GDT: Stanley Cup Champs @ non Champs Calgary Flames

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Flames definitely taking some liberties. Somebody took a late run at Nicky along the boards a couple minutes ago. Then the attempted disembowelment of Bowey, followed by the monkey business v. JC74 in front of benches. We miss Willy in that situation. Need orpik, DSP, orlov and others to answer back. Dont just leave it to 8 in the scrums

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Definitely hasn’t found a groove yet. But i have confidence in him. Largely because of the wheels and the hustle. Honestly, i think i’d deal bura b4 i dealt stephenson. Two different skillsets, of course, with Bura on the higher end, talent wise. But bura feels like he’ll be frustrating to watch for rest of his career. Flashes of brilliance followed by 25-game stretches of turnovers, perimeter play, injuries and coach’s doghouse.
Sure, Stephenson is a good player, just kind of looking wasted tonight

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Jaskin needs to go to whoever gave Wilson skating lessons, would be fun to see what he could do with a bit more speed.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Jaskin needs to go to whoever gave Wilson skating lessons, would be fun to see what he could do with a bit more speed.
I think jaskin is actually a good skater. That’s his reputation, and he shows good speed north-south anyway.

To me, Oshie’s a dude who could use a tune-up on stride mechanics. But the reality is, it’s hard to change a player’s skating once he’s past about 14 yrs old. I’m sure you can fix things at the margins, but the basic stride and posture seem to solidify early on.

All that said ... yes, Willy has gotten quicker. Put his tutor on speed-dial.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad