was there any mention of Kulikov? He looked really hurt at the end of the last game.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I don’t see any non PP scenario where Laine will play with Scheif unless more injuries come down the pipe.

Unfortunately I think we haven’t hit rock bottom yet. I don’t see our scoring picking up right away so I expect to get killed by their top line. Bro-swat or Helle will need to stand on their head I think.

Was there any mention of Kulikov? He looked really hurt at the end of the last game.
Our top line may not be scoring the last couple games but they rarely get killed by the other teams top line. Over the course of the season they have won a lot more top line battles than they have lost.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Our top line may not be scoring the last couple games but they rarely get killed by the other teams top line. Over the course of the season they have won a lot more top line battles than they have lost.

I didn’t treally mean top line vs top line. More so that the top Stars are heating up. It could be PP or what ever. Just feel like Benn and Seguin will do the damage and our low scoring ways will bite us in the arse.

Scheif, Wheeler, Connor, Little and Laine couldn’t be colder.

I hope I am completely wrong.

Nov 24, 2006
Looking forward to "Roslovic Time". I'm still very high on him and think that with more icetime and skilled linemates he's going to show that he's a top end young talent.

Still would have preferred this lineup, though...

Petan-Scheifele-Wheeler
Laine-Copp-Roslovic
Connor-Little-Appleton
Perreault-Lowry-Tanev
Curious to know your rationale for the lines like that.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Looking forward to "Roslovic Time". I'm still very high on him and think that with more icetime and skilled line mates he's going to show that he's a top end young talent.

Petan-Scheifele-Wheeler
Laine-Copp-Roslovic
Connor-Little-Appleton
Perreault-Lowry-Tanev

Curious to know your rationale for the lines like that.

Well it makes our 4th line look awesome ;)

When we have an injury to a player like Ehlers I think that is when you can try to insert Petan (instead of Appleton or Lemieux). I probably wouldn't put him on the top line.
I also think if we're getting that creative with our middle 2 lines that you try Connor and Roslovic together.

But none of that is happening.
I guess Rolsovic will get inserted into the PP2 line somewhere.
That is an area where a Petan could help make a difference.
Either way those are all minor variances.
Our team is good enough to win every game even with the injuries but the league has enough Parity that we could also lose any game.

Normally I've felt pretty comfortable about the Jets coming back after giving up the first goal but at this point I'm really hoping we can score first for a change.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Looking forward to "Roslovic Time". I'm still very high on him and think that with more icetime and skilled linemates he's going to show that he's a top end young talent.

Petan-Scheifele-Wheeler
Laine-Copp-Roslovic
Connor-Little-Appleton
Perreault-Lowry-Tanev
I agree with you regarding roslovic. I think he is a yet untapped talent ala KC. I hope he makes the most of his time in the top 6.

Reactions: Mud Turtle

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Forwardines on practice:

Conner Scheifele Wheeler
Laine Little Roslovic
Perrault Lowry Tanev
Lemieux Copp Appelton

I'm happy to see Roslovic get a shot in the top 6 but I don't see how much changes leaving Laine with Little.
Unless the move back to LW give laine a boost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad