Post-Game Talk: Stanley Cap Champs vs The 'thankyou Vegas' Winnipeg Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
It's funny how people can look at the same thing and see totally different things.

To me McDavid totally has the "I know I'm the best player in the world" vibe going on.

He plays super confident. He knows he's so much faster than anyone and shows it off every game.
Honestly, for the best player..meh. I remember what it was like to absolutely expect Ovie or Crosby or—go back further Lemiuex, Gretzky, a young Lindros—to do something incredible every game if not every shift. I never feel that watching McDavid and he frequently meets my expectations. Laine too. Mathews is probably the most fun of the three.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Wow, the lady on the Winnipeg broadcast can sing the hell out of a national anthem
He dominates. He just doesn’t seem to relish it like 8 and 87 did when they were younger. Or like some of the older greats—99, 66, Mess, even Jagr.

I believe the phenomenon you are experiencing is called aging.

Reactions: Heath

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
He dominates. He just doesn’t seem to relish it like 8 and 87 did when they were younger. Or like some of the older greats—99, 66, Mess, even Jagr.

Could some of that apparent absence of swagger be attributable to less-than-spectacular performance of most of these guys' respective teams? The 'Peg made the WCF last season, but Matthews' team lost in R1 and McD's didn't even get into the dance. Some of them may grow into that role; others may not have the personality/desire to get into that type of display.

Herregud

Feb 7, 2010
Washington, DC
Does anyone else watch vs Xfinity on their PC/Laptop and if so is anyone else getting the weird deal where they're asking you to connect to your home wi-fi when you already are? I just wanna watch :(

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Could some of that apparent absence of swagger be attributable to less-than-spectacular performance of most of these guys' respective teams? The 'Peg made the WCF last season, but Matthews' team lost in R1 and McD's didn't even get into the dance. Some of them may grow into that role; others may not have the personality/desire to get into that type of display.
Ya maybe. But that sort of makes my point for me. The players themselves don’t just have that swagger.

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
Carlson is just a very lazy passer. Every other pass goes to the other team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad