Stanley Cup Playoffs Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
One of the few times they were able to get a shot through from the point tonight and Brown tips it home. Excellent stuff!

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
ahhh all is right in the world tonight.. I would love a sweep but think 5 is realistic

I can live with 5, that means the season is over by next Friday. Something about hockey in June that is tiring(I honestly wish the league would start the season in September so the season ends in May).

Islanderfan17

Aug 24, 2010
It ain't over til' it's over. I've been looking at this series that way and I hope the Kings are as well. Getting this third win will be huge and preferably they do it this coming game.

scott99

May 13, 2005
The Kings haven't exactly dominated...the series is far from over.

I have to agree with this. I thought LA would dominate, but the Rangers have played them dead even, and seem faster than LA. Now they play the next 2 at home, would not be shocked to see the Rangers win the next 2. Would love to see LA get a split in NY, but I think the Rangers win the next 2. Though they've made great saves, Lundqvist and Quick look human.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
The rags fans tears on their board right is priceless for an isles fan :)

You're right. They should be more like us, with a club that won't spend over the floor, an owner that could care less if Tavares was hit by a bus tomorrow except for the insurance implications, and a coach who couldn't make toast if he lived in a bakery, over a dairy, next to a knife factory.

Yeah, those suckers, making to the Stanley Cup and all that stuff.

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006
I have to agree with this. I thought LA would dominate, but the Rangers have played them dead even, and seem faster than LA. Now they play the next 2 at home, would not be shocked to see the Rangers win the next 2. Would love to see LA get a split in NY, but I think the Rangers win the next 2. Though they've made great saves, Lundqvist and Quick look human.

I think Quick has been the better of the goalies. Game one he only gave up one goal to the Rangers and one to Voynov. Today he made that bone head play behind his net to give up a goal, but he made some spectacular saves as well.

The Queen looks great when they shoot it right at him, but he has not gotten into the King's head which is half the battle.

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006
You're right. They should be more like us, with a club that won't spend over the floor, an owner that could care less if Tavares was hit by a bus tomorrow except for the insurance implications, and a coach who couldn't make toast if he lived in a bakery, over a dairy, next to a knife factory.

Yeah, those suckers, making to the Stanley Cup and all that stuff.

Do not ruin the sweet sweet taste of Ranger tears by bringing up the reality of the Isles situation.

:laugh:

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
The Kings haven't exactly dominated...the series is far from over.

Yup...until Gary Bettman says "Dustin Brown, come get the Stanley Cup", the rags have a shot. Both these games have been very tight. Though if the Kings can split at MSG I will feel a lot more confident

Was at a bar in Floral Park watching the game. Me and a few of my friends who are isles fans were literally the only people in the bar who cheered when the Kings scored. The silence from all the ranger fans was great. Plus there was a good amount of eye candy from all the people who went there after the Belmont Stakes...good night. Only way it could have been better is if I got a girl to go home with me lol

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

I figured this series was going to be really tight, with the Kings finding ways to win (have the Kings winning in 5). So far, I've been right. We'll see how well the Kings and Rangers respond in game 3.

And for anyone wanting to see that 3rd goal by the Kings, here it is:

856074234.gif

scott99

May 13, 2005
I figured this series was going to be really tight, with the Kings finding ways to win (have the Kings winning in 5). So far, I've been right. We'll see how well the Kings and Rangers respond in game 3.

856074234.gif

Lots of no calls in this series so far. Reasons for both sides to be pissed. That definately looks like goalie interference, but to play Devil's advocate, you could say McDonagh pushes him into Lundqvist. Tough call. Same as the guy shooting the puck over the glass. Sure looked like it went out without touching the glass. Kings been getting the breaks and non calls. But to be good, you have to be lucky too.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008

856074234.gif

That's interference, sorry.

Oh well. Go Kings go!

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
It was no more interference than when Nabokov covered the puck clearly and the opponent dug it out from under his glove with no stoppage in play.

Play in the NHL, die by their uneven hand of judgement.

LetsGoIslanders

Mar 6, 2005
NYC
As for the goaltender interference, it could go either way. I don't think the Kings player wanted to collide into Lundqvist. He was looking for a way out of the crease and the Rangers player checked him into Henrik.

Nash acted as he was shot after he collided with Williams. Lundqvist was interfered with behind the net, and he acted like he tore his knee up. Either way, the Rangers couldn't convert on the PP.

Lundqvist is the better goaltender. He has kept the Kings from blowing the Rangers out of the building. Quick isn't known for technical goaltending, and it showed tonight.

The Kings just need to steal one game at MSG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad