TV: Star Wars: The Clone Wars is back!

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
So f***ing good. It's gonna lead right into Episode 3 with them going to save the Chancellor, I bet. I'm so ecstatic they get to finish the show.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
I'd love to see the last episode focusing on the Clones turning in their clone trooper armor for Storm Trooper Armor and Rex and Wolf running.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
It's been a long time since I've seen it, but isn't that how the Clone Wars movie ends?

Like the movie that introduced Ahsoka? It was basically just a mash-up of a few episodes. The movie was the intro to the show. I can't recall exactly what happened but it involved one of Jabba's nephews or something.

Or are you talking about Attack of the Clones? Cause that just shows the introduction of the clone army. A whole war happens between that and Revenge of the Sith.

Reactions: LarKing

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Like the movie that introduced Ahsoka? It was basically just a mash-up of a few episodes. The movie was the intro to the show. I can't recall exactly what happened but it involved one of Jabba's nephews or something.

Or are you talking about Attack of the Clones? Cause that just shows the introduction of the clone army. A whole war happens between that and Revenge of the Sith.

I must be thinking of the former

Reactions: irunthepeg

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
I must be thinking of the former

No, you're thinking of the 2003 Genndy Tartakovsky Clone Wars series. It ends with Grevious capturing Palpatine.

Grevious was seriously bad ass in that version of CW

Was that the series that was hand drawn and not alot of speaking? Each episode was like 5 minutes long?

OH That's what you're referencing, RIGHT! I actually loved that series too. I have them all on my external HD. I think I like this CW more but that one was really good too. I like the silent/short nature of the episodes.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Curious if they'll be sticking to the plots of the unfinished episodes or rewriting it from scratch.

Hopefully it finishes better than Rebels did.

It's been a long time since I've seen it, but isn't that how the Clone Wars movie ends?
That movie was retconned by the TV show.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I’d be okay with that. They need to get everyone who makes the current movies away from the next trilogy if it happens.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I’d be okay with that. They need to get everyone who makes the current movies away from the next trilogy if it happens.

Johnson has his own trilogy and I think Abrams is probably done after Episode IX. Although if he does well with it...anyway that's probably more for the other thread.

I think Filoni would do fine with a movie. Some of the best arcs from The Clone Wars essentially were movies themselves, although with characters he'd spent many episodes building, so that is a very valid point.

After seeing the trailer a few more times I think I'm going to have to go watch the Umbara arc for like the 10th time.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
While I quite enjoyed Clone Wars and Rebels, I don't get the Filoni worship. He really jumps the shark at times on his weirder story arcs, particularly when he's allowed to create Force mysticism narratives. I think he needs someone to reign him in from doing stuff like time travel, all-powerful force beings, and space whales saving the day.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Hope we dont see typical Disney Star Wars in this. While the series had its kiddish and stupidly unbelievable points it was good and had a lot of darker well done stories

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
While I quite enjoyed Clone Wars and Rebels, I don't get the Filoni worship. He really jumps the shark at times on his weirder story arcs, particularly when he's allowed to create Force mysticism narratives. I think he needs someone to reign him in from doing stuff like time travel, all-powerful force beings, and space whales saving the day.

It's not really any stranger than some of the stuff Lucas himself came up with though. The Mortis arc opened the door on the Force mysticism stuff. The time travel in Rebels was a continuation of that. The space whales were a bit weird though.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Hope we dont see typical Disney Star Wars in this. While the series had its kiddish and stupidly unbelievable points it was good and had a lot of darker well done stories

Its funny there are three youtube videos that show the darker moments of TCW's and its in total about an hour long, and when it goes Dark Clone Wars is really dark. There are so many just brutal executions and deaths in it. You would think that they would have reserved the dark moments for Anakin and Dooku. But Kenobi has a real talent for just bringing some nasty death.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad