TSN: Stars are frontrunners for Chris Tanev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Why do people think a 34 year old defensive defenseman on an expiring contract is worth so much?

I like Tanev a good deal, but if you want a 1st rounder or one of my best prospects, you can keep him.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
The way Dellys tires have been pumped lately I am going to go with 2nd + Dellandrea being the basis of the offer. 2nd + Dellandrea + 2025 3rd or something.
Seems pretty fair. Dellandrea fits Conroy's MO of "get young NHL body" and an additional 3rd answers the supposed "bidding war" that allegedly is going on for Tanev. Rumour is 2nd + guy is most of the offers.

That said 1st + Bourque, do not @ me.

Reactions: Zapp

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
If it doesn't include a a 1st It's not a great package which bodes well for trade prices.

Tanev is the #2 D man on the market with Hanifin obviously being the guy.

If Tanev doesn't get a 1st what chance does any rental outside of Hanifin have?

Bond

May 10, 2012
Why do people think a 34 year old defensive defenseman on an expiring contract is worth so much?

I like Tanev a good deal, but if you want a 1st rounder or one of my best prospects, you can keep him.
He can elevate basically any other dman into a second pairing guy or higher depending on how good they already are

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
He can elevate basically any other dman into a second pairing guy or higher depending on how good they already are
Yeah, I guess Chiarot got moved for a 1st rounder, so there is a precedent for this. I just don't know I would give in to that demand. Guess it would depend on my team and what I felt they needed.

Reactions: bucks_oil

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
that's fine with me. would prefer a younger target for the Leafs.
Well as long as you’re ok with it.

Lost in the Ben Chiarot comp is Josh Manson going for a 2nd and a recent 2nd (Helleson) that same year. While David Savard went for a 1st in 2021, Brenden Dillon went for a 2nd and 3rd the year before.

Prices can vary. The league just may not value him highly, even if he’s the best in his class at his position.
A players value is based off of what a GM is willing to pay.

Bond

May 10, 2012
Yeah, I guess Chiarot got moved for a 1st rounder, so there is a precedent for this. I just don't know I would give in to that demand. Guess it would depend on my team and what I felt they needed.
Yeah. He’d be perfect for a team that has a really offensive dman that needs covered. He really covers for mistakes

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011

Teams can't help themselves. When you're a playoff contender, you believe any hole filled pushes you one step closer to winning the cup. So you make those moves. Also, fans stick around. GM's don't. Some GM's try to save their job or don't care what happens when they're gone.

Reactions: NjdevilfanJim

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Stars fans: Why did Bichsel head back to Sweden? Seemed he was doing pretty good in AHL?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I'm guessing blumel and a 3rd. I want Tanev badly for the oil but I don't think the ask is that big.

Reactions: Zapp

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005

I agree with you in principle.

Having said that, every year there are 2-3 teams where the timing of their window, needs and level of desperation merit the irrational behavior of actually paying up that 1st.

The unfortunate part is that my Oilers are one of those teams and even more unfortunate (as a fan) is that my GM is a rational man.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Stars fans: Why did Bichsel head back to Sweden? Seemed he was doing pretty good in AHL?
Best guess is that he was homesick. Didn't make much sense.

He dominated training camp/preseason and easily was going to be the first call-up. It definitely annoyed the Stars front office. He's gonna be a good one, though.

Reactions: FLAMESFAN

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I’m fine with sending a 1st rounder. But, we are not trading Bourque or Bichsel for Tanev lol. Maybe one of them and a 1st for a signed Hanifin.
I prefer Bourque to a 1st honestly unless the 1st is top 15. That won't be available. Would you guys do Bourque for Tanev and a 2nd? You have drafted better in the 2nd round than the 1st somehow anyway...haha

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
I prefer Bourque to a 1st honestly unless the 1st is top 15. That won't be available. Would you guys do Bourque for Tanev and a 2nd? You have drafted better in the 2nd round than the 1st somehow anyway...haha
Nope. I would rather keep Bourque and look elsewhere for a RHD. I think most stars fans are very high on Bourque. I would not move him for a rental.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Nope. I would rather keep Bourque and look elsewhere for a RHD. I think most stars fans are very high on Bourque. I would not move him for a rental.
Where are top 4 RHD exactly? There aren't any other ones. I'm not saying the Stars should do the deal. I'm just saying thinking you're just going to find one elsewhere is not realistic. 25 teams are looking for top 4 RHD.

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
Where are top 4 RHD exactly? There aren't any other ones. I'm not saying the Stars should do the deal. I'm just saying thinking you're just going to find one elsewhere is not realistic. 25 teams are looking for top 4 RHD.
True, there may not be one but does not mean Dallas should cave and give up Bourque for a rental. I have no problem moving Bourque but the return needs to come with more term and younger. 34 year old soon to be UFA does not get a Bourque level prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad