Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Jim ent Vesey

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The way they are playing this year the analytics say this is way more sustainable than last year and they made it to ECF last year. They have won 8 games by 3 goals or more. That's 20% of their games played. Most games in the NHL, especially those in the metro are not easy games. Lot's of parity. The only thing that matters is winning and they are doing that. TBH I actually think they have another gear as they tend to play down to lesser opponents. This will help come playoff time.
It's a long season. The best teams have to get into the practice of cheesing wins on 80%.

Reactions: PuckLuck3043

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Also you guys know this but K'Andre Miller is very f***ing good.

He's an elite defender. His offensive play-driving metics are whatevs but he's *checks notes* a defenseman and he finds a way to put up points.

This is also something I could see him improving. He's still only 22 and most defenseman haven't blossomed yet at that age, except Adam Fox who is God and probably could have played in the NHL at age 13.
He has tools and abilities you just can not teach. And we are also learning he has big you know what. He's not afraid to use his abilities even late in games when we need that push to alleviate some pressure and even create our own offense. In the playoffs I have no doubt he will be matched up against the other teams top forwards like Crosby. On top of all that he is a good kid. You can just tell he's humble and has put the work in.
I know it takes two to dance but this kid should have been locked up earlier in the year.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Having Fox or Miller always on the ice is going to be this team's bread and butter for the next decade.

If Schneider can continue to improve, it'll be overwhelming.

Personally I would stick with it for awhile and don't be in rush to tinker with or trade the surplus. We'd have three first pairs. That's the identity. That's the gimmick. That's the thing you'd build around.

Just find a way to upgrade 3LD. We have to protect our bread and butter.
For late in games have no problem with Fox and Miller being a thing. Kinda saying this half joking but he's gonna put up even bigger numbers with Fox ($$$) and who the hell is gonna cover for Trouba since the coach wants Trouba to be top 4 dman (and I like Lindgren but he can't do what Miller does).

Reactions: Larrybiv

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
He has tools and abilities you just can not teach. And we are also learning he has big you know what. He's not afraid to use his abilities even late in games when we need that push to alleviate some pressure and even create our own offense.....
A lot of people forget he was a forward most of his life. But who knew he had Ovechkin like skills! LOL!

Look at him bounce off the defender here....

He turns 23 this month. LOL!

Last edited:
Reactions: Larrybiv and bl02

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Man, watching the winner replay, Seguin had an Ovi disconnected controller moment there. Either that or he just couldn’t believe that Panarin would even attempt to get anywhere near the net.
No, wasn't that (imo) think he thought Panarin would just pull up at the blue line (like he ALWAYS does) but Panarin "suckered him" into that and went by him. Nice

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
A lot of people forget he was a forward most of his life. But who knew he had Ovechkin like skills! LOL!

Look at him bounce off the defender here....

He turns 23 this month. LOL!

Naaah man, I didn't forget. I just the other day made a crack of how we should make him play forward and make Laffy a defenseman, because he is making Laffy look like......well, a stay at home defenseman with zero offensive skills. Sorry Laf, make me eat some Italian crow! I dare you.

Reactions: bl02

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
This team is starting to look like the team we all imagined they would be this year. With the growth of Miller, Kakko, Schneider and Chytil,.... throw in Fox too. The steady play of Shesty in net, the addition of Trocheck paying dividends, and Panarin and Zibad doing their thing. Trouba taking the reins like a captain should and Turk pulling all the strings,... this team is beginning to look like what we all expected.

Last edited:

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
This team is starting to look like the team we all imagined they would be this year. With the growth of Miller, Kakko, and Chytil,.... throw in Fox too. The steady play of Shesty in net, the addition of Trocheck paying dividends, and Panarin and Zibad doing their thing. Trouba taking the reins like a captain should and Turk pulling all the strings,... this team is beginning to look like what we all expected.
I am that guy... who needs more from the forwards. We are getting there but had a pretty significant hole to dig out of.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Man, watching the winner replay, Seguin had an Ovi disconnected controller moment there. Either that or he just couldn’t believe that Panarin would even attempt to get anywhere near the net.
I've been watching both feeds replays. Makes me laugh and so happy! Like a damned child.
KAM made 3 great plays including a keep in. In those 2 minutes plus.
FOXY made a great play to keep (I think Pavelski) with the net open from scoring......even prior to that amazing sequence. THAT might have been overlooked. And that kick by Panarin (that I originally missed, because I was freakin') made me roflmao!

Last edited:
Reactions: Synergy27

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
I am that guy... who needs more from the forwards. We are getting there but had a pretty significant hole to dig out of.
There are always gonna be some weak links in the chain, but on the whole,... this team has its mojo back. And in large part due to the growth of the youngsters. Sure, Laffy can do better but he'll come around. He still has those rosy cheeks of a youngster. He'll grow out of it just like Kakko and Chytil did.

Reactions: leetch99

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
You know we look at the finish of this game in complete awe. But don't you think the players themselves, are watching the replay in disbelief? How could they not?

I keep saying repeatedly this season, this is the best game of the year. And honestly I don't know how we are gonna top this one.

But who knows, maybe next time we score 3 goals in the last minute to send it to OT. LOL!

Last edited:

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
If Shesty had let in that tying goal this board would have come UNGLUED lol

I will say though - Oettinger learned a lesson at the end of regulation. He had a real chance to smother that puck for a whistler but elected to poke it back out in the play for some reason.

That said, he's still a great goalie IMO.
At what point could Shesty allow the tying goal? We never lead!

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
At what point could Shesty allow the tying goal? We never lead!

Not sure what you mean?

Had Shesty let in the tying goal that Oettinger allowed in that game? As in the roles reversed?

edit: oh buddy - my bad and a good one lol Cheers man! :)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad