Post-Game Talk: Stanley Cup Final - We’re Going! GIF & Like Party

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Do you guys think whatever was ailing O'Reilly has cleared up at all? I thought he was very noticeably good the last few games of the series, and his faceoffs have taken a big turn the last 4 games (over 58%). Bergeron has had trouble with him in the past in the dot, just curious to see if you think his faceoff troubles this postseason will carry over or if he's rectified that.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Me again.

I thought you would all really like this and hopefully think it was cool

full

Player Discussion - David Backes V

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Do you guys think whatever was ailing O'Reilly has cleared up at all? I thought he was very noticeably good the last few games of the series, and his faceoffs have taken a big turn the last 4 games (over 58%). Bergeron has had trouble with him in the past in the dot, just curious to see if you think his faceoff troubles this postseason will carry over or if he's rectified that.

Yeah he actually has looked more himself the last few games but I'm sure he's still likely nursing an injury as best he can like everyone else.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
I'm seeing a lot of "they did it" posts, and part of me feels the same way, but it will be a pretty empty feeling if they don't win it all. I'll still be proud of them, and it will have been a great season, but we can't stop here. There's still unfinished business. Optimism does not come naturally to me at all, but I just feel like the Blues will find a way even if the Bruins probably have a better roster(which I also said of Winnipeg and San Jose, admittedly). Somebody is going to step up big when we really need it. Binnington will stand tall and someone like Barbashev or Blais or Bortuzzo is going to come in clutch. I just feel it. Keep going, Blues! One more series win and then I don't care if you never win another game as long as I live. 4 more wins and they can build a statue of Pat Maroon and Joel Edmundson for all I care. 4. MORE. WINS!
Yeah, I’ll be disappointed if they don’t win - but just getting to the finals is like breaking the glass ceiling. Let’s keep going, though.

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013

The cancer is in remission!

Seriously, yeah he has looked a lot better but I think there is still something wrong with a hand or wrist....but he definitely influenced this series much more deeply.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I thought last night was the best he’s looked since midway through the Jets series. So, I’m hoping he’s on the mend. ROR and Bergeron at the peak of their abilities going at it in the SCF would be a treat to watch.

STL BLUES

Youth Movement
Oct 22, 2013
Up-Nort
I don't know when this will all sink in. The Blues went from the basement to the penthouse since January. Unbelievable!

I believe we will win the Lord Stanley. But, regardless of our outcome, we have a long list of players, a coach, and general manager, who are deserving of their team recognition of their extraordinary accomplishments.

Hrkac Circus

Dec 11, 2014
Vienna, IL
As another Blues fan mentioned earlier, it's great to see all the well-wishes from fans of other teams. I saw footage on facebook from a watch party going on in South Philly last night and there must have been close to a hundred rowdy Blues supporters. All the support from these fans of other teams, I'll definitely remember them and their teams for years to come.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Cheapest tickets I could find were $725 a piece

Oh well, u will be able to tell your grand kids. I paid $500 for Stanley Cup Finals Game 3 in Edmonton 2006. I told my daughter (if Edmonton ever makes playoffs again), we will be going. Man I hope I win lottery

As of this morning they were 800. Three days ago I almost snagged a pair for 680 a piece. And i kicked myself for waiting. Cost me 750 a piece yesterday.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
As of this morning they were 800. Three days ago I almost snagged a pair for 680 a piece. And i kicked myself for waiting. Cost me 750 a piece yesterday.

Trust me, u will have a blast. Hockey is a sport meant to be watched live. I watched every sport live (except Basketball, white men can't jump). What I have taken from this:

Hockey : meant to be watched live, then watched on TV. People appreciate the speed and skill when they see live
Football: been to 2 NFL games (Seattle 1994, Atlanta 2017). Football is meant to be watched on TV. I find you are too far from field
Baseball: Seen a few games in Toronto in the 90's. BAseball has become a boring sport. Money has ruined it. I can see hockey passing it. Did you ever think kids from Florida, California, Texas, etc would make the NHL? They are now

Anyway, lots of people up here in my neck of the woods (Nova Scotia) hoping for u guys. Go Blues

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Woke up and this still hasn’t hit me yet! Monday is SO far away but let’s take the next few days to enjoy this, we deserve it. However the job isn’t done yet, we want the cup for the FIRST time and we ain’t letting no bear or ‘rat’ (lol) get in the way! LGB!

Been telling myself all playoffs that I’ll make my way down from Ontario to watch us if we make the cup final and have a cup clinching game/games. Looks like I might have to start planning my trip real soon.

Your a Blues fan living in Leafnation. Wow. Good for you

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad