Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi is happening

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Ewan McGregor or bust.

And while I've been saying that for a while, I'd even say McDiarmid could reappear as the Emperor. There's no reason why he can't reprise the role of Palpatine. Even if only briefly. And it would have to make sense within the story.

McGregor and McDiarmid were two of a very short list of good things about the prequels.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I almost wish they hadn't finished the Obi-Wan/Maul arc on Rebels now. That would have been fun to see on the big screen.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I almost wish they hadn't finished the Obi-Wan/Maul arc on Rebels now. That would have been fun to see on the big screen.

It's already pretty lame that they retconned him back to life. I mean they did decent things with the character to an extent but I'd rather that stuff stay in the animated universe even if it is canon.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
I just find it weird that he lives as a hermit on Tatooine to watch over Luke but also went on great movie worthy adventures too

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Disney doesn't care about sanctity of the original story. They are in full-on exploitation mode.

Because George Lucas really took the story to amazing new heights with the prequels

:rolleyes:

We have no idea what this story is going to be. Disney has produced two very good films so far in this franchise, Ive no reason to believe they can't continue to do it.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
From that article:

"THR's report mentions that Lucasfilm is continuing to reportedly look into developing Yoda and Boba Fett films, among other spinoff Star Wars entries."

Please don't do a Yoda film.

Also, please do a KOTOR movie(s).

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
From that article:

"THR's report mentions that Lucasfilm is continuing to reportedly look into developing Yoda and Boba Fett films, among other spinoff Star Wars entries."

Please don't do a Yoda film.

Also, please do a KOTOR movie(s).

Agreed. Yoda was much better when he was mysterious. I hated him and Chewie hanging out like it was NBD on Kashyyyk in the prequels. I hated Yoda's character so much. (Side note, I actually liked the prequels! :O I know... The story was fantastic. If you can look past the horrible, awful acting and scripting - the movies are genius!) Anyways... Agree with a KOTOR movie or I think it would be great if they did a Shadows of the Empire movie with Dash and Xixor.

I heard Ewan has been hanging around Lucasfilm people since the end of TFA so I have no doubt he will be Obi.

Sep 19, 2008
Lot of people ANGRY about "another DEATH STAR" or "Disney milking out the franchise for moolah" but damn it I'm all for it. Rogue One was pretty good and it's good to see Disney deliver more content to the Star Wars fans. And I'm not even that diehard a fan. It's just good to see all these movies come out which further explain the backstory and give some more insight into the vast universe that is Star Wars.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Lot of people ANGRY about "another DEATH STAR" or "Disney milking out the franchise for moolah" but damn it I'm all for it. Rogue One was pretty good and it's good to see Disney deliver more content to the Star Wars fans. And I'm not even that diehard a fan. It's just good to see all these movies come out which further explain the backstory and give some more insight into the vast universe that is Star Wars.

There have only been 2 (in the movies) :laugh:

I guess Starkiller base? Yeah. I am one of those who hated TFA because it was basically an episode 4 reboot. Too hard not to ignore that. But it wasn't Starkiller base that did it in for me. It was within the first 15 mins of the movie when BB-8 gets something super important he must now run from the Empir... I mean First Order.

I love Kylo Ren's character though. Best thing to come out of that movie. The rest of it was just appeasing the fans and getting people who weren't so into Star Wars but saw it back in the day excited about it again because they basically just watched Episode IV again.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
It'll obviously be McGregor, Disney does a lot of stupid things but a) people associate Obi-Wan with McGregor and there is no lore/age reason to not cast him b) McGregor is actually a really good actor.

What worries me is where they're going with these one off character movies. I am not inspired at all by what I've heard from the Han Solo movie, and I'm still really worried that they're going to go with the "Boba Fett is an assumed identity not a person" even though Temura Morrison was retconned into the OT to be the voice of Boba...they my as well hire Tommy Wisseau to direct if they go with that horrid idea.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
It'll obviously be McGregor, Disney does a lot of stupid things but a) people associate Obi-Wan with McGregor and there is no lore/age reason to not cast him b) McGregor is actually a really good actor.

What worries me is where they're going with these one off character movies. I am not inspired at all by what I've heard from the Han Solo movie, and I'm still really worried that they're going to go with the "Boba Fett is an assumed identity not a person" even though Temura Morrison was retconned into the OT to be the voice of Boba...they my as well hire Tommy Wisseau to direct if they go with that horrid idea.

I think the only way Wiseau can replicate the "so bad it's good" charm of The Room is if he is given a Star Wars movie to direct (and he actually has to try to make something good). I'd pay money to see that.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I always felt that they could do a great Yojimbo (e.g. Last Man Standing with Bruce Willis) story arc with Kenobi forced to intervene in some form of Hutt vs. Sand People vs. Slaves vs. Imperials type situation.

Playing them off each other in order to try to stabilize the planet and thereby keep Luke safe.

Everything doesn't have to be epic involving tons of CGI and space battles.

I think Kenobi in a "Western" kind of situation would be really cool.

Ewan would be perfect.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
So the movie starts out when Obi hands off Luke to Lars and Beru. Then its 2hrs of him harvesting blue milk and playing with his lightsaber to hill time until he decides to go for a walk down a canyon and finds Luke.

Basically it will be "Cast Away" in space.

EDIT:
OMG the stupid auto correct after I click subit its changing lights-a-b-e-r to lghtS-a-b-r-e with a capital S.
wtf.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad