Stanley Cup Playoffs: Round 1 | New York Islanders vs Carolina Hurricanes Series Discussion

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
We will need Palms, Nelson, and Engvall to stay hot to have any shot at winning.

On another note was Mayfield shipped to Robidas island?
He has season ending surgery, believe it was an ankle that got injury within the first two weeks.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
We will need Palms, Nelson, and Engvall to stay hot to have any shot at winning.

On another note was Mayfield shipped to Robidas island?

This is just my opinion but I believe Mayfield was playing hurt since the first original injury he got early on in the season. He tried playing through it and it ended up keeping him out the entire year. Mayfield will come back next year and will be a better version of Bortuzzo. This all being said another playoff year in the Lou era. This core really has to slay the dragon in Carolina and anything less than a Cup should equate to someone from the core getting dealt.

I think this series comes down to mainly three things:

1.) Is Patrick Roy enough of an upgrade to Lambert to give us the edge
2.) Have they solved their third period woes
3.) Is the PK/PP going to be better then Carolina

This team blew two third period leads at home and lost in OT of both if I remember correctly. Carolina got quite the non call on a missed Mayfield high stick on one of them as well. I am not bringing this up to make excuses but simply to say these two teams played much tighter than I think we all remember.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
FWIW as we head into the playoffs...

Coaching Stats 23-24:
  • Lane Lambert (45 games): 19-15-11 (.544)
  • Patrick Roy (37 games): 20-12-5 (.608)

Reactions: chico19341

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Quick anecdote- I can fly to Raleigh Saturday morning for about $120. Plenty of seats available. But I can’t fly back on Sunday. Sold out. Multiple airlines. wtf? Why are lots of people coming here from NC on Sunday?

gordie43

Nov 21, 2008
This is just my opinion but I believe Mayfield was playing hurt since the first original injury he got early on in the season. He tried playing through it and it ended up keeping him out the entire year. Mayfield will come back next year and will be a better version of Bortuzzo. This all being said another playoff year in the Lou era. This core really has to slay the dragon in Carolina and anything less than a Cup should equate to someone from the core getting dealt.

I think this series comes down to mainly three things:

1.) Is Patrick Roy enough of an upgrade to Lambert to give us the edge
2.) Have they solved their third period woes
3.) Is the PK/PP going to be better then Carolina

This team blew two third period leads at home and lost in OT of both if I remember correctly. Carolina got quite the non call on a missed Mayfield high stick on one of them as well. I am not bringing this up to make excuses but simply to say these two teams played much tighter than I think we all remember.
That and a 1 for 18 power play. Mistake free isles should make this a good series.

Start taking penalties this series won’t go to long.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Rumor is game 2 tues. Game 3 fri.
Take with a grain of salt but my rep said they have been discussing that game 3 and 4 would be next Thurs and Saturday (but that was nothing official and dont think they truly knew)

I dont think UBS has any conflicts with other events but I think there is a concert at PNC on Monday night, so unless they can move the concert , based on what my rep said, guessing first 4 games are 5/20 (Sat) , 5/23 (Tues) , 5/25 (Thurs) and 5/27 (Saturday) .. now watch it be completely different.

I dont think that it would make sense to have 2 days off in between both games 2 and 3 (Sat, Tues, Fri) but your guess is as good as mine. We should know for sure by later tonight.

Reactions: seafoam

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Quick anecdote- I can fly to Raleigh Saturday morning for about $120. Plenty of seats available. But I can’t fly back on Sunday. Sold out. Multiple airlines. wtf? Why are lots of people coming here from NC on Sunday?

In past playoffs, hasn't Carolina tried to place some zip code restrictions on visiting team's fans from purchasing seats or do I misremember? If so, are they doing the same this year?

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Maybe work travelers - standard Sunday night fly out and Thurs night return home?

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Because Sunday is the day before Passover. Lots of people flying to and from NY.

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
Take with a grain of salt but my rep said they have been discussing that game 3 and 4 would be next Thurs and Saturday (but that was nothing official and dont think they truly knew)

I dont think UBS has any conflicts with other events but I think there is a concert at PNC on Monday night, so unless they can move the concert , based on what my rep said, guessing first 4 games are 5/20 (Sat) , 5/23 (Tues) , 5/25 (Thurs) and 5/27 (Saturday) .. now watch it be completely different.

I dont think that it would make sense to have 2 days off in between both games 2 and 3 (Sat, Tues, Fri) but your guess is as good as mine. We should know for sure by later tonight.

My info also came from a season ticket rep. So who knows. 🤷‍♂️

where you getting this from?

dippin dots guy is back

Dippin dots...lol

I heard from a STH who spoke to her rep. Like i said just a rumor.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
In past playoffs, hasn't Carolina tried to place some zip code restrictions on visiting team's fans from purchasing seats or do I misremember? If so, are they doing the same this year?
On stibhub, when you are getting seats, it asks who you’re rooting for. Pro tip - just click the home team.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Hate to say it but I think we'll miss Scott Mayfield here.

Dude transformed in the postseason.

NO, DAD!
I dont think we will if we get to see Bortuzzo play like he can. Just play defense. Scotty has been dreadful this entire year after that injury, lets have him rest up. This is audition time for our defense period.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
C’mon…

Ur better than this…
h6Yl03q.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad