Star Trek Picard Movie In The Works?

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I actually didn't hate it. It's the best Star Trek film since The Undiscovered Country.

Is it what I want Star Trek to be? No.

But I kind of enjoyed the first third or so of the movie. I liked hanging out with these characters on the Enterprise and getting a sense of what their daily life is like on the ship. It actually felt grounded.

Plus there was lots fly-by shots of the Enterprise. And I'm a sucker for a good docking sequence. I like how whimsical everything felt as we arrive at the Yorktown Starbase.

I liked the pacing. It was such a nice change from JJ Abram's manic non-stop action directing style.

I thought it had a little bit of heart as well.

The film loses me in the second half though. Too much action. It felt obligatory. I'd rather have seen a smaller story. The film's themes feel a bit contrived.

It's still the piece of Star Trek made since Enterprise went off the air.
My issue is, even if the film had moments, once they destroyed the Enterprise and turned it into a weird Generations hybrid, it's an automatic F.

It's a movie that is at best mediocre.

I still think First Contact is an OK film. I don't like it as much as others because it actually doesn't have enough ship to ship action, and the time travel gimmick was very misleading.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Part of the reason I hated everything after episode five of Season 3 Picard was how lazy and insignificant they made the entire movie era of TNG. It's basically like "the Enterprise-E, oh silly Worf, you got it blown up hahaa". No mention or implication of Worf's tenure as Captain, nothing with Geordi's career post Romulan Relocation.

Toybox Terry didn't care, and wiped it.

I'm not sure the TNG movies are that highly regarded outside of First Contact anyways. Destroying the Enterprise-D in Generations and killing Data in Nemesis stand out as moves I don't think fans liked very much and are okay with being "undone."

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I'm not sure the TNG movies are that highly regarded outside of First Contact anyways. Destroying the Enterprise-D in Generations and killing Data in Nemesis stand out as moves I don't think fans liked very much and are okay with being "undone."
As stated, I actually don't even think First Contact is that good of a movie. OK at best.

It's a very dangerous precedent to start undoing things and caving into fan pressure all the time. The last Star Wars movie was basically that.

The writers are supposed to write and create. You don't have to always give in to the fans and you don't always have to give the double birdie to the fans to. I think The Wire after a very bumpy fifth season in the perfect example of a satisfactory ending.

They killed Data again in Season One of Picard. They killed Q in Season Two. Let's bring them back because we have nothing else original to say.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3