Movies: Star Wars - Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker - III

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
New thread, so won’t see anything I don’t want to. My guess is the Rotten score comes in at 70% or lower.

Looked today and realized that the Rotten score for Attack of the Clones is 65%. The only “rotten” Star Wars movie is Phantom Menace. Crazy. Didn’t expect that.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
New thread, so won’t see anything I don’t want to. My guess is the Rotten score comes in at 70% or lower.

Looked today and realized that the Rotten score for Attack of the Clones is 65%. The only “rotten” Star Wars movie is Phantom Menace. Crazy. Didn’t expect that.

That is surprising. AoTC is far worse. There's some decent stuff in TPM, AoTC is just an outright disaster imo.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Genuinely surprised by all the positive reviews it’s getting which are the majority

Reviews aren't out until 3 am eastern.

Bloggers and "influencers" got to see the world premiere and their impressions that went up very early this morning were positive.

Then, critics and the press got to see it and posted their early impressions this afternoon. It has a been a total bloodbath on that front.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Reviews aren't out until 3 am eastern.

Bloggers and "influencers" got to see the world premiere and their impressions that went up very early this morning were positive.

Then, critics and the press got to see it and posted their early impressions this afternoon. It has a been a total bloodbath on that front.

Really?

Well this should be interesting

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I really truly did not like TLJ for a lot of reasons and I even read the supposed leaks but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t excited for this last movie.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Kathleen Kennedy needs to be bootf***ed straight out of LucasFilm. Get Favreau or Filoni going in her place. Hell, throw money at Kevin Feige to take on Star Wars. The ST is an absolute mess.

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Maybe Rian Johnson should have directed the entire trilogy.

The problem aren't the movies, it is Disney execs.

Why does Kylo have his mask after him destroying it was such a critical moment for him? Toy sales. JJ is super boring and safe but I struggle to see how anyone could make that work. The movies are being used to prop up an entire industry instead of the other way around, it cannot work.

Disney is awful, way past their prime. When leadership is rotten to the core, it is very difficult for everything to be as good as it could be.

Last edited:

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Haven't seen the movie or read any spoilers (at least not any that are legit), so I can't make any judgement. I will say though, over the years I've learned to tune out critics as many out there seem to have agendas or want a movie to somehow shoehorn in social/political statements of their beliefs.

One guy I'm not surprised to see dislike TRoS is Scott Mendelson. That guy defended The Last Jedi in a VERY obsessive and frankly, creepy way. Wrote tons of articles and engaged every random twitter user who had dissenting views. If TRoS was going to revisit anything from TFA, he was going to loathe it. So regardless of how good or bad this movie is, I put no stock into what someone like Mendelson says.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad