GDT: Stanley Cup Final | Game #5 | Blues @ Bruins | "I guess we're the villains now?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
I could care less if Chara and Gryz play or not. Chara is a shell of the D he used to be. This Blues team can beat Boston with both of those guys 100% healthy. No excuses, just get the win and come back to St. Louis to finish this season off the right way.

converseman54

Apr 13, 2017
STL
I3ahcvd.jpg

Zp0x0cX.jpg

BN3dDmF.jpg

wEeD02Q.jpg

kufo2OC.jpg

aq5W9eF.jpg

GddDeX7.jpg

bW6KkqS.jpg

rzvBRKJ.jpg

B4s3ioY.jpg

YuCahJP.jpg

am3Tbwz.jpg

e6e6o44.jpg

LTyHaBB.jpg

gGOVxmb.jpg

ZR1ZcDQ.jpg

je5tKH7.jpg

uQWhadp.jpg

yLo074K.jpg

UiptJSN.jpg

sUwn2XK.png

2aFBNHM.png

wUEp801.png

kOvnME1.png

Absolutely wonderful GDT

Reactions: Bendak

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
I don't know a better way than for the Blues to win tonight and then win it on home ice on Sunday. It would cap off an amazing performance to get here after being the worst team in the league to start 2019. I'm proud of the boys and what they've done so far, and if we do lose to Boston, I'll be really upset about this missed opportunity to win their first cup, but I can't be mad at the effort. I hope the boys can pull this out for everyone in St. Louis, and more importantly, for themselves. There were a lot of questions about certain players on this team, and winning a cup would shut up everyone. Let's get this win tonight boys, I feel God in this Chili's tonight.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
if he cant talk then he cant communicate on the ice. this is the karlsson situation all over again.

it doesnt really matter if he plays or not but if his jaw is broken, getting put into the glass every 2-3mins isnt going to help it.

Xanadude

Jun 12, 2018
Ballwin
We're going to have to earn this. I could easily see Chara's face being Schilling's bloody sock, but I could also see him tentative and mistake-prone out there, just like Karlsson in our last game 5.

As with this whole series, if we stay out of the box, I think we can win. If we get undisciplined, we're in for a pounding.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
That is an exceptional GDT. Lots of charges on our boys playing tough against the garland angels!

Before series I expected Blues splitting on the road & at home before serve getting held in G5 & G6. That would theoretically offer emotional protection tonight if they lose.

But one key underlying assumption I had going in, namely that the San Jose attrition strategy would work less effectively against the Bruins, is happily in major question.

I'm anxious about anything that isn't 5v5. I believe the Blues will be well prepared by Berube for that penalty situation. There's penalty gamesmanship after G3 & G4 by each coach/team but it belies the fact each side is dialed into the Final's officiating rhythm the same way we fans are, which means they anticipate the same things we do and are preparing.

I hear her voice, in the morning hour she calls me

ChillWill1

Nov 28, 2017
Big game tonight ! You guys the Bruins are going to come out absolutely flying playing in front of a pumped home crowd and possibly having Chara play with a broken jaw will give them a big boost. We have to weather the storm the first 10 minutes. 4-1 Blues. O’Reilly, Schenn, Vova and Sunny with the empty netter.
LGB !!!!

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
If Chara plays, that's a big advantage for the Blues...every bump, block, check, shot is going to be painful and he's going to be even less effective than he already is. Grzelyck, i just don't see how he can play without having absorbed some contact in practice and given time to respond. That's a huge risk for a medical professional to take, releasing that guy for full-contact a mere 8 days after sustaining a serious head injury. Yikes.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
I Believe
In Chief
In Binny
In ROR
In Pie
In Dunn
In Maroon
In our team
In our resolve
In our drive
In our heart
And especially in the Note

BE KILLERS, SHOW NO MERCY, DEFY HISTORY AND MAY THE HOCKEY GODS SMILE UPON US!

LONG LIVE THE NOTE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad