Stanley Cup Playoffs Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Get on Girardi as much as you want (and it was an ill-advised pass) but McDonaugh didnt do him any favors leaving the zone beforehand trying to create an odd man rush. Sort of put Girardi in the awkward position of either of having to attempt a homerun pass or going back and eating the puck in the boards with two Kings breathing down his neck.

Girardi gets that puck out 99.9% of the time in that situation. He happened to slip and fall, which completely changed the scenario. You can't blame his teammates for having left the zone.

DeanCorso

Feb 20, 2014
Canada
But the Rangers should be used to playing on bad ice....MSG anyone?

But thats the Rangers fans for you!! the kings of arrogance.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Another 2-0 hole for the Kings. Lets see if they can rally the troops again.

KasparsHipCheck

Feb 9, 2013
upstate ny
:laugh: Let's hear it for the dreaded 2 goal lead.

In all seriousness, I think there is something wrong with Girardi physically. LA is targeting him every time he touches the puck. I don't think he is 100%. So far, "the King" has bailed out the NYR's completely--Toffoli had the whole top half of the net open and missed wide:shakehead.
How is it that a little guy like Zuccarello can win so many puck battles, Kopitar didn't even see him standing directly in front of him, beside the net. He didn't even realize he was there, on that second goal.
Bad D by the R's, Klein should have bailed Hank out according the Ranger crowd that I am watching this game with, blah. 2-1.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Terrible 4th goal to let in by the Kings. I'm really not a fan of goalies coming out to play the puck unless they are 100% certain they can handle it clean. On a rolling puck, with pressure coming, why even risk it? You're not doing your defense that much of a favor to begin with.

I don't see the Kings coming back if the Rangers keep the pressure up, but if they try and sit on it...this one may come down to the wire.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Kings tilt the ice in the 3rd, make a run at a comeback. They have not been playing serious Kings hockey all of the time with a lot of improvisation and sloppiness.
They may regret it if they fall short tonight.

KasparsHipCheck

Feb 9, 2013
upstate ny
Terrible 4th goal to let in by the Kings. I'm really not a fan of goalies coming out to play the puck unless they are 100% certain they can handle it clean. On a rolling puck, with pressure coming, why even risk it? You're not doing your defense that much of a favor to begin with.

I don't see the Kings coming back if the Rangers keep the pressure up, but if they try and sit on it...this one may come down to the wire.

This seems to be Quick's achille's heal. When the Kings have ended up getting shelled a few times over the course of the season, Quick was usually responsible for at least one bad goal, by trying to be too aggressive playing the puck. Did you notice that "the King" isn't coming out of the crease this game, he had a few close calls last game, and against MTL.

4-3. What a battle in front of the net.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Man, I'd really love to get Stralman regardless if we sign Boyle or not.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Agreed. I wanted him a couple years ago when he was a free agent. Him and Boyle would be solid signings.

Unfortunately, I don't see Snow adding two more guys on defense because of the prospects we have in the system. I don't neccesarily agree with it because Stralman is essentially entering his prime, but I totally understand it. Mayfield, Pokka, etc are all safe projections to be in the NHL in 1-2 years.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
This game is crazy. Getting that 3rd goal early in the period was a huge lift for the Kings.

KasparsHipCheck

Feb 9, 2013
upstate ny
Kings are unreal, regardless of who they are playing. Whether they are down 2-0 in a game or 3-0 in a series, it doesn't seem to bother them one bit. This is a team with mental toughness, that simply can't be matched.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Muzzin seems to make some boneheaded decisions out there. He scares me every time he tries to make the first pass out of his own zone.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I can't believe they called that penalty on Williams. You could see Nash look at him and then skate right toward him. Not sure what the ref was thinking. The commentators seemed to imply that it may have been a make up call for something else, but not sure what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad