Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Screen Shot 2024-04-15 at 5.51.21 AM.png
Screen Shot 2024-04-15 at 5.51.39 AM.png

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Well well well

Last year we desperately needed to just start resting guys as first in the league was locked in and at minimum we had home ice in the East (not gonna bother looking and figuring out the alternate possiblities, we had a lot of f***ing points ok)

Now, we actually need to win those last two games if we want to have a better chance at home ice

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
As it looks like TB is our first round opponent, a team that could win the east, anything can happen in the playoffs. And in looking at some games lately, TB is still beatable. They lost to Ottawa I think it was last week. Anything can happen in the playoffs: injuries, puck luck, teams taking bad penalties, etc. Bring on TB! One thing we can say about the Bruins this year, especially the last 3 weeks or so….they aren’t going to quit. Playing solid hockey for the most part since Monty said they weren’t ready for the playoffs. Interesting……

Let’s go Bruins!

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Remind me, home ice for the ECF is based on points and not seeding, right? i.e. if the Canes finish ahead of us in points and knock off the Rangers as the Metro 2 seed, they'd still have home ice in the ECF even if we're the Atlantic 1 seed, right?

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Remind me, home ice for the ECF is based on points and not seeding, right? i.e. if the Canes finish ahead of us in points and knock off the Rangers as the Metro 2 seed, they'd still have home ice in the ECF even if we're the Atlantic 1 seed, right?
I was actually wondering this same thing earlier and feel like I must have forgot because I swear I used to know. :laugh:

I think it's total points

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I was actually wondering this same thing earlier and feel like I must have forgot because I swear I used to know. :laugh:

I think it's total points
It's definitely points for the SCF so that'd be the logical thing but the NHL is usually illogical so I needed to get confirmation.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Here are the Stanley Cup Playoff clinching scenarios for April 15:

EASTERN CONFERENCE

The New York Rangers will clinch the Metropolitan Division, Eastern Conference and Presidents' Trophy:

If they defeat the Ottawa Senators in any fashion (7:30 p.m. ET; MSG, TSN5, RDS2).

The Boston Bruins will clinch the Atlantic Division:

If they defeat the Washington Capitals in any fashion (7 p.m. ET; MNMT, NHLN, NESN).

The New York Islanders will clinch a playoff berth:

If they defeat the New Jersey Devils in any fashion (7 p.m. ET; MSGSN2, MSGSN) OR if they get one point AND either of the following occurs:

-- The Detroit Red Wings lose to the Montreal Canadiens in any fashion (7 p.m. ET; BSDETX, SN, RDS)

-- The Capitals lose to the Bruins in any fashion

OR if any of the following occurs:

-- The Red Wings lose to the Canadiens in regulation AND the Capitals lose to the Bruins in regulation

-- The Red Wings lose to the Canadiens in regulation AND the Pittsburgh Penguins lose to the Nashville Predators in any fashion (7 p.m. ET; SN-PIT+, BSSO)

-- The Capitals lose to the Bruins in regulation AND the Penguins lose to the Predators in any fashion

The Islanders will clinch the No. 3 seed in the Metropolitan Division:

If they defeat the Devils in any fashion OR if they get one point AND the Capitals lose to the Bruins in any fashion

OR

If the Capitals lose to the Bruins in regulation AND the Penguins lose to the Predators in any fashion

WESTERN CONFERENCE

The Vancouver Canucks (idle) will clinch the Pacific Division:

If the Edmonton Oilers lose to the San Jose Sharks in any fashion (9:30 p.m. ET; TVAS, SNW, SNOL, NBCSCA).

The Predators will clinch the first wild card:

If they get at least one point against the Penguins.

First-round matchups that can be locked today:

Carolina Hurricanes (M2) vs. New York Islanders (M3) – Locked in with the Rangers' AND Islanders' playoff seed clinching scenarios outlined above.

Boston Bruins (A1) vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (WC1) – Locked in with the Bruins' AND Rangers' playoff seed clinching scenarios outlined above.

Florida Panthers (A2) vs. Toronto Maple Leafs (A3) – Locked in with the Bruins' playoff seed clinching scenario outlined above.

1713205861122.png

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Here are the Stanley Cup Playoff clinching scenarios for April 15:

EASTERN CONFERENCE

The New York Rangers will clinch the Metropolitan Division, Eastern Conference and Presidents' Trophy:

If they defeat the Ottawa Senators in any fashion (7:30 p.m. ET; MSG, TSN5, RDS2).

The Boston Bruins will clinch the Atlantic Division:

If they defeat the Washington Capitals in any fashion (7 p.m. ET; MNMT, NHLN, NESN).

The New York Islanders will clinch a playoff berth:

If they defeat the New Jersey Devils in any fashion (7 p.m. ET; MSGSN2, MSGSN) OR if they get one point AND either of the following occurs:

-- The Detroit Red Wings lose to the Montreal Canadiens in any fashion (7 p.m. ET; BSDETX, SN, RDS)

-- The Capitals lose to the Bruins in any fashion

OR if any of the following occurs:

-- The Red Wings lose to the Canadiens in regulation AND the Capitals lose to the Bruins in regulation

-- The Red Wings lose to the Canadiens in regulation AND the Pittsburgh Penguins lose to the Nashville Predators in any fashion (7 p.m. ET; SN-PIT+, BSSO)

-- The Capitals lose to the Bruins in regulation AND the Penguins lose to the Predators in any fashion

The Islanders will clinch the No. 3 seed in the Metropolitan Division:

If they defeat the Devils in any fashion OR if they get one point AND the Capitals lose to the Bruins in any fashion

OR

If the Capitals lose to the Bruins in regulation AND the Penguins lose to the Predators in any fashion

WESTERN CONFERENCE

The Vancouver Canucks (idle) will clinch the Pacific Division:

If the Edmonton Oilers lose to the San Jose Sharks in any fashion (9:30 p.m. ET; TVAS, SNW, SNOL, NBCSCA).

The Predators will clinch the first wild card:

If they get at least one point against the Penguins.

First-round matchups that can be locked today:

Carolina Hurricanes (M2) vs. New York Islanders (M3) – Locked in with the Rangers' AND Islanders' playoff seed clinching scenarios outlined above.

Boston Bruins (A1) vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (WC1) – Locked in with the Bruins' AND Rangers' playoff seed clinching scenarios outlined above.

Florida Panthers (A2) vs. Toronto Maple Leafs (A3) – Locked in with the Bruins' playoff seed clinching scenario outlined above.

View attachment 852184
Florida has tie breaker if tied with Bruins ?

FONZIE

AYYYYYY!!!!
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Moved to Wisconsin
Toronto playing Florida tonight is kind of bonkers in that they could determine their matchup in the playoffs depending on how the Bruins do.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
That last WC race has the potential to be super awesome, entertaining, and nail biting. It also has the potential to be a massive dud if Washington goes up 4-0 in the first 10 minutes on the sieves that Philly calls goalies.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Toronto doing everything they can to get Matthews that 70th goal.

Down 5-2 and got a pp with 40 seconds left......and they're pulling their goalie.

Didn't work though. Tough shit #34. See you Saturday.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
In the end, there was no major shift in the Atlantic - I thought both Detroit and Buffalo could make the playoff cut but the Wings had a very bad March and Buffalo is snakebit.

In the Metro, I am most surprised that the Caps made the cut. Torts in Philly will get Jack Adams votes but losing Carter Hart to the Hockey Canada sex scandal just was too much to overcome.

1713340998638.png

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad