News Article: Staples Center to be renamed starting December 25th

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Even though I dislike the name, the good thing is that in five years we'll get to have a new name for it after that site no longer exists because the owners closed up shop with everyone's money.
So, you like "There's One Born Every Minute Arena".

Reactions: tny760

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
20 year lease from a crypto currency company? Hope they got paid up front.
Why? If they go out of business and can’t pay I’m sure they forfeit their rights and then they can find some other sucker that pays 80 million a year instead of 35.

It’s called The American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

Reactions: Crosstraffic

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Everyone keeps saying that it’s the Lakers’ arena and that’s fair. But it’s really a hockey arena considering that the sightlines are truly angled for a hockey rink. Just like every other NBA/NHL aren like Wells Fargo Center and Ball Arena (formerly Pepsi Center).

BTW, Crypto.com means serious business with their marketing campaign when they have Matt f***ing Damon endorsing them.

ZJames

Jan 4, 2011
Dont worry about it
Everyone keeps saying that it’s the Lakers’ arena and that’s fair. But it’s really a hockey arena considering that the sightlines are truly angled for a hockey rink. Just like every other NBA/NHL aren like Wells Fargo Center and Ball Arena (formerly Pepsi Center).

BTW, Crypto.com means serious business with their marketing campaign when they have Matt f***ing Damon endorsing them.

OIP.RG63h0SdJoHlob3vHiM1AwHaEj

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland

Interstellar
The Martian
Saving Private Ryan

How much money have we spent on rescue missions for Matt f***ing Damon???? ;)

Ryan120420

Dec 2, 2010
Since they were in a position to change the name of Staples Center you would think they would have gone with "The Bryant Center" or "Kobe Arena/Center" presented by: (insert brand).

Had they gone that route, I don't think anyone would complain or have a problem.

Cyrpto.com Arena is such a horrible name.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Why? If they go out of business and can’t pay I’m sure they forfeit their rights and then they can find some other sucker that pays 80 million a year instead of 35.

It’s called The American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin
The Sweet James Bail Bonds and Sportatorium.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Since they were in a position to change the name of Staples Center you would think they would have gone with "The Bryant Center" or "Kobe Arena/Center" presented by: (insert brand).

Had they gone that route, I don't think anyone would complain or have a problem.

Cyrpto.com Arena is such a horrible name.
Sponsored by Carl’s Jr. we’re almost there….

fivehole32

Kicking rebounds to the slot
Jan 11, 2015
The Bloods will not be happy about this name. They are going to want their own named building. Don't think Bloodo.com sounds very good though.

Reactions: lumbergh

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
Could you imagine if instead of calling the "." in .com as "dot", it was "nomi"

So now we'd have the name Cryptonomicom. Our unofficial mascot would be either
this

91faByZU8OL._SY445_.jpg

or
army_hand0001.jpg

I'd much rather have Ash from housewares because Ash rocks!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad