Half-Assed GDT: Stars at Blues - Stolen GDT edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West

We don't. We add back in upgrades as they come off of COVID Protocol and roll until the wheels fall off. I don't know the folks handling our AHL team but whatever they're doing, they're doing epically right.

This team doesn't follow logic, it seems to follow feel and when these boys feel good, we beat anyone and we don't give up when we get hammered. The resilience we got is legendary.

Another satisfying Blues victory and Vladi was gold. Keep this truck rolling boys!

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Man Torpchenko can fly. And not just for a big guy. He’s fast as hell for anybody.
I didn't get to watch this game. but in his first game, he looked to have a decently powerful first couple strides.

I loved that play when Dak was out of position and Toro directed him to where he needed to be. THAT was a smart play by a rookie in his 1st NHL game.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Logan Brown shovels the puck into the net after jumping on the wide shot from the point!!!! Blues lead 1-0!!!! :vhappy::vhappy::vhappy::vhappy::vhappy:
Watching the game now and following along in the thread.

Logan positioned himself well to box out Hanley and have a clear shot.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
With 10 seconds left in the period, Tarasenko spins around and wrists it into the net after jumping on the loose puck!!!! Blues lead 2-0!!!! :vhappy::vhappy::vhappy::vhappy::vhappy:
That is a classic Vladi late-period, clutch goal on a spin-around.

He's done that at least a handful of times in his career.

Toropchenko with a dangerous late cross check to the neck of Lindell after Lindell made a good hit on Dak. Bad play by 65.

Nice finish. I dislike the Dallas Stars.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vladys Gumption

Cotton McKnight

He left, get over it!
Feb 6, 2009
Siloam Springs
Oh boy, ESPN announcers had me mute the game 5 minutes in with all the Stars love. Very happy after the 2nd period they showed less and less of the center ice bouncy camera!

Chucky played great, and yet I want to see how he does when trailing and dealing with a multi-game loss streak (hopefully nothing to big). Until that happens ride the hot tender, give the net to who is currently earning it. I remember his hot start with Montreal, hopefully he has learned a lot since then. I'm down for a goalie controversy!

Vova's 2nd goal gives me hope that there is fire in his shot still.

It's fun to watch our development players stepping up and playing the team game so well, super excited at all of our depth and ability to continue competing.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
The ascending Niko Mikkola led the way with six blocks — the most of a Blues player in any game this season.
hope he keeps playing like he has.. been a honk for him for awhile. good to see him get opportunity, and taking advantage of it

IF this continues, a desperation trade for a LHD doesn't need to be made

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
After a sleepy first period, the game finally picked up and got exciting. Glad we got the two points and our horses carried us again. Our callups look like they're losing the adrenaline you usually see from guys like that in the first 2-3 games, so hopefully some of our regulars will be able to step back into the lineup soon. I think Dak has done enough to stick around for a bit, and I actually like what Toropchenko has brought to the table these last two games. I think a 4th line of them with Bozak if we want some skill or them with Kostin if we want to lean into straight heavy could be quite effective. Brown I think has also showed that he is a player in this league. I'm interested to see how he does away from ROR, but he's been good there so far.

ESPN+ still needs to work out some kinks - I like Buchi as a person and he clearly has a love and passion for hockey, talking about details from around the league and even previous Blues games that the more well-heralded announcers don't touch on. That said, he's not the best PBP guy, and the color analysts they have been putting him with suck balls. I do enjoy that they finally use some different camera angles, I hate it when the puck goes into the near corner and you can't see what's going on at all. That needs to get fixed quickly. I also think that the behind the net camera should become the staple when a team is on the PP - it's so much more interesting to see where the lanes are and how quickly they close.

Finally - let's tap the brakes on the whole Lindgren is the new #1 there Dizee - Lindgren has been exceptional, but he's also played some of the weaker teams in the league offensively. You can only play the teams on your schedule, but winning against (Offensive ranks in parenthesis) Detroit (21), Montreal (31), and Dallas x2 (27) is a heck of a lot different then Tampa/Florida/Vegas/Colorado etc. Winnipeg is 16th and Ottawa is surprisingly 19th (I expected them to be lower) so even if we ease Binner back, Lindgren won't see an above average offense until just before Christmas, with Toronto. Then we get Jersey, who is currently 20th. There's no denying he's played well, but I'm not ready to anoint him the #1 until he has to play 2-3 above average offensive teams.

Reactions: Punished ROR

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
After a sleepy first period, the game finally picked up and got exciting. Glad we got the two points and our horses carried us again. Our callups look like they're losing the adrenaline you usually see from guys like that in the first 2-3 games, so hopefully some of our regulars will be able to step back into the lineup soon. I think Dak has done enough to stick around for a bit, and I actually like what Toropchenko has brought to the table these last two games. I think a 4th line of them with Bozak if we want some skill or them with Kostin if we want to lean into straight heavy could be quite effective. Brown I think has also showed that he is a player in this league. I'm interested to see how he does away from ROR, but he's been good there so far.

Finally - let's tap the brakes on the whole Lindgren is the new #1 there Dizee - Lindgren has been exceptional, but he's also played some of the weaker teams in the league offensively. You can only play the teams on your schedule, but winning against (Offensive ranks in parenthesis) Detroit (21), Montreal (31), and Dallas x2 (27) is a heck of a lot different then Tampa/Florida/Vegas/Colorado etc. Winnipeg is 16th and Ottawa is surprisingly 19th (I expected them to be lower) so even if we ease Binner back, Lindgren won't see an above average offense until just before Christmas, with Toronto. Then we get Jersey, who is currently 20th. There's no denying he's played well, but I'm not ready to anoint him the #1 until he has to play 2-3 above average offensive teams.

Agreed. Chuck has been great but the goalies will be Binnington and Husso when everyone is healthy.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
The ascending Niko Mikkola led the way with six blocks — the most of a Blues player in any game this season.
Considering we are last in the league in blocks according to ESPN, it’s not surprising that he lead the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad