GDT: STARS (21-19-7) at SENATORS (19-18-9) | 7:30pm | TV: FS-SW, RDS2, TSN5

Status
Not open for further replies.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
We have to remember, Zibby wasn't allowed to do the normal about of cardio last summer in preparation for the season. He simply wasn't in shape for the first two months.

Zibby's going to be very special. We just need some patience with him.

I was not sure at the beginning of the season as I thought he regressed. I have changed my opinion having watched him come on in the last month or two and begin to establish "his space" with the puck. He has the speed and the hands. Now he is starting to dominate areas of the play that "belong to him". When the effort is visible, he's a lion out there.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
We just straight up aren't good enough, it's as simple as that.

Young guys need to get better and they need to be insulated with better talent. We have only one legit offensive threat from the D and we have 1 true top line forward. People either need to grow in to these roles or we have to get other talent.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I see a bright future for Zibby but he just seems (to me) to be stuck on the same level as last year. Which is why I said possibly sophomore slump?

Slightly better faceoff %, on pace for more giveaways, less takeaways, I'd say he's on average with hits as he was last season.

Just hasn't taken the next step that he's capable of.

He's going to beat his career highs in goals and points, and he's going to do that playing against tougher competition.

He's taken a step forward.

Just because that step isn't the 60 point player we wanted at 21 yrs old, doesn't mean he's stuck on the same level as last year.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Maaaaan, Cameron was just ripping into the guys at practice today. CJ stopped talking on the radio to listen because it was so animated. They said that's the most emotion Cameron has shown so far yelling at the guys/trying to light a fire, and he's done quite a bit of that already.

Good stuff.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Maaaaan, Cameron was just ripping into the guys at practice today. CJ stopped talking on the radio to listen because it was so animated. They said that's the most emotion Cameron has shown so far yelling at the guys/trying to light a fire, and he's done quite a bit of that already.

Good stuff.

Good cause yesterday, aside from those three goals, was a dumpster fire.

One win lose one over the past few weeks probably has gotten to him

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
A contending team would love a guy like Condra on the 4th line. One of the best PKers in the league and is good for around 25-30 points. Plus a very hard worker, and great defensively.

What...The......

Condra is not good for 25-30 pts. His career high is 25 pts, and he's paced at 18 per 82 over the last 3 seasons.

I'm not saying 25 or even 30 pts is out of the realm of possibilities, but it would set career highs for him, not be an expectation of him.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada

Good stuff.

Honeymoon's over. Expect the "leaders" to go crying to Murray now about how mean Dave is and how they're not having fun anymore.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
What...The......

Condra is not good for 25-30 pts. His career high is 25 pts, and he's paced at 18 per 82 over the last 3 seasons.

I'm not saying 25 or even 30 pts is out of the realm of possibilities, but it would set career highs for him, not be an expectation of him.

He scored 25 last year. If he played all the games this year, he would be on pace for 28. I said around 25-30 points.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
He scored 25 last year. If he played all the games this year, he would be on pace for 28. I said around 25-30 points.

Are you from 2013?

Season | GP | G | A | Pts | Pace per 82
2010-11 | 26 | 6 | 5 | 11 | 35
2011-12 | 81 | 8 | 17 | 25 | 25
2012-13 | 48 | 4 | 8 | 12 | 21
2013-14 | 76 | 6 | 10 | 16 | 17
2014-15 | 33 | 4 | 4 | 8 | 20
Career Total | 264 | 28 | 44 | 72 | 22

You are talking about Condra, right? Erik Condra?

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Are you from 2013?

Season | GP | G | A | Pts | Pace per 82
2010-11 | 26 | 6 | 5 | 11 | 35
2011-12 | 81 | 8 | 17 | 25 | 25
2012-13 | 48 | 4 | 8 | 12 | 21
2013-14 | 76 | 6 | 10 | 16 | 17
2014-15 | 33 | 4 | 4 | 8 | 20
Career Total | 264 | 28 | 44 | 72 | 22

You are talking about Condra, right? Erik Condra?

Man I was looking at his PIM. Still good for 20-25 points though.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

Good stuff.

Honeymoon's over. Expect the "leaders" to go crying to Murray now about how mean Dave is and how they're not having fun anymore.

I was just about to post the same thing :laugh:

And what is this fascination for Condra now? Yes he is good at the PK & is good defensively but he sucks offensively, he isn't irreplaceable on this team now, is he? He's a 4th liner at best who has been tried with other lines but his lack of offence always finds him back on the 4th line or in the press box. Condra is a UFA & we have better players who are ready to assume an NHL roster spot coming. Let him go.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012

And what is this fascination for Condra now? Yes he is good at the PK & is good defensively but he sucks offensively, he isn't irreplaceable on this team now, is he? He's a 4th liner at best who has been tried with other lines but his lack of offence always finds him back on the 4th line or in the press box. Condra is a UFA & we have better players who are ready to assume an NHL roster spot coming. Let him go.

20 points for a 4th liner is not bad. That's not even his main part of his game. He's a defensive player and he's a great bottom 6 player. He's not supposed to be a real skillful player, he's supposed to be responsible.

WhiteLight*

4th liner? Yes, but a damn good one. Question is, who do you replace him with? We don't have 12 forwards better than him

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Teams need defensive guys. Boston has Campbell, NYR have Moore, both score less per min than Condra has this year. Condra comes dirt cheap, which is probably the most attractive part of him. He has chemistry with just about everyone, but won't provide any more (or less) than what he provides. It's nice to have some predictability in your bottom line I suppose.

WhiteLight*

Teams need defensive guys. Boston has Campbell, NYR have Moore, both score less per min than Condra has this year. Condra comes dirt cheap, which is probably the most attractive part of him. He has chemistry with just about everyone, but won't provide any more (or less) than what he provides. It's nice to have some predictability in your bottom line I suppose.

Condra is the man. Wow just wow

I drool over this guy. He's fun to watch and does just about everything right other than put the puck in the net. Awesome 4th liner. My hero

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
you know the team is playing bad when ppl are dreaming over 4th liners

I'm sorry but not everyone is going to be Erik Karlsson. You need players who are effective for their roles. If you want Condra to be a first liner who snipes 40 goals a season, then yes, he's going to suck. But if you want a 4th liner who is very responsible with the puck, a great PKer and a very hard worker, then I don't see what's not to love about Condra.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
just saying he's a highly expendable player. nothing to write home about. he plays his role well but let's not go overboard.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
This team has 6 top 6 forwards (Turris, Zibanejad, Ryan, MacArthur, Stone, Hoffman), good bottom 6 forwards (Pageau, Condra, Legwand, Michalek), 4 top 4 defencemen (Karlsson, Methot, Ceci, Cowen) and a #1 goalie (Anderson).

No excuses. This is a playoff team.

Turris has been the #1 centre and logging the most minutes for a while now

No we have like 5 second like players and 1 first line player.

4 top 4 dmen? That might be the youngest second pairing in the entire NHL.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
Really, like how you threw that one in there, Im assuming you want to package all those pieces to be better in the future. How would trading a young player like Lehner (yet to break) out join that cause? Is it that you just base his value of a string of bad games, and not past data on goalie development?

String of bad games as in the last 3 seasons?

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
String of bad games as in the last 3 seasons?

Give me a break. Yes every game that Lehner played he sucked. You do know he's 23? He's going to be inconsistent. Do you think goalies just come into the league and right away tear it up and are perfect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad