Post-Game Talk: Stanley Cup Champion Tom Wilson vs the New York Islanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Good all round game. The Islanders had some chances but they just dont have the talent.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Heads are exploding from BK Heights to Bayshore. Their villain is really good at hockey.

JohnCarlsaurus

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Jan 29, 2009
FL
No hat trick is a bummer but still an excellent troll job by Willy.

Bowey, Djoos & Dowd (2nd game in a row with a goal) also played well.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
For this 6-game winning streak, Caps are averaging 2.166 GA and 4.0 GF. That will do nicely.
Earlier in the year when we were losing games 5-4 a lot of people were happy with the no defence style. They have tightened up defensively and the offensive hasn't really been affected. This is the way I wanted our team to play. I dont understand what some had against playing defensively responsible. Its got them on a 6 game winning streak.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
He'll be too expensive next game...sigh

I will still play him.

This was a "tiers" contest where you pick one player per tier so you don't have to manage cap. I have better luck with these I guess because it's all about picking the guy who's most likely to score that night out of maybe 7-10 players per slot.

Capped NHL games on DK are annoying because you have to wait until 5pm to find out most of the starting goaltenders.

Reactions: RandyHolt

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
upload_2018-11-27_12-49-45.png

Holtby's last 7 games - pretty awesome

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
And I'll keep saying it.
This has far exceeded my expectations without Kuzy, TJ, and Orpik. Tremendous resolve shown by the Caps !
I'm not really surprised. Orpik almost doesnt matter anymore. The only place he might help us is on the pk.
I think we are also better defensively when Kuzy and Ovi aren't in the ice at the same time. When everyone is healthy I'm hoping Backstrom stays on a line with Ovi and Wilson. I wouldnt even mind if Wilson stays on the first pp unit.
Whenever Orpik gets in the lineup I hope they scratch Djoos instead of Bowey.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Earlier in the year when we were losing games 5-4 a lot of people were happy with the no defence style. They have tightened up defensively and the offensive hasn't really been affected. This is the way I wanted our team to play. I dont understand what some had against playing defensively responsible. Its got them on a 6 game winning streak.

That's some revisionist history there. No one was "happy" that we were struggling on defense, but many people expressed a lack of concern because it was early, in October and no time to panic yet. Some people prefer a 4-3 or 5-4 game in October/November vs a 2-1 game, but thats not the real issue. The issue is you suggesting the Caps defense was poor because of system changes by TR, and that people were happy with how they were playing defense, neither of which were true. The team defense is improved because A) the turnovers stopped happening so often, B) the forwards started playing 200 feet, and C) Holtby and Copley tightened up on the softies. We're all happy about those three things happening. Lets just enjoy the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad