Stanley Cup Playoffs: Round 1 | New York Islanders vs Carolina Hurricanes Series Discussion

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
1713290275909.png

We'll set up a GDT as soon as the information becomes available. For all other series related information please use this thread.

Reactions: xECK29x

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
The Islanders need to whip their cocks out and shove it down Carolina all series long.

and throw in their balls Stormy Daniels style for good measure

Keeping it classy Isles fans.

I’d just like to add that if the first part is big enough, the second part won’t fit.

On a more serious note, I actually don’t mind this matchup considering some of the alternatives. We know this team well and considering our recent play, I think we have more than a fighting chance here.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
no draft party?

Just really think they don't match up well at all vrs the canes. Game 1 should be interesting. Does Roy play #17?

Martin needs to be very limited if he does play. His turning/agility is so bad and a team like Carolina will take full advantage of that.

Reactions: BelovedIsles

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
no draft party?

Just really think they don't match up well at all vrs the canes. Game 1 should be interesting. Does Roy play #17?
Roy is much better at strategy than Lambert. In its most basic form, he yanked Sorokin after giving him a long leash. That move alone has the Isles in the playoffs.

I see the isles rattling Carolina early taking game 1 and 2. Almost like the Pens/Bruins series.

Reactions: NYI365 and mm11

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Anyone else already wanting to coldcock Brind’Amour and his super punchable whiny face? The one he always makes to curry calls in his favor.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
The Islanders need to whip their cocks out and shove it down Carolina all series long.

Post #3 in this thread and not sure we'll have a more aggressive one than that.

Wish the Isles came out that aggresive in games.*

*And finished that aggressive, but given how that pun might be taken I had to put it in the fine print.

Fire Lou?

Win a playoff round?

Reactions: YearlyLottery

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
Dont @ me, but have this feeling we take both games on the road. We are in wagon mode. Anderson vs. Varlamov? We have to have the advantage, no? And plus, no mayfield to dive all over the ice all series long. That in itself cost us 2 games.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Not so fast. Andersen has gone 9-1 since returning from injury.
True, but that's regular season vs. playoffs. Last I checked, "Andersen" is not spelled "Smith". ;)

Until proven otherwise, I'll say the Canes' #1 goalie is the 3rd best goalie in the series.

Reactions: MarsTBOW

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Anyone with a stathead account, go check out the saves/goals stats Brind'amor had vs Roy and then call Brind'amor a loser...unless he owned Roy for some reason; in which case, don't post the stats.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad