GDT: Stanley Cup Finals | Game #4 | Boston Bruins @ St. Louis Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
I keep hearing and reading people suggesting to bench Perron. When asked yesterday, Berube scoffed at that idea.

Just heard Jackman on 590 suggesting there might be some unexpected lineup changes tonight and said Perron's name when the hosts kept digging.

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
1: Dear lord I hope Dunn is ready to go. We need his puck moving ability and offense and we need Edmundson to sit. He has been horrendous.

2: Sanford should stay in the lineup. Fabbri brings nothing to the table that Sanford doesn't. You used to say Fabbri can bring offense. Nope. 1 goal, 0 assists in 10 games and the goal was a softie given up by Bishop. Sanford was strong in Game 3. He earned Game 4.

3: Please Please Please stay out of the penalty box.

4: I fully expect a strong showing by the Blues tonight. We've seen it all postseason long after an embarrassing loss. But we really need Binnington to step up. I worry that he is just wearing out. The "kid" has played a ton of hockey in 2019.

5: I'll say Blues win 3-2 but I'm not confident about it. Boston is so good, however, they can be beat. Just have to play a smart game.

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
I keep hearing and reading people suggesting to bench Perron. When asked yesterday, Berube scoffed at that idea.

Just heard Jackman on 590 suggesting there might be some unexpected lineup changes tonight and said Perron's name when the hosts kept digging.

I'd say that's extremely doubtful.

We don't need unexpected lineup changes. It was one bad game after a tremendous Game 2.

Keep Sanford in, get Sundqvist back, and hope Dunn can go. Boom. We're ready to go with the team that got us here.

Reactions: STL BLUES

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis

I don't really give a shit what Jackman has to say. Perron has been to the cup finals twice in 2 years. Tell me again how many times Jackman made it there?

2: Sanford should stay in the lineup. Fabbri brings nothing to the table that Sanford doesn't. You used to say Fabbri can bring offense. Nope. 1 goal, 0 assists in 10 games and the goal was a softie given up by Bishop. Sanford was strong in Game 3. He earned Game 4.

The Maroon line with Fabbri did good in game 2 and everyone on the team played like shit in game 3. I just don't have faith in Sanford not to be his Winnipeg series self in game 4.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Yassss! A real GDT! The last one was so bad that even Glenn Hall on Twitter and a "Let's Go Blues" from Laila couldn't help us.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no! Not in OT! We need to win in regulation. We could win the next three games in OT and we'd be getting chirped about how we finally won a Cup but we still haven't won a SCF game in regulation.
And?

I want to win a Cup. I couldn't care less if someone says that Cup is lesser because it took 4 OT wins in the Cup Final. They would be wrong. No one criticizes the 1993 Canadiens for having to go 10-1 in OT in those playoffs to win the Cup. If anything, people point to that as a testament to their resilience and mental toughness required to win.

Win the game. I don't care if it's 10-0 or in 5 OTs. Win the game and make the series 2-2.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I do think that now that they got that first home game out of the way they'll be much better tonight.

I was actually really nervous heading into game 3 thinking it was going to be a loss. But I really do think the pull they win out tonight.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017

While I am pretty frustrated with Perron, benching him might be going too far. I don't think we have anyone in the press box that can provide the offense Perron does, and we need as many goals as we can find.

That being said, if Perron doesn't get it by now then I guess he never will. I read a post game interview where he said they've got to work harder, not take dumb penalties and I'm just thinking "you should have known that years ago!" Anyone watching the games can see Perron has very little discipline at times. Didn't he get benched by Vegas during last year's playoffs too? His negatives certainly outweigh his positives at times, that's for sure.

Redeem yourself David. Hat trick.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I don't really give a **** what Jackman has to say. Perron has been to the cup finals twice in 2 years. Tell me again how many times Jackman made it there?

The Maroon line with Fabbri did good in game 2 and everyone on the team played like **** in game 3. I just don't have faith in Sanford not to be his Winnipeg series self in game 4.

Perron was also healthy scratched for game 4 of the Cup Final last year because he wasn't doing anything and was running around being a liability.

I've been a big Perron supporter all year, but he has been actively hurting the team over the last 3 games. The refs have given him more leeway than I would have and I can't imagine that continues much longer. At this point, I'm pretty confident that dressing Perron is handing Boston a free PP. He is talented enough to still be a net positive despite that, but he hasn't been playing like that all series. I'm not confident he will tonight.

With all that said, scratching him is only an option if Thomas is ready, which seems almost impossibly unlikely. I want to see Sanford stay in at the expense of Fabbri, but I don't want to see Sanford and Fabbri in at the expense of Perron.

Realistically, Berube needs to have a 1 on 1 meeting with Perron and explain that we need him to produce, not to be an agitator. He needs to know in no uncertain terms that a stupid undisciplined penalty is going to cause him to get stapled to the bench. And for God's sake don't even breath on Rask, because all the officials have now watched the replay where he should have been the only one going to the box in game 3 for running Rask. They will be looking for any contact on the goalie to send Perron to the box,

Reactions: Halak Ness Monster

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
OMG OMG

The Sunny is back!!!

sundqvist.png

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
How am I less nervous about tonight's game then Saturdays? I am not saying I think we are going to win, because who the #$%@ knows, I am just in a good place right now. Saturday I was a mess, ended up doing 6 hours of yard work to just try calm my nerves.

Today I am in a great place, they either show up or they dont. We will find out.

Either way this still no matter what, the greatest Blues team of my 37 years on this planet. I am really proud of the boys this year and have enjoyed the ride.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
They've shown that they can fight back. My worry is that the mental tank is empty or that the Bruins are just too damn good.
Boston might be too damn good, but I'm not worried about the mental tank being empty.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Perron has been god awful in the Finals, if Thomas wasn't injured I'd have already put him in the press box. There's no excuse for the amount of penalties he's taken, and his puck management is dreadful.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Perron has been god awful in the Finals, if Thomas wasn't injured I'd have already put him in the press box. There's no excuse for the amount of penalties he's taken, and his puck management is dreadful.

Not just the amount of penalties but the way he's taken them. They have each been moronic.

Reactions: shmotz

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Also, I wasn't a fan of putting Sanford in the lineup but he certainly made me eat my words. He looked great and the physicality didn't faze him at all. I like putting him with ROR and Perron to try and rekindle some of the early season magic.

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
The Maroon line with Fabbri did good in game 2 and everyone on the team played like **** in game 3. I just don't have faith in Sanford not to be his Winnipeg series self in game 4.

Sanford was solid in Game 2 vs. WPG. He has now played 2 strong games and 2 weak games in the playoffs.

Unfortunately Fabbri brings little to the table right now. He's not a good player anymore.

Korac posted the lines. Fabbri out, Sanford in. As it should be.

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
Dunn in and hopefully Edmundson out is a good start to right the ship.

Nevermind, it looks like Bortuzzo may be the odd one out based on the practice lines. Edmundson on the top pairing with Pietrangelo. May God have mercy on our soul.

I think you see Dunn on the top pairing as soon as the coaches see that he is up to SCF speed.

Only reason why I think Ed is staying in. Dunn might look really rusty.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Dunn in and hopefully Edmundson out is a good start to right the ship.

Nevermind, it looks like Bortuzzo may be the odd one out based on the practice lines. Edmundson on the top pairing with Pietrangelo. May God have mercy on our soul.
Well that’s worst case scenario. Bortuzzo has been solid and Edmundson has been a tire fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad