News Article: Staples Center to be renamed starting December 25th

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
I could call the Forum the "Great Western" Forum, because it's in the west, and hockey is pretty great.

I've never liked Staples Center. I still call the building in Anaheim the Pond.

But this name is just the worst. I'm not using it. Might as well call it "Magic Douchemoney Scam Artist Arena"

I think I'm just gonna call it The Castle and up everyone else's tailpipe for all I care.
Coulda been worse I guess, coulda been NFT.com Arena. ;)

Reactions: bland

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
IS there any name they would have given that would have made you fist pump and give a hell yeah?
Yes. Several

First
Who wouldn't love the Analtech Center?
Analtechsign2.jpg

Others
The I Can't Believe it's not butter Arena would have been popping!
The Preparation H Arena

Cockram Place!
4fe8cd5c6bb3f73c7d000002

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Yeah absolutely, but most of that buying online is through Amazon. Particularly if you're talking about printer ink or paper, or whatever else places like Staples sell. 1-2 delivery on practically anything is tough to beat.
No, that's not true. Amazon is the largest single ecommerce platform, but they don't make up the majority of online sales overall.

BTW, most of the stuff you buy on Amazon comes from small individual sellers; not Amazon itself. Just like eBay. The difference is Amazon handles the fulfillment in exchange for a fee.

Reactions: Lt Dan

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
The name itself sucks but the spinoffs are great. We all know it'll be dubbed the Crypt or something like that, which is awesome in my opinion.

Otherwise, I don't give a shit what it's called. 99% of us would change our name to crypto.com for $700 million too.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
When I was a kid I didn't even know The Great Western Forum was referring to a bank. It just sounded cool.

Same thing with the Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim.

I didn't know Nascar Winston Cup was cigarettes. Again, it just sounded cool.

I'll always remember Bob Miller's voice in the beginning of each Prime Ticket broadcast "Live from the Great Western Forum in Inglewood California." Crypto.com Arena just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Dont care and no one else should care...really who gives a rip about corporate naming rights?

IS there any name they would have given that would have made you fist pump and give a hell yeah?

The Skippy Azur Money Arena! [ points to anyone who get the reference]:laugh:

Last edited:

fivehole32

Kicking rebounds to the slot
Jan 11, 2015
I prefer Tulip Bulb Mania Arena or Beanie Baby Place.

Everyone is going to be a billionaire as long as there is a counter party on the other side to get your money out of it.

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
At least it's not Little Ceasars arena.

I wish more of these folks could recognize the value of a name like Dodger Stadium, a place where athletes and fans can be proud to call home. Instead, like everything else, it's all about squeezing every last little red cent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad