Star Wars Battlefront II (Nov 17)

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I played the first Battlefront last night and forgot how such a well made game it is. I’m gonna play this more while Dice/EA figure their horrible game play in BF 2 out.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Just bought this game again for PC on Origin since it was on sale. So now I have two copies. Its absolutely beautiful on PC!!!

Pretty sure you all think I am the spawn of satan now that I have bought this game twice. :laugh:

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Just bought this game again for PC on Origin since it was on sale. So now I have two copies. Its absolutely beautiful on PC!!!

Pretty sure you all think I am the spawn of satan now that I have bought this game twice. :laugh:

You could mention that on reddit and probably be in contention for the most downvoted comment in history

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
If anything, you bought a version that will have a community that will die way, way faster than the console version. So, enjoy it while it lasts, I guess, because it's not going to.

I admit, you remind me of someone I met in college. Someone who bought 3 Xbox 360s so 2 of them would be for his friends to play and one for himself... yeah... And this was someone who would proudly say this out loud to people and boast about it as well, but in the end, it's a waste of money and super cringy.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
You could mention that on reddit and probably be in contention for the most downvoted comment in history
Haha!

If anything, you bought a version that will have a community that will die way, way faster than the console version. So, enjoy it while it lasts, I guess, because it's not going to.

I admit, you remind me of someone I met in college. Someone who bought 3 Xbox 360s so 2 of them would be for his friends to play and one for himself... yeah... And this was someone who would proudly say this out loud to people and boast about it as well, but in the end, it's a waste of money and super cringy.
I disagree. The first battlefront has a huge community still. So do older games. I don't plan on playing this game for years and years anyways.

Nah, I never own multiples of the same console. But I do enjoy playing games on one of PC / Console then playing again on the opposite. Keeps things fresh. I am more of the person who enjoys things like Xbox play anywhere so I can play games on both systems.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I don't call under 1000 players on PC a huge community. Battlefront Stats

That's pathetic considering the original (as in, pandemic made) Battlefront games have about 3 times as much despite being 12 years old.

I feel bad enough for buying the game once, lol at being one of those people who buys the exact same game twice. The fact you come to brag about it makes it look even more cringey as someone alluded to.

Edit: Remasters don't apply here. At least those games tend to come with DLC/revamped stuff in the case of a lot of Nintendo remasters.

Reactions: Ceremony

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I don't call under 1000 players on PC a huge community. Battlefront Stats

That's pathetic considering the original (as in, pandemic made) Battlefront games have about 3 times as much despite being 12 years old.

I feel bad enough for buying the game once, lol at being one of those people who buys the exact same game twice. The fact you come to brag about it makes it look even more cringey as someone alluded to.

Edit: Remasters don't apply here. At least those games tend to come with DLC/revamped stuff in the case of a lot of Nintendo remasters.

Under 1,000?

Currently online players

PC: 2,255 (24h peak: 2,377)
XBOXONE: 9,309 (24h peak: 9,812)
PS4: 10,215 (24h peak: 10,478)
Total: 21,779

Over 21,000 online right now playing the game according to your own link.

Try again.

I actually play both games. I don't just "herp-a-derp zomg look I make up stuff to say how terrible it is!" like you are. There is a solid community for both games and it's easy to find online matches and have fun with other players. Does that make you so mad that you have to try and prove some facts wrong or something? Sad.

It wasn't to brag. It was to say that it looks amazing on PC. And I knew everyone would get all worked up about it. Called it. I said jump and you are saying how high? I still like discussing the game but some of you are on some crazy internet crusade to just trash a game.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Less than 2500 on PC for a game that's just over 2 years old, yet Battlefield 4, which is over 4 years old has over 15K right now. And considering the difference in players/peaks between PC and the console versions, yeah, the community isn't much to speak about. Also, I'm sure most of those people are people who would rather play that game over the 2nd one. The fact that in the last 24 hours, the peak for Battlefront II (2005) is just over 1800 (being somewhat close to the 2015 Battlefront) is pretty sad in terms of the 2015 version. Battlefield 3 has over 3600 people playing right now.

Also, just over 21K people online, spread over 3 different platforms, isn't a whole lot, especially when two of them make of for most of it. It comes down to this, PC players have better and more things to play than Battlefront :).

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Less than 2500 on PC for a game that's just over 2 years old, yet Battlefield 4, which is over 4 years old has over 15K right now. And considering the difference in players/peaks between PC and the console versions, yeah, the community isn't much to speak about. Also, I'm sure most of those people are people who would rather play that game over the 2nd one. The fact that in the last 24 hours, the peak for Battlefront II (2005) is just over 1800 (being somewhat close to the 2015 Battlefront) is pretty sad in terms of the 2015 version. Battlefield 3 has over 3600 people playing right now.

Also, just over 21K people online, spread over 3 different platforms, isn't a whole lot, especially when two of them make of for most of it. It comes down to this, PC players have better and more things to play than Battlefront :).

Especially just a few days after Christmas with new games given as presents, people still off from work etc. Let's revisit this in late January.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The weird thing is the first battlefront maintained a pretty consistent playerbase (On consoles anyway) for a good year and a half after. Likely for a couple of reasons. One being there was no Star Wars game of any kind on PS4 or XBOX at that point (Backwards compatibility was in its infancy iirc) and the fact while being kinda barebones, it was a pretty well put together, simplistic arcade shooter.

Battlefront 2 i imagine, even with free DLC will not be as lucky. The backlash over the microtransactions killing sales, the crummy progression system and in even playing it, really lackluster DLC (Crait as a map sucks to play) means this game is probably dead by the end of January, maybe February at the most.

I put about 70 hours in. At a point, you just get annoyed by the constant cycle of grinding for credits, opening a loot box, and getting junk from said lootbox. I only hung in there because there was a couple achievements i was in reach of. Monster Hunter can't get here soon enough.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I play games to play the game. Not grind for credits and loot boxes. Funny how suddenly everyone thinks the game is about collecting loot boxes. It's a lot of fun, it's selling a ton and there are lots of people online. Never have a problem finding a game.

But keep complaining and making up lies to convince yourselves the game isn't selling. SW Merch is down 53% due to the Last Jedi compared to Force Awakens. That's because the movie was horrible. I am sure BFII will take a hit because of this too. Will be interesting to see sales numbers but it really doesn't matter to me since there is a HUGE playerbase for the game and its fun to play.

Reactions: WPGNYRFan

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014

Wait... so you are picking an iconic PC online game and comparing it to a game that just had its sequel released and isn't an iconic PC game? Shocker there.

Also, the 2005 Battlefront 2 was just in the top 3 of most sold games on Steam because of their sale. That game gets a big bump every year because of that sale. Its awesome! That's a fun game to play too. It's nice to see people realize its still relevant.

The problem was the poster said "under 1000". Which was completely false and a lie. Why does it matter to you so much how many people are online playing a game you obviously don't care about? Remember, you are talking about the first BF (reboot) game. There are still plenty of people online in that game playing AND there are probably a hell of a lot more playing BFII right now.

Why does it make you so mad that people are able to login, play both BF or BFII and find online games no problem and having a good time?

Last edited:

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008

To be fair, BF4 is more the exception than the rule. They put a ton of effort into polishing that game into something great.

It was a broken, disappointing turd when it came out.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I play games to play the game. Not grind for credits and loot boxes. Funny how suddenly everyone thinks the game is about collecting loot boxes. It's a lot of fun, it's selling a ton and there are lots of people online. Never have a problem finding a game.

But keep complaining and making up lies to convince yourselves the game isn't selling. SW Merch is down 53% due to the Last Jedi compared to Force Awakens. That's because the movie was horrible. I am sure BFII will take a hit because of this too. Will be interesting to see sales numbers but it really doesn't matter to me since there is a HUGE playerbase for the game and its fun to play.

>Game's selling well

>Game is already nearly half price in North America, EA projections have it selling 50% less than anticipated and has been on sale 3 times in a month, which is unprecedented for a newer release.

Sure it is. I'm sure the movie is totally the reason why the game isn't selling well too.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
>Game's selling well

>Game is already nearly half price in North America, EA projections have it selling 50% less than anticipated and has been on sale 3 times in a month, which is unprecedented for a newer release.

Sure it is. I'm sure the movie is totally the reason why the game isn't selling well too.
And Assassins Creed: Origins, Wolfenstein II, COD WWII and many other new games are on sale on all platforms right now too. Some for even less than BF II depending on what edition you got.

I never said the movie is THE reason the game isn't selling well. I never even said the game isn't selling well. I am saying it could contribute to it and it absolutely would but we have no numbers on the sale of BFII right now so really its a completely pointless conversation right now. But if you don't believe the popularity of a movie (and right now the public is VERY mixed on TLJ) would impact the sales of a game you are wrong.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
the game was widely reporting as having shitty sales way before TLJ came out

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
>Game's selling well

I’ve been playing the game for a bit and loot boxes aside the game play/design and map design is f***ing horrible. Yes you have to grind to boost items and there’s ways around that (hint: sentry guns located in the perfect area picking off enemies). I have yet to see walkers destroyed because the maps have ion gun placements that are so horribly designed. I’m shocked that people haven’t been harping on this more.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
ive taken down the walkers a few times and got them close a few more. I think increasing the range on the ion/missile launchers would help. sometimes 100m range means you have to push right up into enemy territory when they first spawn. 125-130 metres wouild probably fix it

that being said, taking down the walkers is SUPPOSED to be difficult. they dont want games ending phase 1 half the time. you are basically trying to do enough damage to the walkers to deplete reinforcements for phase 2. my biggest issue is that the attackers always get 50 tickets back, and alot of the time the walkers dont take enough damage for the tickets to deplete my a noticeable amount (or at all). You need to get the walkers to at least 30% to be at all relevant and that doesnt happen enough. the range increase I suggested would help though. you would see a few more hits per game

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg

I agree with the first paragraph, my wife and I both play it and we're having a ton of fun. We play on side by side 65" and 70" tvs, which is pretty great.

Reactions: Lancer

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Lol I love how they had to adjust the payouts now that you can’t buy crates. Pretty big admission that the game was originally designed to sell crates. Removing the micro transactions just made it painfully obvious that the game is a total grindfest that was designed entirely, solely to sell crates. That was it’s only purpose. Total trash and I’m thrilled they got called on it and we’re forced to walk it back a bit.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Lol I love how they had to adjust the payouts now that you can’t buy crates. Pretty big admission that the game was originally designed to sell crates. Removing the micro transactions just made it painfully obvious that the game is a total grindfest that was designed entirely, solely to sell crates. That was it’s only purpose. Total trash and I’m thrilled they got called on it and we’re forced to walk it back a bit.
Sad that you think it was just designed to sell crates. All the people who actually play it are having a blast playing the best looking SW game ever made.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I actually play it. Over 150 hours now. I think its quite fun even if it needs work

it was ABSOLUTELY designed to sell crates

Reactions: Beau Knows

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad