Stanley Cup Playoffs megathread

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Went to bed early last night and woke up seeing that my choice to not watch almost any playoff games was worth it.

No way in hell I'm watching a game during the finals unless Montreal ends up 3-0, 3-1, or 3-2 in a series and is going for the upset; so in other words, see ya next season, hockey. :laugh:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Habs fans are surprisingly cocky about this series. Comparing Tampa to Winnipeg, Toronto, and Vegas. They're in for a rude awakening if they think those teams are even close to Tampa

Would take a really epic collapse or some very significant injuries for Tampa to lose

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Corey Perry pulling another bubble team into the Final. Maybe should have re-signed him after all :sarcasm:

Reactions: Kipper 17

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Habs fans are surprisingly cocky about this series. Comparing Tampa to Winnipeg, Toronto, and Vegas. They're in for a rude awakening if they think those teams are even close to Tampa

Would take a really epic collapse or some very significant injuries for Tampa to lose
Honestly , I think Price could steal this series .

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
I mean, we know because we were that team last year. And we've played Tampa. Montreal hasn't played Tampa since...what before the pandemic? They don't know what playing Tampa is like, we do.

I think people really underrate the fact that, Tampa's defense has a strong argument for the league's best defense, in addition to whatever you call their offense. And their defense usually gets less involved offensively so they'll likely sit further back, which will allow them to better stifle the counterattack. That's where most of Montreal's offense comes from. Tampa in kind have more tools to strike in transition or on the counterattack. I wouldn't be displeased if Montreal won, I love that group of Weber, Chiarot, Petry, Edmundson in conjunction with Danault. But Tampa is a whole new beast, while I wasn't thrilled about the little move they did with the cap, I can't really be mad because they're unquestionably the best built team from a GM perspective in the league.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
The Stars signing Coleman though will depend entirely on whether he wants to be here or whether he wants as big of a paycheck as he can get. He will certainly get bigger offers elsewhere imo but hopefully he just wants to be in Dallas.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
The Stars signing Coleman though will depend entirely on whether he wants to be here or whether he wants as big of a paycheck as he can get. He will certainly get bigger offers elsewhere imo but hopefully he just wants to be in Dallas.

Not like he would get shafted in Dallas either, money wise. Surely someone with loads of cap might swing for a massive overpayment, but I doubt that the actually offers this year will be as such.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
The Habs offense is basically one and done. No belief in this team to score 2 goals tonight

Yeah their run has been dependent on the fact that other teams tighten down defensively so scoring is low. They capitalize on defensive breakdowns and Tampa doesn’t do that shit often

Suzuki did score to be fair but the point still stands

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
So many Tampa players I'd love to have in Dallas and they aren't just their superstars.

McDonagh, Gourde, Coleman, Goodrow, etc

Especially those first 3. Goodrow is like a slightly more skilled Blake Comeau

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I'm glad the Stars put up more of a fight than this, cause this is hard to watch. Habs aren't even close to the level Tampa is on

This was so predictable though.

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Montreal was riding a hot streak and now they are going up against a juggernaut that has already beaten three teams better than them.

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
yea, this final is trash
how awesome would it be to see mtl win 4 straight though because anyone but tbl :\

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
The cap situation just sucks for everyone. Not that they needed the extra help. For the league to not have hammered that shit out after all these years is bush league.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The purely divisional play this season kind of made it hard to evaluate the teams. Now looking at it the West and the North just weren't very good. The West had 5 bad teams and the North was all around meh. Avs and Vegas got the best records in the league by beating up the horrible California teams.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
The purely divisional play this season kind of made it hard to evaluate the teams. Now looking at it the West and the North just weren't very good. The West had 5 bad teams and the North was all around meh. Avs and Vegas got the best records in the league by beating up the horrible California teams.
If only Dallas would have been put in the proper division instead of getting screwed and put in the central. St. Louis should have been in the central and Dallas out west. Not saying Dallas would be in the cup but they would have made the playoffs cause they could have beaten up on that sad division.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad