Status
Not open for further replies.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
That's interference, sorry.

Oh well. Go Kings go!

It def could have gone either way. McD did push King at first, and as fans, we have the benefit of dozens of replays from numerous angles. At game speed, especially from where the ref was standing, it probably looked liked McD shoved King into Lundqvist.

I see some rags fans saying this is their version of the Hull 1999 goal :facepalm:

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Could easily be 2-0 LA 1-1 or 2-0 Rags.

Lets see what happens when they play at home

They need to win 4/5 and the kings only need to win2/5.

Questionable calls on both sides. I thought the Krieder breakaway should have been a penalty shot or a minor.

I still think the kings take the series and at least one in New York.

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
Yup...until Gary Bettman says "Dustin Brown, come get the Stanley Cup", the rags have a shot. Both these games have been very tight. Though if the Kings can split at MSG I will feel a lot more confident

Was at a bar in Floral Park watching the game. Me and a few of my friends who are isles fans were literally the only people in the bar who cheered when the Kings scored. The silence from all the ranger fans was great. Plus there was a good amount of eye candy from all the people who went there after the Belmont Stakes...good night. Only way it could have been better is if I got a girl to go home with me lol

Which bar? Me and my friends hang out there all the time because it's walkable for us. Watched it tonight at my friends house but driving home noticed the eye candy on tulip.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
I'd hate to see the Kings if they ever get rolling.:yo:

The Kings are playing in spurts.
What they need is a wake up call...lose game 3 and then they close it out with dominating wins in games 4 and 5.

Rangers suck

giddy up*

What they need is a wake up call...lose game 3 and then they close it out with dominating wins in games 4 and 5.

Rangers suck

They play better when they're angry. After Lundqvist flopped the Kings got noticeably pissed off (compounded by the fact that Nash dove just a few minutes earlier). Was hilarious when Stoll went up to Lundqvist and told him he's a *****. I wish the kings played 60 angry minutes.

Space Herpe

Arch Duke of Raleigh
Aug 29, 2008
I went over to the Rags board a bit and found when the interference could've/might've happened...every post from then on out is blaming the refs for the Rags losing.

If someone suggests the Kings are the better team, or that the Rags aren't playing as well as they could, they are ignored or put down in quoted replies.

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006
I went over to the Rags board a bit and found when the interference could've/might've happened...every post from then on out is blaming the refs for the Rags losing.

If someone suggests the Kings are the better team, or that the Rags aren't playing as well as they could, they are ignored or put down in quoted replies.

Shocking. :laugh:

I have to give credit to the Rangers. I thought the Kings would wipe the floor with them. Kind of reminiscent of the Kings-Coyotes series in 2012 in terms of play and feel.

scott99

May 13, 2005

Rangers suck

I wish the Islanders sucked as much as the Rangers.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I figured this series was going to be really tight, with the Kings finding ways to win (have the Kings winning in 5). So far, I've been right. We'll see how well the Kings and Rangers respond in game 3.

And for anyone wanting to see that 3rd goal by the Kings, here it is:

856074234.gif

IDK the rule book definition of "goaltender interference", but I see King legally trying to get to the front of the net, and it's McDonagh who pushes him into the crease, and then Lundquist moves into King when he's trying to make the save. King didn't initiate the contact with Lundquist - he was only in his way when he was trying to make the save. And King was in Lundquist's way because McDonagh pushed him there. I don't see how that can be a penalty on King or a disallowed goal.

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006
IDK the rule book definition of "goaltender interference", but I see King legally trying to get to the front of the net, and it's McDonagh who pushes him into the crease, and then Lundquist moves into King when he's trying to make the save. King didn't initiate the contact with Lundquist - he was only in his way when he was trying to make the save. And King was in Lundquist's way because McDonagh pushed him there. I don't see how that can be a penalty on King or a disallowed goal.

Someone gets it!!!!

scott99

May 13, 2005

I actually thought the Kings would dominate, a couple of 5-2 or 4-1 wins. But they haven't. Either team could have won either game. Could easily be 1-1 or 2-0 Rangers. I don't think either team has played their best hockey, Lundqvist has given up 8 goals and Quick has given up 6. Very sloppy defense by both teams. Sooner or later, one of those teams has to tighten up defensively and give up only 1 or 0 goals. That being said, I'm very happy with the results, and it's some of the most exciting, heart pounding hockey. Props to the Rangers, I underestimated how good they are (threw up in my mouth typing that).

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008

I definitely disagree. King is trying to get to the front of the net, and McDonagh is at the corner of the crease obviously trying to prevent him. King then chooses the route that is between McD and Lundqvist to wiggle his way through the front of the net. You see the point where their hands meet in when they initiate contact. Then King takes two propelling strides with his right skate because he sees the shot coming and he wants to wiggle his way past McDonagh, who can't see the shot. Unfortunately, that way is through the crease (which King entered on his own to initiate contact with McD) and it prevents Lundqvist from making the save.

McD does his job. He basically boxes King out of the crease. It's exactly what he's supposed to do. It forces King to not be able to get to the front of the net. King either needs to stay on that side of the net because he's boxed out, or try and go around McD the other way. He can't just go through the crease and through Lundqvist.

A push is when a defender actually pushes the guy onto the goalie, which we've all seen.

Just calling it as I see it.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I actually thought the Kings would dominate, a couple of 5-2 or 4-1 wins. But they haven't. Either team could have won either game. Could easily be 1-1 or 2-0 Rangers. I don't think either team has played their best hockey, Lundqvist has given up 8 goals and Quick has given up 6. Very sloppy defense by both teams. Sooner or later, one of those teams has to tighten up defensively and give up only 1 or 0 goals. That being said, I'm very happy with the results, and it's some of the most exciting, heart pounding hockey. Props to the Rangers, I underestimated how good they are (threw up in my mouth typing that).

The Rangers showed up for sure. I just hope that these two OT/2OT losses take the wind out of their sails. LA has had a tough road unlike their stomping through like a couple of years ago.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Which bar? Me and my friends hang out there all the time because it's walkable for us. Watched it tonight at my friends house but driving home noticed the eye candy on tulip.

Normally we go to J. Fallon's to shoot pool but it was mobbed last night so we were at Jack Duggans cuz it has that big projector screen

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL

Goaltender interference to call back a goal isn't a penalty. A player can't prevent the goaltender from being able to make a save. He wasn't forced into Lundqvist, he skated in front of him. I hate the Rags as much as anybody else, but objectively I don't see how that wasn't interference.

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006
I can't take Doc anymore. His voice is unbearable and his side commentary is lame.

I agree. I usually don't mind him but his East Coast bias along with Olcyk's fellating of McDonagh is unbearable.

Plus his use of "wand" as a term for hockey stick is uber annoying.

RealSturat

Jan 30, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio

If anything McDonaugh commits the first instance of interference by not allowing King to get to the front of the net. How many times to Rags fans tell us to **** about officiating during the season? Hell with them.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I definitely disagree. King is trying to get to the front of the net, and McDonagh is at the corner of the crease obviously trying to prevent him. King then chooses the route that is between McD and Lundqvist to wiggle his way through the front of the net. You see the point where their hands meet in when they initiate contact. Then King takes two propelling strides with his right skate because he sees the shot coming and he wants to wiggle his way past McDonagh, who can't see the shot. Unfortunately, that way is through the crease (which King entered on his own to initiate contact with McD) and it prevents Lundqvist from making the save.

McD does his job. He basically boxes King out of the crease. It's exactly what he's supposed to do. It forces King to not be able to get to the front of the net. King either needs to stay on that side of the net because he's boxed out, or try and go around McD the other way. He can't just go through the crease and through Lundqvist.

A push is when a defender actually pushes the guy onto the goalie, which we've all seen.

Just calling it as I see it.

Goaltender interference to call back a goal isn't a penalty. A player can't prevent the goaltender from being able to make a save. He wasn't forced into Lundqvist, he skated in front of him. I hate the Rags as much as anybody else, but objectively I don't see how that wasn't interference.

I understand what both of you are saying, but there's no way it can be a 2 minute penalty. Waive the goal off? I could definitely see that and agree with it if it was called.

King's left skate enters the top corner of the crease (which he's allowed to do). McDonagh then turns around and tries to box King out from going in front of the net. In doing so, he takes an outside position and pushes King toward lundqvist and the crease. With nowhere else to go, King tries to squeeze by (while contact is still initiated) and falls over. If you watch McDonagh's leg, you'll see he's using it as leverage to move King, which causes him to lose balance and fall over. It's simply not possible for King to do anything other than try and go through that space at that time. He can't stop on a dime and back up there, all of his momentum is going forward. McDonagh dictated where he ended up, and it wasn't really a choice for King (regardless of those really soft strides, which are to try and maintain balance more than anything).

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
I can't take Doc anymore. His voice is unbearable and his side commentary is lame.

I used really enjoy Emrick, but he's gotten terrible. Everything he says now much be a copyrighted phrase because he says the same **** at the same time in every game. Nauseating. I've been watching the CBC feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad