TSN: Stars are frontrunners for Chris Tanev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'm gonna go off the board and guess.

Pretty Good Prospect + 2nd/3rd + NHL tweener to replace Tanev

Lian Bischel + 3rd + Derrick Pouliot

(So you're essentially getting a recent 1st round pick, a 3rd, and a guy to play placeholder on D)
I'd be thrilled to get Bichsel+

and they can keep Pouliot, Tanev can crop dust the crease before he goes and that'll be better defensively than Pouliot

• Haha
Reactions: SnS and Dr Pepper

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
well if you say it, it's got to be true... you'd never be wrong about anything
Brian Burke, Cammalleri. It’s a respect thing.

No GM will take him seriously afterwards if he caves on the price for one of his prized assets.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Brian Burke, Cammalleri. It’s a respect thing.

No GM will take him seriously afterwards if he caves on the price for one of his prized assets.
You don't have enough information to make such a stupid claim.

Just because a 1st round pick isn't involved, it doesn't mean it doesn't have the value of a 1st round pick, which is the only thing that actually matters.

Frankly if we got Bichsel or Kyrou + a 3rd, I'd say that'd be better than a pick that could easily end up #32

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
If the stars wanted to move the guy they just drafted in the 1st round instead of their first rounder I’d be weary tbh

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
If the stars wanted to move the guy they just drafted in the 1st round instead of their first rounder I’d be weary tbh
You know it takes 2 sides to negotiate right? If I were Conroy I'd want Bichsel over the 1st because their pick could easily be #32 and would likely result in a lesser player.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
You don't have enough information to make such a stupid claim.

Just because a 1st round pick isn't involved, it doesn't mean it doesn't have the value of a 1st round pick, which is the only thing that actually matters.

Frankly if we got Bichsel or Kyrou + a 3rd, I'd say that'd be better than a pick that could easily end up #32
It goes without saying that a 1st or equivalent would be accepted.

But Conroy has been firm that he won’t accept a collection of picks or a 2nd and pocket lint and I don’t expect that to change just because Tanev could walk in the summer.

Whether it’s the Stars, Canucks, Leafs, they aren’t walking away with Tanev without giving up something good. Ben Chiarot got a 1st. 38 year old Giordano got a 2nd and a 3rd.

Tanev is the real deal for a rental and it’s not like we lose anything by keeping him around for an extra 20 games if teams won’t pay up.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
You know it takes 2 sides to negotiate right? If I were Conroy I'd want Bichsel over the 1st because their pick could easily be #32 and would likely result in a lesser player.

It’s been reported that if a first was on the table Tanev would already be traded. So if Bichsel > 1st and was on the table by that logic Tanev would also be already traded

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
It’s been reported that if a first was on the table Tanev would already be traded. So if Bichsel > 1st and was on the table by that logic Tanev would also be already traded
I mean if you want to believe everything reported... personally I take all that shit with a huge grain of salt

Also no one is saying that was offered, because we are clearly trying to get more if an offer hasn't been accepted.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
What ever that means. Like they know what all the offers are.

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
I'm gonna go off the board and guess.

Pretty Good Prospect + 2nd/3rd + NHL tweener to replace Tanev

Lian Bischel + 3rd + Derrick Pouliot

(So you're essentially getting a recent 1st round pick, a 3rd, and a guy to play placeholder on D)
See above. If this was the offer Calgary would have already ran with it.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
That’s the point. Bischel is too much. I would not move him for a rental Tanev.
I wouldn't move a 2nd for any rental without an extension, but you and I aren't the ones making decisions. Worse players have gotten better returns than Bichsel.

Personally I think it could end up being Kyrou and a 2nd or another prospect if the 2 teams do make a deal.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Flames won 4 straight and 5 points out of a playoff with more than 20 games left. Do they still break things up?

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
If Conroy doesn't get the 1st that he wants for Tanev, is there a possibility he could be re-signed by the Flames? That certainly wouldn't be the worst option if Tanev is amenable to staying.... assuming the term and AAV was acceptable to both parties.

Flames won 4 straight and 5 points out of a playoff with more than 20 games left. Do they still break things up?
Hanifin will be gone for sure. He's been clear that he doesn't want to re-sign with Calgary.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009

Bichsel was a projected late first/early second round pick himself during his draft year and really hasn’t shown much in the way of progression over the past two years. I’d personally prefer the Dallas 1st.

• Haha
Reactions: Zapp

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
They should be. Stacked forward group, some nice dmen but missing one steady top 4 presence. Tanev is exactly what they need.

Now give us something good you green f***ers
The Stars also knows better than anyone what Tanev can do in the playoffs, he and Markstrom were our best players when we faced them in round one a couple years back.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Yes. We are a mediocre team at best and can't afford to lose 2 good players for nothing.

I think it might prevent other deals like Markstrom or Sharangovich or flipping Kuzmenko, but tue bigger pending FAs have to be moved.

Reactions: NinjaTurtle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad