Stanley Cup Playoffs: Round 1 | New York Islanders vs Carolina Hurricanes Series Discussion

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Ishakov should play if Pageau cant go. Go balls out
I think they will play clutter there to start and if it doesn’t work switch czikas and Holm with clutt moving back to the wing

All 15 picked Carolina over the Islanders...

Not really surprising. On paper this is a rough match up for isles. I’m surprised at how few picked the oilers to win it.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Ever try to play hockey on paper? With skates?

I'll be watching game 1 at Newark Airport. Please don't make being in Newark Airport any worse than it already is.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
A few thoughts in the final hours,

First of all, f*** these day start times. This should be a Friday night game; at the very least, Sat night. Only benefit to starting a day later is injury recovery/ Roy prep.

My apologies if this has already been posted, haven't read the recent updates.

Any updates on Dobson, Barzal, and JPG?

Without these three, or 2/3 compromised, those predictions of Canes in 4/5 will come true, seriously. At the least, let's have all three playing compromised. I'll settle for that. This team needs all it's horses, even three-legged.

Varly should start game 1. My concern is his inconsistency and lateral mobility. He's playing big in the net, he looks confident, he's tracking the puck well. The Canes play with quick puck movement attack, laterally; that's the concern. I hope he goes on a JS Giguere run; I absolutely truly do. Worst case scenario, Sorokin uses the opportunity coming in as a refresh. He brought in his Russian goalie coach in recently.

Playing aggressively in all three zones is key. That's Roy's systemically, that's the biggest difference I see. As I noted previously, I am curious to see how this system matches Brindy's quite similar system. They need to be puck wolves (without overdoing it); every moment of the game. No passiveness, the Canes will play laps around them.

Lastly, I love the New York Islanders like everyone here. I bleed Orange, White, and Blue. I have since I was 10; they won their last Cup the year I was born. I keep using that as manifestation for future outcomes.

Oh, and furthermore, regardless of what occurs, this team needs an infusion of talent. Lou will be back.

Edit: Appreciating the opportunity to do this.

Last edited:

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island

Attachments

• f16b079222f39faec1afb387f6a5c65e-4029069959.jpg
    f16b079222f39faec1afb387f6a5c65e-4029069959.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 2
  • 082320-1985-Yamaha-YT125-Tri-Moto-1.jpg
    082320-1985-Yamaha-YT125-Tri-Moto-1.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Bones45

Potvottier

Jan 3, 2024
The oddsmakers were wrong this season, just like every other season. Why give them the power of life and death?

Well, kiss my grits, oddsmakers! Life is not lived on paper!

There are lots of very good teams, and it's no secret that to win, a lot of things have to go right.

I'm pretty sure that at minimum, there is one team that really does not want to play us. And their name rhymes with Strangers... :nod:

Lek

Nov 25, 2006
Raleigh
Found this interesting....watching the latest presser from Brind'Amore. Asked about goalies and basically who will be starting and will there be a split ans so on.... (basically as another presser that like ours are hard to hear the questions)....but he said that is not really his call, goalie coach (assuming as i do not know their staff) makes those calls. They will discuss, but he took this off his own plate some time ago. Also that they are on the same page most of the time and will discuss if not.

Reactions: MarsTBOW

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
A few thoughts in the final hours,

First of all, f*** these day start times. This should be a Friday night game; at the very least, Sat night. Only benefit to starting a day later is injury recovery/ Roy prep.

My apologies if this has already been posted, haven't read the recent updates.

Any updates on Dobson, Barzal, and JPG?

Without these three, or 2/3 compromised, those predictions of Canes in 4/5 will come true, seriously. At the least, let's have all three playing compromised. I'll settle for that. This team needs all it's horses, even three-legged.

Varly should start game 1. My concern is his inconsistency and lateral mobility. He's playing big in the net, he looks confident, he's tracking the puck well. The Canes play with quick puck movement attack, laterally; that's the concern. I hope he goes on a JS Giguere run; I absolutely truly do. Worst case scenario, Sorokin uses the opportunity coming in as a refresh. He brought in his Russian goalie coach in recently.

Playing aggressively in all three zones is key. That's Roy's systemically, that's the biggest difference I see. As I noted previously, I am curious to see how this system matches Brindy's quite similar system. They need to be puck wolves (without overdoing it); every moment of the game. No passiveness, the Canes will play laps around them.

Lastly, I love the New York Islanders like everyone here. I bleed Orange, White, and Blue. I have since I was 10; they won their last Cup the year I was born. I keep using that as manifestation for future outcomes.

Oh, and furthermore, regardless of what occurs, this team needs an infusion of talent. Lou will be back.

Edit: Appreciating the opportunity to do this.

Last edited:

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Isles obviously winning, Levy has them winning in 6, he has literally never been wrong since 2015 when he has picked them to win a series

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
The middle tier is also like 3/4 of the league.

In 4 games, not over 4 games.
If my facetiousness did not come across with the eleventy billion percent, my apologies lol

Ever try to play hockey on paper? With skates?

I'll be watching game 1 at Newark Airport. Please don't make being in Newark Airport any worse than it already is.
Don’t tell that to Dom L. He might make some fancy stats about how he could kick your ass/60

Potvottier

Jan 3, 2024
Happy with everything except the result.
I was happy that they were competing hard.

Anderson saved their asses, IMO.

We can beat them.

Referees seem like they are picking on the Isles, ever since we kicked the snot out of the Leafs, back in 2002.

It was glorious! I am normally not a violent guy, but Corson and Tucker deserved every bit of the shit they got thrown at them. And more.

LGI!!!

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
I was happy that they were competing hard.

Anderson saved their asses, IMO.

We can beat them.

Referees seem like they are picking on the Isles, ever since we kicked the snot out of the Leafs, back in 2002.

It was glorious! I am normally not a violent guy, but Corson and Tucker deserved every bit of the shit they got thrown at them. And more.

LGI!!!

This was a Pivot Point with the Zebras in my mind too.
All we want is a fair shake and let the chips fall where they may fall.

Reactions: Potvottier

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
i am absolutely SHOCKED that the first two minutes gave way to not only a horrible penalty, but a terrible goal as well.

They played well but man i just hate these refs. And the fact they called that on Palmieri is sickening.

Reactions: Tres Peleches

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I liked that they didn't go out of their way trying to throw big hits or being overly physical. This team needs to play a very disciplined game if they want to have any chance at winning the series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad