Post-Game Talk: Stars 2, Pens 1 - The Razor Made It Bearable Edition

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Well, this should be fun . . .

EDIT: Bruins, the 8th place team, are 5 points back. Ottawa, the 9th place team, is 7 points back with a game in hand. 11 games left. Odds are the Pens still should be okay. But, if we lose the next one, it's really time to panic, and I mean more than we were after that Columbus debacle. Saturday night, it's the irresistible force against the immovable object, the team trying not to win versus the team trying not to score.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Letang was highly entertaining tonight.

Sid got a point.

That's all I got.

Edit: I lied.

Penguins record since the deadline: 3-6
Ducks record since the deadline: 5-3

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
------- Forward lines
+/--- Letang
----- Discipline. They can't call anyone if we're the ones being idiots.
------ Kunitz
----- Powerplay
++++ Fleury

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
+ Razor

- Everything else

Seriously, someone needs to cut and paste from the GDT into this thread the Razor color commentary highlights about Kunitz. It was epic stuff. :laugh:

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
+ the pens weren't shut out... again.

- team of idiots

i don't know who are the dallas commentators... but i like them.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa
If we drop to the first WC spot, are we sent over to the other division for the first two rounds? Secret plan to avoid Isles or Rangers?

We know this team is very inconsistent. Given up on seeing us build a solid system, so I'm just hoping we can get hot once Geno and Horny come back and take some momentum into the post season.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
thecritic_001.jpg

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
The Razor made it very interesting. He hated on Kunitz and called the Penguins "undisciplined and actually kind of arrogant". I love that announcing duo.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
+1 Letang giving a ****

LOLers to who ever posted the remaining schedule a few games ago and thought we were going to have an easy time beating these teams and getting into the playoffs :laugh:

thecore

Jul 2, 2008
Nebraska
steeltuxbird.blogspot.com
We grossly outplayed the Stars with good effort and still lost. Something is just rotten in Denmark.

I don't know how many bounces Crosby has not gotten this year. Crazy that deflection on the partial breakaway doesn't go in.

Every goalie looks like Roy against us. Not exactly sure why, but I think it's our offensive identity. We either seem to play complete goon it up in front of the net hockey with no creativity, which really isn't our game, or east west hockey. We can't find the right balance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad