Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Jim ent Vesey

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
He's fully capable of being that guy still imo... he was doing it to start the season.. He looked like he was 'back'....

.. It stopped real quick though.

McTavish or Zegras for Panarin would be something... in a year or two.
The only thing he will return for us is Cap Space.....and that likely will come at the expense of a prospect/pick.....and likely a half decent one at that . I hope I'm wrong....but I tend to think we will be paying through the nose for somebody to take on his salary at this stage of his career . Plus it is not just for a season....it is multiple seasons . Maybe we should look at Kucheroving him next year....bring him back for the playoffs .

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
I've said this before...

Panarin better get cranked up for a big, big playoff run or else the Rangers will be looking at ways to move his contract.
What !!! scoring a series playoff winning goal to move to the 2nd round is not enough? Lol...I love Bread and I am glad we signed him but no doubt he is pacing himself and not succumbing to the peer pressure of sacrificing his body every night. He can do it when he wants like last night in OT where he battled along the boards and eventually made the pass to Foxy. BUT we have trouble scoring and his 5x5 play is better than given credit for. He is a skilled floater who needs linemates to do the majority of the defensive work and puck retrieval...but get him the puck with space and its lethal. He's like Messi or GC Stanton .....specialty players.

Reactions: maris

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
What !!! scoring a series playoff winning goal to move to the 2nd round is not enough? Lol...I love Bread and I am glad we signed him but no doubt he is pacing himself and not succumbing to the peer pressure of sacrificing his body every night. He can do it when he wants like last night in OT where he battled along the boards and eventually made the pass to Foxy. BUT we have trouble scoring and his 5x5 play is better than given credit for. He is a skilled floater who needs linemates to do the majority of the defensive work and puck retrieval...but get him the puck with space and its lethal. He's like Messi or GC Stanton .....specialty players.
Last night he had more turnovers than a French bakery.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Last night he had more turnovers than a French bakery.

His pull up at the blue line move had a 0% success rate on ~10 tries and in a shocking turn of events he drove to the net one(1) time and the Rangers got the game winning goal. It's not rocket science.

To be fair, he was a big part of both goals going to the dirty areas. He just needs to do it on a more consistent basis for 11.6 milion

Last edited:

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
Both goals last night were scored as a result of the team finally saying, F it, we're taking the puck to the net and then battling for it back. Both plays were the result of net front scrambles where the puck squirts out for an open look. A lot of experts call these broken plays. But to me, they're goals of aggression. There's a sense of urgency to them. There's a sense of we're about to battle in front of your net whether you like it or not. They're the kind of goals this team has tended to shy away from at times. These goals are harder to score, they do require paying a physical toll. And so, it makes sense that there's some reluctance during an 82 game regular season. But for a team to win a cup or go on a run in this league, you need to be able to score goals like the two last night and the game tying goal against the Wild the other night. For many teams, these are goals that only happen out of desperation, but the best teams find a way to get these goals (in addition to finesse goals) as part of their regular repertoire. I'm hopeful the last few games have reinforced this notion in the room.

Finally, an underrated decision on Miller's goal was Panarin's play to get the puck to the net with about 8 seconds left. Up until that moment, team had spent about 20 seconds rimming the puck around the offensive zone without anything going to the net. Panarin threw it into the middle without seeming to care if there was an open man. He threw it there knowing it was likely just going to create chaos. He did so, knowing time was just about out. Actually if you watch the replay, you can see Panarin look up at the scoreboard before the puck comes back around to him. Underrated, important moment. Just get the puck to the net. If that play doesn't have the mad scramble in front and Panarin instead just went to Miller in the first place, the seas likely do not open up for Miller's two attempts.

As usual, great post. 100% spot on.

Cheers.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
The only thing he will return for us is Cap Space.....and that likely will come at the expense of a prospect/pick.....and likely a half decent one at that . I hope I'm wrong....but I tend to think we will be paying through the nose for somebody to take on his salary at this stage of his career . Plus it is not just for a season....it is multiple seasons . Maybe we should look at Kucheroving him next year....bring him back for the playoffs .
If he has a 95 point season I cannot see us paying someone to take his salary. That’s a bit crazy. If he was having a 60 point season then yeah… but us being disappointed with his current performance in comparison to past doesnt eliminate elite totals.

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
There is more to hockey than points.

This team is terrible without Lindgren.

Completely understood and it's been seen before. Linds battled in front of the net, but took a bad penalty IMO by breaking his stick on Seguin's neck that led to the almost only goal in the game. I thought both Miller and Shesty played amazing games, and if anyone should get it, should've been one of those two. Just opinions!

Reactions: bl02

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
It leaked that Drury wasn't pleased.

What team can accept that contract? Panarin seems like the type that would waive, if he felt he 'wasn't wanted'.... or go back to 2019 Panarin.

I absolutely love the guy. His play since covid has changed. He's a top5 player in the world when he's moving his feet and attacking.
This.

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice…

In the summer, teams will have room to accept a big part of that contract. A trade would almost certainly mean a contract of some kind coming back.

Lets all hope it doesn’t come to that.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Both goals last night were scored as a result of the team finally saying, F it, we're taking the puck to the net and then battling for it back. Both plays were the result of net front scrambles where the puck squirts out for an open look. A lot of experts call these broken plays. But to me, they're goals of aggression. There's a sense of urgency to them. There's a sense of we're about to battle in front of your net whether you like it or not. They're the kind of goals this team has tended to shy away from at times. These goals are harder to score, they do require paying a physical toll. And so, it makes sense that there's some reluctance during an 82 game regular season. But for a team to win a cup or go on a run in this league, you need to be able to score goals like the two last night and the game tying goal against the Wild the other night. For many teams, these are goals that only happen out of desperation, but the best teams find a way to get these goals (in addition to finesse goals) as part of their regular repertoire. I'm hopeful the last few games have reinforced this notion in the room.

Finally, an underrated decision on Miller's goal was Panarin's play to get the puck to the net with about 8 seconds left. Up until that moment, team had spent about 20 seconds rimming the puck around the offensive zone without anything going to the net. Panarin threw it into the middle without seeming to care if there was an open man. He threw it there knowing it was likely just going to create chaos. He did so, knowing time was just about out. Actually if you watch the replay, you can see Panarin look up at the scoreboard before the puck comes back around to him. Underrated, important moment. Just get the puck to the net. If that play doesn't have the mad scramble in front and Panarin instead just went to Miller in the first place, the seas likely do not open up for Miller's two attempts.
Yes, and also Panarin could have easily made a decision to peel away out of the zone to regroup in OT after he didnt see that pass Mika threw between his legs.

Instead he made the hard play, the effort play to battle through and take it to the net. He almost won it himself before the Fox goal. Thats the type of aggressive play that shows he/they wanted that game.

• Love
Reactions: Lua and gravey9

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Looks like Foxy got the hat and gave it to Linds.

I'm starting to think this thing is a participation trophy, but I'm not in the locker room so what do I know. :DD

Theres a lot that goes on behind the scenes we have no knowledge of.

Gallant said theres a bug going through the team. Maybe Lindy was in bed the entire day and was sick as a dog. Never know.

Reactions: Unpredictable1

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
Completely understood and it's been seen before. Linds battled in front of the net, but took a bad penalty IMO by breaking his stick on Seguin's neck that led to the almost only goal in the game. I thought both Miller and Shesty played amazing games, and if anyone should get it, should've been one of those two. Just opinions!

They should have both been called before he ended up breaking his stick IMO. (but like you said, opinions! :) )

I know they scored on that ensuing PP but I have 0 issue with someone being given the business in front of our goalie and Seguin was really wanting to get in Igor's kitchen. Hank played many games without it. I honestly think Hank was one of the league's most durable goalies since 05.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Miller and Fox each have a 2 game goal scoring streak. They've basically given us 4 points in the standings despite a dry spell for our forwards who haven't been getting goals over the last 2 games.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I'm hearing on the wire that Nils Lundkvist boarded the plane back to Dallas telling his teammates that he was agitated and confused as to why there was no Rangers video tribute for him.

I was at the game he scored his first NHL goal then fell down celebrating (seems to be a pattern with our Swedish prospects lol). We then proceeded to get beaten like a rented mule against the Colorado Globetrotters with Adam Huska in net

Reactions: will1066

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
If he has a 95 point season I cannot see us paying someone to take his salary. That’s a bit crazy. If he was having a 60 point season then yeah… but us being disappointed with his current performance in comparison to past doesnt eliminate elite totals.
Why would any club want him unless they were offered a T-Bone tied around his neck ? 11.64 could get you a Pastrnak......which one would you take ?

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think we know why @EdJovanovski loves Kravtsov now......

ZQvsWOT.gif

it's his hands.

55BD367C-D4E4-4E9B-90E6-0A37EF16E047.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad