GDT: Stanley Cup playoffs

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
Seeing Stone hoisting the cup makes me feel a little something. Very happy for him. Congrats to Vegas and their captain.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
What did Bieksa say about those gruelling OT games?

Yeah, forget the layoff - I bet half that team has a torn something and a broken something.

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
Hurts cause it would have been here. Guy is a winner.
What makes you think that if Stone stays here we would have won the cup? Stone decided that it was best for his career to move on. I'm happy for him he was a good player for us I just wish we would've got something better in return.

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
idiot team 1 the last 10 years: Buffalo... They send Eichel to Vegas, star player, key to wining a cup. Pretty much get nothing back
idiot team 4 the last 10 years: Ottawa... They send Stone to Vegas, star player, heart and Soul. Pretty much get nothing back.

the bottom 5 teams have missed the playoffs pretty regularly the last 10 years.. the Top 10 teams have a combined 6-7 cups and a further 4-5 trips.. So about 10-12 trips to the final series. Vegas is on the list. As is Boston, Pitts, Tampa and Wash.

On behalf of Vegas, thank you Ottawa and Buffalo..

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
So happy for this guy. Leaf angry fans never gave home a chance

Phil Kessel was playing? Where the f was I.

Nothing but joy seeing Stone lift the cup. Wish he did it for Ottawa as our captain, but super pumped that he won a cup regardless! Hope his back issues heal up asap.
That was very cool to see.

On the same day the Senators are sold, Stone, the poster boy for the painful rebuild, gets a cup. Good for him.

Now we just need to move on from Brannstrom and we can all forget that nightmare.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Phil Kessel was playing? Where the f was I.

That was very cool to see.

On the same day the Senators are sold, Stone, the poster boy for the painful rebuild, gets a cup. Good for him.

Now we just need to move on from Brannstrom and we can all forget that nightmare.

I'm always confused by how hard people are on Brann and I believe that this is the biggest reason people want him gone. Even though he has been one of of our best 3rd pairing d in the last 15 years.

for 3 seasons he stepped into the top 4 role and exceeded expectations but it seems like the majority are happy to dump him for a 2nd or 3rd even though we still have questionable 3rd pair depth and an injury prone top 4.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I'm always confused by how hard people are on Brann and I believe that this is the biggest reason people want him gone. Even though he has been one of of our best 3rd pairing d in the last 15 years.

for 3 seasons he stepped into the top 4 role and exceeded expectations but it seems like the majority are happy to dump him for a 2nd or 3rd even though we still have questionable 3rd pair depth and an injury prone top 4.

Hey I won't tell you guys how to feel about him. All good if you like him.

I don't not like him, he's a top 6 regular season defender without question imo, just not the type of player I want on a 3rd pairing, specifically when playoffs roll around, and I don't think he ever really belongs higher in a lineup on any team looking to seriously contend. Watching this years playoffs gave me a lot of pause to think a guy like Brannstrom can be effective when it counts.

And ya, of course the sting of him being the return for Stone will never not be disappointing, but that part was mostly in jest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad