Speculation: Stanley Cup champions 2016 prediction

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
Post your predictions for the 2016 Stanley Cup winner. Will the Blackhawks repeat their success, will the Kings regain their ascendancy? Will the Habs finally find their 25th cup? Will the Oilers find their winning answer with the 4th first round draft pick? Will Burmistrov bring the Jets to a Stanley Cup victory?

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg
Jets win, Thorburn with Stanley Cup winning goal in overtime.

.....I'll say Tampa pulls through this time.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
I see no reason why the Hawks don't win again.

What about the Central Division Trojan Horse?
3184.png

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Jets in 5.

Hellebuyck will steal the starting role in February, and go 16-5 in the playoffs. He will have a 0.937 saving percentage in the season, and break every single record known to man, by going a 0.957% in the playoffs. Conn Smythe trophy winner.

The cup will be paraded through Portage Avenue, and Helle will be given the Order of Manitoba, and a lake named after him.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
I'm actually thinking the Kings pull it off. Depending on how the Voynov and Richards situations play out, they might have enough cap space to shore up their defensive depth again. They also deserved a better fate last year (i.e. they should have made the playoffs), despite the cup hangover. Lucic is a gamble though - in all likelihood they added yet another mediocre regular season player who only turns it on for the playoffs.

It's hard to bet against the Lightning coming out of the East again, but I still don't see them taking down one of the West powerhouses.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
I'm actually thinking the Kings pull it off. Depending on how the Voynov and Richards situations play out, they might have enough cap space to shore up their defensive depth again. They also deserved a better fate last year (i.e. they should have made the playoffs), despite the cup hangover. Lucic is a gamble though - in all likelihood they added yet another mediocre regular season player who only turns it on for the playoffs.

It's hard to bet against the Lightning coming out of the East again, but I still don't see them taking down one of the West powerhouses.

Darryl Sutter's shelf life as coach of the LA Kings will come to an end. The quicker they release him, the better shot the Kings have of making the playoffs.

It won't matter in the long run, as the Jets are going to the Conference Finals, and probably will outright win the Stanley Cup.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
I picked the Ducks cause they have a ton of cap room to still make moves during the season, to replace an injured player or fill a need. They can take on salary without deleting from their roster where many other contenders can't.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
^^^Interesting point Bob that I never thought of. Could certainly pull some good moves to fill in needs. Plus that young D core is a year older. Might be my favorite in the west.

I see no reason why the Hawks don't win again.

Then you aren't looking hard enough. There are plenty of reasons why they won't repeat. Let alone how hard repeating in this day and age is. I would say there are just as many reasons why they won't as why they might. Odds are not in their favor.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Habs. They should have beaten TB but Bishop got hot.

Edit: It's right there plain as day on an MTS Centre wall. Habs vs Jets.

Say What

Building a Legacy 4/28/96 Never again!!
Jan 18, 2015
East Final: Columbus over NY Islanders
West Final: Anaheim over Minnesota

Cup Champs: Columbus Blue Jackets

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad